Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PreSonus Studio One

With all of the holiday app sales going on it's possible that people have overlooked the half-price sale on Studio One. The Artist, Producer, and Professional versions are all on sale. The sale runs through Cyber Monday.

For the past month or so I've been using the free version of Studio One while I've compared it to a trial of Reaper. When I saw the pro version of Studio One going for only $200 I had to jump. I've written roughly 150 songs that I'm gradually whittling down into a few hours of music. On a technical level I admit to being in water that's way above my head, but that's why I'm learning as much as I can here and elsewhere.

Anyway, right now I have I have to get back on the road soon, but you can google your way toward Studio One if you have any questions. Sweetwater is offering the same PreSonus sale, so that's one easy option. As one last comment, I recommend the free version of Studio One to any Auria user. The free version is obviously limited, but it's still a good supplement.

Comments