Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"AAS Objeq" AUv3 App $4

I was looking for a filter and saw the demo of AAS Objeq and had to try it.
Intended to make anything a resonant drum it makes most things pretty damn weird. Just a few bars of madness:

https://soundcloud.com/user-403688328/aas-objeq

Comments

• Sounds pretty funky and weird, in a good way. Thanks for sharing

• This AU plug-in is from "Applied Acoustics Systems" (AAS) and they are innovators with Physical Modeling. I love percussion and resonance... this App has some pretty amazing sound bending technology in it.

It was designed so you could just tap on the table and use the iPad Mic to pick up the sound and the AU creates Cajon-like tones and many other physical percussion instruments with resonance filtering and physical modeling. There's nothing else like it on my iPad. For $4 it's a steal. Their web site mentions 50% off on everything so I'm not sure if the regular price is $8.

I'm going to run some more instruments through it and see what comes out the other end. It also allows realtime modification of the sound with a great X-Y GUI and 3 physical models. It can make any drum track sound more interesting.

Check it out. If there are other products like this please let us know.

• Excellent app! .. sounds great feeding it the drums in Swarplug, or any percussion source.

I just wish it had midi CC control of the decay/position/tone/pitch. Would love to throw it on Apematrix and modulate the perimeters for some evolving movement.

It's the same technology behind the popular Plonk eurorack module.

• edited July 2018

@McDtracy said:
    This AU plug-in is from "Applied Acoustics Systems" (AAS) and they are innovators with Physical Modeling. I love percussion and resonance... this App has some pretty amazing sound bending technology in it.

AAS is also involved in the Ableton Live Synthesizer... 🎶

May you are interested for the AAS Objeq review from Nu-Trix The Synth Guy 👍

• It would be great if the sales on this App were enough to get AAS to create more for the IOS market. Their Desktop Apps are all 50% right now. It looks like they have a physical modeling synth and sell Sound Packs that can be loaded into it. That could be a great model to make profit on IOS. A Synth for an entry fee price and dozens of Sound Packs that folks would add after hearing a demo of each option.

• I’ve found that putting Objeq on a drum loop with a low pitch and short decay can add some nice oomph. Works great on everything but the marimba material. Getting the pitch to work in your song can be tricky sometimes, but when it sits right, it’s niiiice.

• It would be great to get this company to make more Apps and AUv3 products for us. They made an IOS toy that just happens to be an awesome Resonant Filter with Physical Modeling added to make interesting "acoustic drums" out of impulses. We have a ton of impulses in our other Apps so it's a sweet AUv3 FX that doesn't fit in the usual categories. I like it a lot for $4 and just want more out of the box Apps from AAS. It may be too late and they've written IOS off with low sales. Was it ever $8?

• Too bad beep street already did a better version 5 years ago with Impaktor. It does the percussion modelling thing, but it’s also multitimbral, has a ton of presets, built-in sequencer, recorder, and FX. According to reviews, if you hook up drum triggers it basically turns the ipad into a Korg Wavedrum.

Still, Objeq does AU....which increases it’s use by 10 fold since it can be used on recorded tracks for sound design. Worth a try for 4 bucks.

• @coolout said:
    Too bad beep street already did a better version 5 years ago with Impaktor. It does the percussion modelling thing, but it’s also multitimbral, has a ton of presets, built-in sequencer, recorder, and FX. According to reviews, if you hook up drum triggers it basically turns the ipad into a Korg Wavedrum.

Still, Objeq does AU....which increases it’s use by 10 fold since it can be used on recorded tracks for sound design. Worth a try for 4 bucks.

Thanks for the Impaktor tip. I don't have any BeepStreet Apps yet and it looks like I should start with the AUv3 Sunrizer synth 'cause AUv3 huh?

The "drum" metaphor for Objeq is intended to play to the IOS audience as they see it. Look I can play like on a Cajon using my iphone. More marketing driven than technology focused. They take physical modeling code and sell it as a "Drum 'n Play" app for $4. But there are settings that make it resonate for bass lines, pads, and some weird drum loop madness.

• Although i have Impaktor, i've never really used it (turns out i'm less keen on banging on the table than i thought i'd be), but (being a sucker for sales) i took a £4 chance on this as an AUv3 FX ...

Lovely :)

Adds a really interesting colour and character to simple drum loops, from subtle to barely recognisable.

• This looks pretty cool - and tempting at that price - but does it do anything that a decent filter app/function couldn’t do with LFO-driven sweeps and the Q value turned up? I’ve heard the demo and am struggling to see what makes Objeq unique

• edited March 2020

Just got my hands on this and love it, particularly in the effects slot of AUM processing some sounds from various synths that I’ve put through Spacecraft, wonderful stuff. So a +1 here for the idea that more people should buy this to encourage aas to port more physical modeling stuff.

• weird i was just looking at this today @Gavinski haha almost bought it...4$ seems like a good price as i was wondering how it would sound as an effect on synths. i saw one video using it on a synth from STR but it was not really that great of a demo imo at least for the kinda music i make, ambient stuff... but i bet it goes great with spacecraft

• has AAS Objeq been updated lately?

• I think it is very suitable for ambient stuff, i love it, and it definitely brings things to the table that you can’t get from just using filters, sorry btw, just noticed this message now

@reasOne said:
    weird i was just looking at this today @Gavinski haha almost bought it...4$ seems like a good price as i was wondering how it would sound as an effect on synths. i saw one video using it on a synth from STR but it was not really that great of a demo imo at least for the kinda music i make, ambient stuff... but i bet it goes great with spacecraft