Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playback in Audiobus

I am having trouble pressing the Play button on one app inside of Audiobus, and having more than one app start playing.

For example, right now I have Music Studio set up as an input, and Loopy set up as an output. I record a loop. That works fine. Then I press the Play button for Loopy inside Audiobus. The Loopy loop starts playing, but with a small delay, the Music Studio loop starts playing.

Is this normal behavior, or a setting that I need to change to control it?

Thanks for any help with this.

Comments

• Does Music Studio have Link?

What happens if you press the main Audiobus play button instead?

• Maybe also Loopy sends midi clock to Music Studio ?

• You "clock sync" settings may be something to look at.

• You probably wanna turn off Link Start Stop Sync inside Audiobus

• Thanks! Turning off the Sync Start Stop in the Link settings in Audiobus did solve the problem.

But being paranoid :| I wonder if I can safely leave it off, or if it should only be off for this application, etc.?

I would appreciate hearing anyone's opinion of whether to leave this off for other apps, or only for this one?

• It depends on the apps you use. You can leave it on and disable Link’s start stop in Loopy settings instead ;)

I don’t know about Music Studio settings...

• Oops. A little more.

After making the change above, (turning off the Link Start/Stop Sync), I can press Play on the Loopy controls inside of Audiobus, and only Loopy plays.

But if I press Play on the AudioBus controls, both apps play. This creates chaos. The input app (Music Studio) plays first, and then a second later, the Output App (Loopy) starts to play. Is that normal/what we want/controllable?

• edited July 2018

To continue helping you must check first if Music Studio has Link or not ;)

• Sorry, I thought I had done that. There is mention of IAA and Audiobus in the manual, but no mention of Link, and no control in Setup for it.

• What options Music Studio has for sync ?
    Although it should work . Pressing play in AB should start all apps. But in sync .
    Check in Audiobus sync settings if IAA sync is enabled .