Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NIGHT SONG/Pop Classic?

edited August 2018 in Creations

Hi, this is a song I wrote fifty years ago. Like all hippy songwriters in the 70s I dreamt of having a pop hit. Never happened, of course. But I never, in my wildest dreams thought I could sit and arrange and record it on a magic screen I could hold in my hand. Pretty much as good or better than anything I could have done in a full studio back then. Life can be stunning if you live long enough!

Ravenscroft piano (still without my pedal), iSymphonic strings, iFretless bass and ThumbJam shakuhachi flute backed up by the microsonic's chorus. Waves Ultramaximizer is fantastic for me. It always brings a track forward and brightens just using the "mastering" preset. I added chorus and reverb to the flute, Please comment!

Comments

• @LinearLineman
    A lovely theme, I like it!πŸ‘
    Nicely performed and arranged on the iPad.

Totally agree with you. I remember sitting in the late 70β€˜s with an Tascam Portastudio trying recording my first own music. Later with a Fostex A-80 connected with an 24HE 19’ Rack. And now? We can sit on a Sofa arranging 24 Tracks inkl. FabFilters just using Auria Pro and a little iPad on the knees... 🎢😎

Amazing times for musicians!

• Thanks @chandroji. Yes, a $1000 (1980 dollars) Tascam four track reel to reel and a Tascam two track reel to reel to mix-down onto. These kids don't know what they missed!😈

• I can imagine this being used on Broadway. I'm a sucker for moody minor key melodies so this one just begs to be turned into a real song. I hope that happens at some point.

It needs a great musical theater singer to pull it off or a group to pass around the verses.

• Great track and it has certainly aged well, like fine wine... :wink:

• Nice song Mike :)

• Thanks so much @oddSTAR and @janosax. Your praise means a lot to me. Yes, I think the song has aged a lot better than I have!