Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Basic iPad question

If a friend gives me his iPad, is it just a matter of connecting to wifi, signing out of his Apple ID, and signing in to mine to get it ready for my use or is there other shit i have to do?

Comments

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

Your friend would do good to reset the iPad first.
    Otherwise, you may have access to lots of stuff!

• Settings / General / Reset / Reset All

• @tja said:
    Your friend would do good to reset the iPad first.
    Otherwise, you may have access to lots of stuff!

Right right, ok cool. Thanks!

• I think your friend needs to go into iTunes and into his account settings.
    There's a list of managed devices and this iPad needs to be disassociated from his account. Or he needs to give you his password and you can share all his apps.

• I’m sure the hard reset mentioned above is all that’s required if its a clean break and start all over scenario. That’s what people do when they buy and sell them.

• @robosardine said:
    I’m sure the hard reset mentioned above is all that’s required if its a clean break and start all over scenario. That’s what people do when they buy and sell them.

Thanks

• Worth noting is that if you do a 'factory reset' without turning off find my iPad and logging out from your iCloud account the new user will not be able to activate the iPad...

• @Samu said:
    Worth noting is that if you do a 'factory reset' without turning off find my iPad and logging out from your iCloud account the new user will not be able to activate the iPad...

Ahh ok. Very good to know.

• edited July 2018

@McDtracy said:
    I think your friend needs to go into iTunes and into his account settings.
    There's a list of managed devices and this iPad needs to be disassociated from his account. Or he needs to give you his password and you can share all his apps.

yes, removing the iPad from his account is the proper way to do it.
    But that's in fact all that's required. The iPad will then present itself 'new and empty' for the new owner. What's left on the iPad will be erased during new activation.
    (at least that's how I understand the procedure)
    For security sake (as you never know...) most folks do the 'reset to factory' before moving the device off the account, though.

• Apple tries to protect the device owner from having their product stolen and re-activated.
    If the owner doesn't take action then the device is a brick. You cant re-load IOS which requires a Desktop device running iTunes. I was gifted an Apple Watch and it was a brick to me until the giver located the owner of record with Apple and they released the device.

I'm not buying another App unless it has Apple Watch support... O-o-o IBassist from Luis Martinez is available? Here hold this stupid watch. I shouldn't know what time it is for a few hours or days.

• tjatja
    edited July 2018

@Telefunky said:
    yes, removing the iPad from his account is the proper way to do it.
    But that's in fact all that's required. The iPad will then present itself 'new and empty' for the new owner. What's left on the iPad will be erased during new activation.
    (at least that's how I understand the procedure)

I don´t think that this is true.
    You will also need to first logout from iCloud and then reset the iPad.

At least I would make this sure, if it would be my data :)

• edited July 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Apple tries to protect the device owner from having their product stolen and re-activated.
    If the owner doesn't take action then the device is a brick.

Afaik this only applies (at least applied) if 'locate my iPad' is active.
    I once sold an iPad with just disconnecting and wiping it to factory state.
    @tja of course the logout is required to properly 'close the case' for the previous owner.

• .> @Telefunky said:

@McDtracy said:
    Apple tries to protect the device owner from having their product stolen and re-activated.
    If the owner doesn't take action then the device is a brick.

Afaik this only applies (at least applied) if 'locate my iPad' is active.
    I once sold an iPad with just disconnecting and wiping it to factory state.

Excellent. It' just that "Find My Phone | iPad | Watch" that bricks the device. Good to know.
    If anyone ever steals my device I'll probably be glad to have that enabled so I might be able to determine where it ends up. I know Apple won't help you if you buy re-furb and it's turned on. They err on the side of protecting the registered owner because they didn't benefit from this after-market transaction.

• Well it all worked out fine folks. Thanks for the help. It’s an old one though, stuck on 9.3.5. Thankfully 90% of the stuff I wanted to try out is old anyways, Samplr, Animoog with the 4 track, synths, etc.