Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Stockholm by Reason

Comments

• @davis_korgrd said:
    @Peter321 said:

I would imagine, that if you often have the editor open on Lisbon, you are going to see much larger battery drains than if, for example, you mainly work in, say, Marseille.

Of course, staying away from expensive gadgets like Lisbon helps, but I feel like it's not really fair to say "oh don't use that thing you just bought because we made it too processor intensive" haha.

We've been talking about different solutions, but unfortunately it is a bit of an involved issue to fix so it'll take a little while :)

As for Files, it's really just a matter of it not getting properly scheduled. Obviously that's our problem, but I figured an excuse is better than silence. I actually looked at the implementation details today, so it's getting there.

How about iMS-20 as a Gadget and AU?

• Has anyone noticed that on the mixer channels when try to change the dial with a flick it doesn’t move up .1 anymore it moves up like .3 or .5 at most times.

• @AudioGus said:
    ...> @Rich303 said:
    >

One week left of the sale and Stockholm is still buggy.... lame.

1400$ for a studio apartment... lame. The pool looks sweet though.

You lost me there.

• @Rich303 said:

@AudioGus said:
    ...> @Rich303 said:
    >

You lost me there.

I think he is talking about Stockholm?!

• @david_2017 said:

@Rich303 said:

@AudioGus said:
    ...> @Rich303 said:
    >

You lost me there.

Long Island. I guess it is to be expected though. ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@david_2017 said:

@Rich303 said:

@AudioGus said:
    ...> @Rich303 said:
    >

You lost me there.

Long Island. I guess it is to be expected though. ;)

Yeah it’s fuckin’ ridiculous out here.

• I really dig Stockholm, thanks for your work and for stopping by this forum!

I mentioned on the official korg forum that assigning slices to the korg pads is a bit of a chore, especially if all you want to do is swap slices 1 and 2. It feels like it should be a a single drag and drop to swap locations, but now it's 3 fiddly steps with the tiny menus; assign pad 1 an unused slice, assign slice 1 to pad 2, assign slice 2 to pad 1.

World be good to have an edit vs performance mode, its easy to knock the slice name and bring up the menu mid drumming.

All the ideas other folk have had for gadget in general are great, the main thing for me is generic sample support for any sample based gadgets. Its frustrating to not be able to load samples into Marseilles, or one shot samples into the drum machines.

• I like stockholm because it has 8 loops ( arpeg and another features) but... i don’t have any rex file... so i don’t know if don’t buy it or exist some way to pass wav loops to rex loops? Would be great if i could use the library loop of garageband in gadget... i don’t want to spent more money buying rex file, actually exist a free way to get loops for stockholm? If i hadn’t to use a mac and could be directly from the ipad, much better

• hey matte, I saw your post on the Korg forums, but I guess I forgot to reply :grimace:

I've actually already implemented your suggestion with the performance mode for the pads, but I made a mistake about the update schedule so I'm not exactly sure when we'll be releasing that :'(

As for allowing duplicate slices, I'll need to rework the UI a bit, but it's definitely possible. I'll make an issue so I don't forget and see if I can't get around to it before the next update.

--

trrracker, you can find royalty-free rex files in this thread I believe, but to make a rex file from a PCM format you'll need either Reason or Recycle. It's something we wanted to support, but it didn't end up working out for a couple of reasons.
    I believe Garageband uses aac files for their loops? So you would have to go through the process of making those into rex files if you wanted to use them with Stockholm.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    hey matte, I saw your post on the Korg forums, but I guess I forgot to reply :grimace:

Cool! So you guys do keep track of that forum too!
    There's already plenty of good suggestions there already just waiting for implementation ;)
    (Some of them have been there for a couple of years already).

As for 'format support'. For example BM3 is able to save 'Apple Loops'(they are just AIFF-Files with embedded slice markers and tempo information). Another quite popular format is 'Acid *.wav' which AudioCopy uses!.

So in practice since AudioCopy is supported by Gadget a function could be added to it's *.wav import to parse thru the *.wav file for slices when imported into Stockholm, AbuDhabi or even Bilbao for automatic slicing to pads.

Hope these will make it to Gadget some day :)

• @Peter321 said:

@R_2 said:
    @davis_korgrd Since long sound-design sessions in particular have such an impact on battery and a fix might take a while. Is it possible for you to enable preset sharing between Gadget and standalone ODYSSEi and iMonoPoly? iM1 and iWavestation already do.

About Lisbon: have you tested freezing the background animation? Perhaps a ‘battery save’ option in settings for these kind of things is an idea. So users can choose.

+1

+1,000,000

• edited August 2018

i put together a tutorial on Stockholm here

I’m still learning the ins and outs. I’m particularly interested in the loop mangling/glitching aspects and I’ll continue to post anything I learn to the channel in addition to loads of other Gadget and IOS tutorials.

• edited August 2018

@davis_korgrd said:
    hey matte, I saw your post on the Korg forums, but I guess I forgot to reply :grimace:

I've actually already implemented your suggestion with the performance mode for the pads, but I made a mistake about the update schedule so I'm not exactly sure when we'll be releasing that :'(

As for allowing duplicate slices, I'll need to rework the UI a bit, but it's definitely possible. I'll make an issue so I don't forget and see if I can't get around to it before the next update.

--

trrracker, you can find royalty-free rex files in this thread I believe, but to make a rex file from a PCM format you'll need either Reason or Recycle. It's something we wanted to support, but it didn't end up working out for a couple of reasons.
    I believe Garageband uses aac files for their loops? So you would have to go through the process of making those into rex files if you wanted to use them with Stockholm.

Should we be holding our breath for an IOS recycle or some Rex making gadget in the near or distant future?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Should we be holding our breath for an IOS recycle or some Rex making gadget in the near or distant future?

We most likely will not be doing any sort of Rex file generation in Gadget, but I don't have any knowledge of Propellerhead's plans

• @davis_korgrd said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

We most likely will not be doing any sort of Rex file generation in Gadget, but I don't have any knowledge of Propellerhead's plans

Well many of us would plan to give them money if they did... same goes for other Reason machines, generators and or effects in Gadget. ;)

Sorry to be a troll but Stockholm needs a mod wheel.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Stockholm's UI is already quite crowded, so we decided that there wasn't really enough space to jam a mod wheel in there. However, the parameter is accessible as an automation parameter.

• @davis_korgrd said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Stockholm's UI is already quite crowded, so we decided that there wasn't really enough space to jam a mod wheel in there. However, the parameter is accessible as an automation parameter.

Call me crazy but there have been requests for gadgets to come with kaos pads. If you guys added a pop up pair of pads for scales and assignable CCs like we see in the standalone synths that would really satisfy a lot of people, switch users especially because they can’t use external controllers. I fancy the pads offered in Monopoly because you can set the chord polyphony and the scales/octave settings are very elegantly implemented.

• R_2R_2
    edited September 2018

Stumbled upon these CR-78 rex loops (and WAVs): http://www.boxedear.com/free.html

Also a R8mk2 and Tempest WAVs pack.
    Easier to import with Files support now.

• edited September 2018

@davis_korgrd said:

Well now we know, its released, and its great. Thanks!

Well now we know, that didn't make it, but great to know it's on your radar ;)

Re sources of rex loops in general, I found a scary amount here, pre-zipped, work great in audioshare, most of them are in both wav and rex, so you can quickly preview the wav in audioshare, and load the rex in stockholm. Use the search bar on the right, loads of free rex packs to grab:

https://rhythm-lab.com/

Been looking for an excuse to post this to the forums, this track is largely stockholm based.

Most of the loops are just 'copy loop to track', but the ride+hat pattern that starts around 17s is me 'live' drumming with the on-screen pads. Its _so _much fun.

Now that I know you're watching this thread, reckon Stockholm could get pressure support from the pads on a nanokey studio?

Again, love Gadget, love Stockholm. Keep up the great work!

-matt

• edited September 2018

Made a little video showing what I love stockholm for, live pad drumming. This is why the pad lock stuff and rapid sample location switching would be handy. :)

This text is in the youtube description so you can understand whats going on here:

Quick demo of pad drumming. I watched a few Stro Elliot videos about his pad drumming style, it works great with Stockholm. I reorder the sounds so the kick, snare, hat are next to each other, then play the main beat with the right hand; index finger doing kick and snare, ring finger keeping time with the hat.

The left hand then does ghost notes, in between stuff, can make a straight beat sound more interesting and alive. Working this way I can live play in 8 bars of variations in the time it used to take me to step sequence in a single bar!

Also important to turn the amp sustain and release sliders up all the way to stop the samples being choked too early.

• @R_2 said:
    Stumbled upon these CR-78 rex loops (and WAVs): http://www.boxedear.com/free.html

Also a R8mk2 and Tempest WAVs pack.
    Easier to import with Files support now.

Cool. Thanks!

• necrobump...

Can you import wav loops into Stockholm or just Rex files?

• Check out GlitchBreaks if you haven’t seen it already.

• sometimes there are some rexfiles that dont work or only work occasionaly. also some patterns dont play right. im using an ipad pro... now one of my songs is broken. anyone else having quite a few issues with bugs?

• edited May 2020

Hello.....denizens of Stockholm. Just did a drive by with a whole fist of Rex2s in my Dropbox, feeling pretty flush, but when I tried to open the door all the files I was hoping to import were grayed out. Feel liked I've been turned down by the co-op board.

Presuming it needs something other than REX2s....any tips from you talented locals?

SOLVED: By way of @thesoundtestroom and

because I was doing it all wrong and Sir Doug helped me see the error of my ways, as he has so many times before...

• OK. Next question :)

@R_2 Is there a way at this point in history to preview the REX files in Stockholm (or before) other than loading them in to the little slots of Stockholm itself and then listening to them one by one by tedious one?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    OK. Next question :)

@R_2 Is there a way at this point in history to preview the REX files in Stockholm (or before) other than loading them in to the little slots of Stockholm itself and then listening to them one by one by tedious one?

• @Samu said:

Thank you Captain....I was looking in the wrong spots (again :)....