Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence and iBassist pairing conundrum

Hey y'all.
Maybe it's the midi-ot in me, but i'm having some issues pairing Xequence and iBassist.

What I have:
A single track from chordbot (channel 7)

What i'm trying to do:
Make iBassist read Channel 7 for live chord change and make Xequence read the resulting bassline on Channel 9

But it doesn't seem to be working. Xequence doesn't record any midi, and I couldn't find where it is failing.

A shoutout to @SevenSystems and @LuisMartinez to see if anyone can enlighten me :lol :smiley:

Thanks for your attention :smiley:

Comments

• edited August 2018

@senhorlampada I do not currently have iBassist to test but make sure you have MIDI in switched on and the appropriate source selected so that Xequence can listen. The MIDI in can be found in the MIDI/Recording options menu. I just tested this with my midi keyboard and with the Rozeta Bass app via AUM and it recorded it.

• @senhorlampada what @gmslayton said, also you can try both "Any" (then, you would need to explicitly select the "Xequence Destination" in iBassist, if such a thing exists there), or disable "Any" and then enable the "iBassist" source explicitly (if it exists).

Does the "MIDI In" led in Xequence flash? I don't have either of those apps either, so I currently can't test... this should all get easier with the Audiobus update in the workings :)

• Thanks @gmslayton and @SevenSystems
    Gotta try what you guys said... Only thing is my iPad is at home... Gotta wait a few hours! :lol:

I did manage to record Rozeta Particles already (driving some delicious DRC bass). So that's a good start

• After messing with some other setups, including Navichord, I realized there are some bugs with the midi implementation in iBassist. :smiley:
    Thanks again for your attention, @gmslayton and @SevenSystems :wink: