Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let The Sunshine In - Feel Good Summer Song with LostBoy85

edited July 2018 in Creations

This is a track that is a lot more poppy than my usual, so I asked @LostBoy85 for assistance on the vocals as I knew he would do the song far better justice than I ever could. It's a summertime toe-tapper to go along with the heatwave we're enjoying here in the UK:

Comments

• Very good! Congrats to you both!

• @theconnactic said:
    Very good! Congrats to you both!

Thanks for the listen! Much appreciated.

As for the rest of you, well, it's not looking good for that kitten...

• Ok I listened and I like it, very good uplifting melody and words. The vocals at the beginning need a slight bit of tuning but I found the vocals started to shine in the back half of the song with the higher harmony coming in...it sounded very good.
    Don’t touch a hair on that cat ok🐱

• edited July 2018

Haha thanks, the cat is OK >:)

I didn't do any tuning to the vocals at all, because Lostboy's voice is so good, but there are a couple of slightly iffy notes so I might think about it. Thanks for the feedback, that was really useful.

• Ha! I was expecting a cover of the song from Hair, and almost skipped it because of that. This reminds me of when there was a song I focus-group-tested recently, asking the listener to tell me what genre she thought the song fit, and she says “Summer songs”.. :) I didn’t realize that was a category. I was looking for terms like “pop” or “ R&B”, but, OK, Summer songs, then. Summer jams. She seemed to think it was important to release the track soon, in time for Summer.

Productionwise, there’s like a rainy or windy sounding synthy sound in there somewhere, which seems oddly juxtaposed to the concept of sunshine to my ear, but maybe that’s just my weird perception... the whole thing is so dreamy with the big wash of reverb, etc...

Anyway, definitely a “summer tune”, and you’re right on time there! :)

• Lol, by the title I also first thought it was a cover of that song from Hair!

• Hah, I didn't even know about that song from Hair. Just had a listen on YT, godawful.

• I’ve done my bit for the kitten, but it was a pleasure in truth. Big congrats to you both! Great tune, and I will continue to listen to it whilst the the sun continues to shine! Mix is v nice, got those vocals at just the right level 😉.
    Well done

P