Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New MacBook Pros

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• With those prices the iPad Pro might very well become a replacement for laptops!

• Oh what? Finally 6 core and true tone screen. I hope much better keyboard (not sure).
    Didn´t expected it with a silent release and it seems then there will be no i9 until next year then and no 32GB RAM.
    It also seems the GPU is upgraded as well (but still not as good as in some windows 10 machines).
    At least the price is the same.
    So it seems in fall there will be focus on iOS devices only.

• @mAxjUlien said:
    Apple just low key refreshed the MacBook Pro lineup. Apparently, they are even more “pro” now. Moot for me. Just bought a new MBP last year and rarely ever open it because iPad Pro 10.5 and iOS.

The word "pro" has really changed its meaning in the last years - it once was a quality indicator, now it's more like a sub-par quality warning ;)
    Whatever freedom Apple give their designers, they should always offer at least one model that withstands professional operation and just works the way people want it to work, not broken and unergonomic keyboards, throttled cpu power, missing de-facto standard connectivity etc.

• Uuups....i see now there is an i9 version and up to 32GB RAM :open_mouth:
    But the price..... i want....but do i need? :#

• @rs2000 said:

@mAxjUlien said:
    Apple just low key refreshed the MacBook Pro lineup. Apparently, they are even more “pro” now. Moot for me. Just bought a new MBP last year and rarely ever open it because iPad Pro 10.5 and iOS.

The word "pro" has really changed its meaning in the last years - it once was a quality indicator, now it's more like a sub-par quality warning ;)
    Whatever freedom Apple give their designers, they should always offer at least one model that withstands professional operation and just works the way people want it to work, not broken and unergonomic keyboards, throttled cpu power, missing de-facto standard connectivity etc.

Yep.....so the iPads shouldn´t called pro either. :#

• The maxed out version with 4TB SSD.....only about €8000 lol.

• edited July 2018

Don’t worry, these ones are “more pro” :lol:

• Most interesting...70% more Alchemy tracks in Logic compared to the previous version which already is much better than my old machine. So maybe i would get 200% more Alchemy tracks.
    Damn...if that would not be so expensive. I just love Logic and 6 core/12 threads is what i really need for a lot tools i like.
    Normally the cpu upgrade was not worth it but now with i9 instead of i7 it might be.
    So i hope i can get these also for about €500 less from a third party seller in some month.
    I might get me one for Christmas then. But no way i could afford the 4TB.

• Wow, i am shocked by the prices (have never shopped for a new MacBook). somehow Apple seem to have missed the fact that they no longer have the monopoly on sexy, powerful laptops. I guess they think MacOS will keep customers paying ridiculous prices?

• @Hmtx said:
    Wow, i am shocked by the prices (have never shopped for a new MacBook). somehow Apple seem to have missed the fact that they no longer have the monopoly on sexy, powerful laptops. I guess they think MacOS will keep customers paying ridiculous prices?

Maybe but the others are not so much more cheaper anymore as well for the sum of it´s part and if it is still quality like my current macbook (not sure about this really now).
    Also i never used better trackpads and this is important for me as well. The touch bar is actually very good with Logic and Live and force touch is a nice extra as well. Most important i just can´t get warm with windows 10 and so i´m still willing to pay the bill....also for connectivity with my iPhone.
    I see more trouble since the design is not so good about the keyboard is crap and i really would miss the mag safe connection. USB-C is fine for me and thunderbolt 3 is welcome.
    I´m also worried about thermal throttle here.
    Hard to say what is true since there seems mostly just lovers or haters.
    So i see if some people using/testing these for music production instead of just crying all the hate out on you-tube to get clicks.

• @Cib said:
    I´m also worried about thermal throttle here.
    Hard to say what is true since there seems mostly just lovers or haters.

If you're usually far below the CPU limit you'll never notice.
    With certain CPU-hungry instruments and/or FX, this can become an issue however.
    The answer is very simple: The CPU will heat up and that has to be taken care of.
    You either have a good fan (which the older Macbooks had) to continue with full CPU load, or you reduce the clock frequency to limit the core temperature. If the CPU cannot process audio within a certain time frame (also depending on the latency buffer size), you'll get audio stuttering.
    I guess that we audio guys are exotic aliens that don't represent the majority of Mac users, so why should Apple even care.

• Just spec'd the one I'd like, 2.9ghz 6-core i9, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd = 3,689 squids, if you'll excuse me, now I turn to prostitution.

• @mister_rz said:
    Just spec'd the one I'd like, 2.9ghz 6-core i9, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd = 3,689 squids, if you'll excuse me, now I turn to prostitution.

Flipping heck, the cheapest 15” is £2,349! I think I paid about £1400 for mine, back in 2012. That’s some inflation rate.

• @mister_rz said:
    Just spec'd the one I'd like, 2.9ghz 6-core i9, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd = 3,689 squids, if you'll excuse me, now I turn to prostitution.

I would be happy with the same but only 512GB since i have enough extern space and also think it is not easy to back up 4TB and/or if it is damaged one day and it´s full of nice stuff you can´t get back.
    The current models were here up to €500 cheaper at a reseller....so i will wait this out if they not really update it again at the end of the year or the new iPad will be so amazing and NanoStudio 2 is there that i try it again.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Flipping heck, the cheapest 15” is £2,349! I think I paid about £1400 for mine, back in 2012. That’s some inflation rate.

I can't go back to the cheapest 15", not now, that's for the plebeians, I need something of the gravitas of my alligator skin cuban heels and this is perfect.

@Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

I would be happy with the same but only 512GB since i have enough extern space and also think it is not easy to back up 4TB and/or if it is damaged one day and it´s full of nice stuff you can´t get back.
    The current models were here up to €500 cheaper at a reseller....so i will wait this out if they not really update it again at the end of the year or the new iPad will be so amazing and NanoStudio 2 is there that i try it again.

I've nearly filled 500gb on my current mbp, without any libraries and such, if I got this, which will be next year, unless.... it would be my workhorse for about 6-8 years hopefully. Dropped my main 5tb backup drive on the floor, tripping over the lead, completely knackered, so I hear ya on the external backup solutions, had some things copied, but the large stuff:'(

I might wait for you to get yours, then buy it off you when the arm versions come out, just make sure to get the 1tb ssd option:)

• @Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

I reinvigorated my 2012 MBP with a £100 external SSD. Works like a charm.

• Mine is from 2013. Prices went from ridiculous to ludicrous. why in hell did they add that touch bar?, completely unnecessary and adds a lot to the cost.

• @mAxjUlien : Wow! New MacBook Oro and no Logic”? Interesting

• I'm kinda surprised Apple decided to keep the 3.5mm jack...
    But now we need dongles for everything else and Apple calls it 'More Pro' yeah right I will NOT get any of these...

• The keyboard is the main downside for me. Everything else is O.K........beside the price maybe too :)

• @Cib said:
    The keyboard is the main downside for me. Everything else is O.K........beside the price maybe too :)

What’s up with the keyboard?

• edited July 2018

Buying a a very high end Apple MacBook doesn’t seem a good idea since all will be replaced by completely new series with Apple’s custom cpu.
    It will be like G5 series with IBM’s cpu in the past. People bought them for a fortune and in less than 2 years their price was 1/3 of the original price (when Apple switched to intel cpu)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Korakios said:
    Buying a a very high end Apple MacBook doesn’t seem a good idea since all will be replaced by completely new series with Apple’s custom cpu.
    It will be like G5 series with IBM’s cpu in the past. People bought them for a fortune and in less than 2 years their price was 1/3 of the original price (when Apple switched to intel cpu)

I don´t think that will be soon. ARM are not there for these tasks yet.
    IPads are old the next year and also still can just handle a fraction of a 5 years old entree macbook pro.
    If i have to buy everything trough an apple store also i won´t bite.

• @Korakios said:

Is there any word on the street as to when they might start adding in their chips ?

• Also no one knows if they couldn´t find a way for a seamless and slow transition.
    There is already an ARM chip inside the macs.

• edited July 2018

@universe said:

@Korakios said:

Is there any word on the street as to when they might start adding in their chips ?

@Cib said:

@Korakios said:

IPads are old the next year and also still can just handle a fraction of a 5 years old entree macbook pro.

On 2020 :)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-02/apple-is-said-to-plan-move-from-intel-to-own-mac-chips-from-2020

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26771/ot-apple-will-make-its-own-chips-on-macs-not-intel-based#latest

• edited July 2018

@Korakios said:

@universe said:

@Korakios said:

@Cib said:

@Korakios said:

On 2020 :)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-02/apple-is-said-to-plan-move-from-intel-to-own-mac-chips-from-2020

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26771/ot-apple-will-make-its-own-chips-on-macs-not-intel-based#latest

Sure no facts yet......clickbait rumors as usual. As long as i can use my tools and they add 64GB RAM and 48cores i´m all in :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

I reinvigorated my 2012 MBP with a £100 external SSD. Works like a charm.

I was just looking at ssd's for my mbp, might put one in for now and get more ram, should be good for a few more years if my gpu doesn't melt the mainboard again.

• edited July 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @mAxjUlien : Wow! New MacBook Oro and no Logic”? Interesting

It is a hobby of mine to attempt to guess the next Logic release. I feel it has to be right around the corner as we had a GarageBand for Mac update about 2 weeks ago, and Logic had its 10.3.2 release on July 18 of last year, and they seem to have had a 3 to 4 month release cycle for the past couple years.