Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I LOVE APPLE

2»

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@greengrocer said:

@Dawdles said:
    All about the 3rd party devs from my POV. Frustratingly I love enough of those enough to ‘tolerate’ Apple... Those devs go elsewhere, I go elsewhere...

Good point Apple owes a lot to the great and independent devs, withoutout them I probably never had an iPad.

I bought my first iPad because of the iMS20 app - nothing to do wth wanting an iPad. Got bored with that and the iPad went on the shelf until Audiobus and Gadget turned up. The rest is history.

No motivation for independent bloggers and vloggers to promote apps (nearly all of my purchases have been a result of Doug's vids) = less sales = less devs making apps = less iPad sales.

Typical corporate short-term profit thinking. Looks like the devs are going to have to be seriously busy with promotion to make up for the shortfall.

Good points! +1

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Philh0954 and @McDtracy and everyone else. I was just joking!!!! I guess the humor was too dry. Phil you do look like a sweet guy. I thought the humor was obvious. Oy! This is how wars start! How could I get so upset about Phil's funny remark!
    I am very sorry it was misunderstood! I was having fun!

My timing, as usual, has been perfect. Apple's announcement about the affiliate program certainly is a black mark against them. As I said, large corporations are sociopathic. They don't know right from wrong. McDs reasoning on that thread is sound. I truly feel bad for good people like Doug. I became a patreon of his a while back. Seems like the best way to thank these folks. Maybe it will be better for them in the long run because how much is the payoff for them when I buy a $15 app? Now those who were supporting them for their great service by purchasing apps thru them may feel a desire to become patreons.

Sorry! Text can be confusing when using sarcasm. I've tried it many times and got the same results. It's good to know everyone was kidding. We need something better than emoji's to indicate humor... something like a "funny voice" font.

• edited August 2018

The thing is, if you compare it with 20th century old media , for example, the music press, how would it parallel?

People making the music were shaved by record label in return for distribution (and promo), the journalists and rock photogs were not given anything by the record industry (except free records and other significant freebies such as travel and gigs and parties), the rock press had to make its own money through advertising in the pages.

Similar elsewhere, not in the music industry, such as fashion, etc.

Outside of publishing, the same sort of order was evident in the television and broadcast industry.

• edited August 2018

@McDtracy said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @Philh0954 and @McDtracy and everyone else. I was just joking!!!! I guess the humor was too dry. Phil you do look like a sweet guy. I thought the humor was obvious. Oy! This is how wars start! How could I get so upset about Phil's funny remark!
    I am very sorry it was misunderstood! I was having fun!

My timing, as usual, has been perfect. Apple's announcement about the affiliate program certainly is a black mark against them. As I said, large corporations are sociopathic. They don't know right from wrong. McDs reasoning on that thread is sound. I truly feel bad for good people like Doug. I became a patreon of his a while back. Seems like the best way to thank these folks. Maybe it will be better for them in the long run because how much is the payoff for them when I buy a $15 app? Now those who were supporting them for their great service by purchasing apps thru them may feel a desire to become patreons.

Sorry! Text can be confusing when using sarcasm. I've tried it many times and got the same results. It's good to know everyone was kidding. We need something better than emoji's to indicate humor... something like a "funny voice" font.

funny voice fonts are the future! ( use Ren & Stimpy titles font )

• I think people here have a love-hate relationship with Apple. We know they produce the best tablets and have the best music software available. And we have invested so much in apps (and there is little alternative) that we are a captive audience. That’s why there is such an outcry when Apple do daft stuff like removing the headphone socket and closing the commission scheme. In a normal market, we would have the option of just taking our business elsewhere, but that’s not really a viable option for most.

• edited August 2018

@u0421793 said:
    The thing is, if you compare it with 20th century old media , for example, the music press, how would it parallel?

People making the music were shaved by record label in return for distribution (and promo), the journalists and rock photogs were not given anything by the record industry (except free records and other significant freebies such as travel and gigs and parties), the rock press had to make its own money through advertising in the pages.

Similar elsewhere, not in the music industry, such as fashion, etc.

Outside of publishing, the same sort of order was evident in the television and broadcast industry.

People had to buy the music papers if they wanted to stay informed, & the circulation figures were quite high. How to monetize journalism on the internet is still not particularly clear, so much information is available for free. Without a need for a physical product it's a bit of a conundrum. Ad-blockers also make monetizing difficult. Universal income is probably the only solution, then people could produce content without the need to create a revenue stream. The old notions of work & pay need to be dragged into the 21st century, & given a kick up the arse!

EDIT: "People making the music were shaved by record label" .............A disturbing image!!!!!!!!! :D

• As big as Apple is, they’re a tiny fraction of what ails the planet. I don’t love or hate Apple, and why blame them for not having better competition? Their ambition and greed is why we have these amazing devices. They don’t make them for this tiny market. Many iOS music-makers are the beneficiaries of this platform that favors buyers over sellers. The affiliate program was a good thing for some people because of Apple. They giveth, they taketh away. If the market is to survive, take control. If you want information, support the people who provide it.