Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Wife’s Book is Live (you should buy one for yourself)

edited July 2018 in Other

Also makes great gift. Trust me it’s an amazing story, full of amazing stories.

Comments

• @Littlewoodg What is it? What's it about? How is it? How long did it take her? Are you in it? Is it your fault? Is it dedicated to you? Are you proud of her? Did she wake up very early? Get grumpy? Get elevated? Is she happy? Is it what she wanted? Is she done or just begun? Tell us things! Is it universal?

• Cool, congratulations! I will look for it next time I'm in a book store.

• Is it AUv3?

• Amazon describes the book in this way:

Leslie Schwartz's powerful, skillfully woven memoir of redemption and reading, as told through the list of books she read as she served a 90 day jail sentence.

In 2014, novelist Leslie Schwartz was sentenced to 90 days in Los Angeles County Jail for a DUI and battery of an officer. It was the most harrowing and holy experience of her life.

Following a 414-day relapse into alcohol and drug addiction after more than a decade clean and sober, Schwartz was sentenced and served her time with only six months' sobriety. The damage she inflicted that year upon her friends, her husband, her teenage daughter, and herself was nearly impossible to fathom. Incarceration might have ruined her altogether, if not for the stories that sustained her while she was behind bars - both the artful tales in the books she read while there, and, more immediately, the stories of her fellow inmates. With classics like Edith Wharton's Ethan Frome to contemporary accounts like Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken, Schwartz's reading list is woven together with visceral recollections of both her daily humiliations and small triumphs within the county jail system. Through the stories of others - whether rendered on the page or whispered in a jail cell - she learned powerful lessons about how to banish shame, use guilt for good, level her grief, and find the lost joy and magic of her astonishing life.

Told in vivid, unforgettable prose, The Lost Chapters uncovers the nature of shame, rage, and love, and how instruments of change and redemption come from the unlikeliest of places.

I'm thankful I never became an alcoholic but I have the genes for it and deserved a DUI many times as a young working musician. I drank for a living.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmmm. Actually that sounds very close to home. Will certainly have a read....

• edited July 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Littlewoodg What is it? What's it about? How is it? How long did it take her? Are you in it? Is it your fault? Is it dedicated to you? Are you proud of her? Did she wake up very early? Get grumpy? Get elevated? Is she happy? Is it what she wanted? Is she done or just begun? Tell us things! Is it universal?

Thank you for your thoughtful questions my friend

I didn’t see these till after @McDtracy kindly posted the publishers blurb, which provides some answers.
    Not sure where to start on the questions that remain. Took about 8 months to draft, 2 years from start, though sale, editorial, to printing. I’m in it, a little. It’s not my fault, though I made many many many grievous mistakes. Im included in the dedication which is: “To my family”. Yep, I’m proud of her. She did get up early to get it done, 330-4a every morning. She definitely got both grumpy and elevated, if I take your meaning. She isn’t always happy but she always has joy. (I’ll ask her if it’s what she wanted, and if she’s done or just begun- though if asked in terms of writing, she’s a “can’t not write” type of writer.) And yes, I’d say universal: even if we don’t all “tarry by the wine” [or vodka, or] we all know someone who does.

Thanks @McDtracy @mrufino1 @Dawdles and @ruggedsmooth

• Congrats to your wife, and yourself @Littlewoodg

Quite a mountain climbed.

• edited July 2018

@Jocphone said:
    Congrats to your wife, and yourself @Littlewoodg

In this context your avatar made me smile!

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Jocphone said:

In this context your avatar made me smile!

Ha, yes. Sorry about that 🧐

• Congrats to your wife @Littlewoodg . Sounds like an interesting book.

• @Littlewoodg said:

Also makes great gift. Trust me it’s an amazing story, full of amazing stories.

Congratulations to your wife LD.

Sounds like you’ve all been through a bit of a time of it, good to hear things are better now.

• Congrats! That’s some prime shelf space. Hope to see it in one of the bookstores near me.

• Many congratulations. Looking forward to having a read and instantly attracted to a story like this. What an achievement.

• edited July 2018

Thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000, @MonzoPro, @DCJ, @Bluepunk for the good vibes

• An Audible edition is also coming.

About the Author (from the Amazon page for this book)
    Leslie Schwartz is the author of two literary novels, Jumping the Green, winner of the James Jones Literary Society Award for Best First Novel and Angels Crest. In addition to her novels, Schwartz has published short stories, articles, essays and book reviews in The Los Angeles Times, Poets & Writers, Teachers & Writers, Sonora Review, and the online journal Narratively Speaking. A past president of the board of directors for PEN USA, she has taught writing at UCLA Extension, the University of Iowa's Summer Writing Festival,
    Vroman's Ed, and Homeboy Industries. Schwartz lives in Los Angeles.

The Reviews are coming in for the book (again from Amazon's Page on the book).
    This looks like an important book. It's her third book coming after 2 Novels.

Editorial Reviews
    Praise for Leslie Schwartz "The Lost Chapters":

"The author’s heartfelt story of self-acceptance and redemption will captivate readers with its honesty, vulnerability, and array of memorable characters.”
    —Publishers Weekly (starred review)

“What an incredible book. Leslie Schwartz's story would be a page turner on its own, but she's also crafted an elegant tribute to literature and all its transcendent powers. The Lost Chapters is honest, erudite, and infused with just the right proportions of shock, awe, humor and grace. I read it with unceasing admiration and haven't stopped thinking about it since.”
    —Meghan Daum, author of The Unspeakable

“A deeply affecting memoir of incarceration. How large a finite piece of time can be, and what infinities are contained within it. Schwartz’s relationships in jail were the most moving parts of the book, revealing the deeper tragedy—how our system of incarcerating poor and non-white people has robbed the world of these defiant, beautiful and wild spirits. Schwartz has produced a real life-changer of a book. This is time more than served, it’s time redeemed.”
    —Janet Fitch, author of White Oleander and The Revolution of Marina M.

"It is not likely that you have read a memoir like this before. Rich in grace, vividly written and it ushers us all into a re-thinking of transformation, shame, and the glorious connective tissue of our shared humanity. The weaving of literature and the wisdom of the trustworthy guides at the margins will alter your heart and restore you to the exquisite mutuality possible for us all."
    —Greg Boyle, author of Tattoos on the Heart and Barking to the Choir

"Brave, bold, honest, raw -- this book cracks open conversations about addiction and incarceration and, in just 247 pages, makes them infinitely more complex. Aided by the 21 books she read during six weeks in county jail, Leslie Schwartz dives deep beneath the facts of her story to bring back nuggets of wisdom and insight. This isn't just a story of hardship; it's also a story of atonement, transcendence and grace, and of a passionate love for words. Scenes from this book will burrow in and stay with you for a long, long time."
    —Hope Edelman, author of Motherless Daughters and The Possibility of Everything

"An absorbing, emotionally raw memoir."
    —Kirkus

"Leslie Schwartz has documented the ups and downs of life with an IOS addicted music maker. A harrowing tale but a sobering message of redemption for all spouses of IOS Music addicts."
    -- McDTracy

• Getting a Thing - and a Thing of that magnitude - out into the world is Huge. Congratulations all-round!

I see that the title releases July 10 within iBooks - does one format (digital vs physical) benefit your family more than the other?

• edited July 2018

@Proppa said:
    Getting a Thing - and a Thing of that magnitude - out into the world is Huge. Congratulations all-round!

I see that the title releases July 10 within iBooks - does one format (digital vs physical) benefit your family more than the other?

What a cool question. Analog, definitely

Thanks for once again helping spread the word @McDtracy and for adding your blurb to the pile :)

• Congrats, you must be very proud!

• @Arpseechord said:
    Congrats, you must be very proud!

Thanks!
    I am indeed a proud husband

• Just curious... how many copies need to be sold for there to be a second printing of the book?

https://amazon.com/Lost-Chapters-Finding-Recovery-Renewal/dp/0525534636/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1531089215&sr=1-1

I'm hoping she gets "Movie Option" offers. It's got all the right elements for a compelling story in this era:

"[The Reading list] is woven together with visceral recollections of both her daily humiliations and small triumphs within the county jail system. Through the stories of others - whether rendered on the page or whispered in a jail cell - she learned powerful lessons about how to banish shame, use guilt for good, level her grief, and find the lost joy and magic of her astonishing life."

• Sounds like an interesting and very candid read, my partner and her little sister have a book reading club, so I'll grab the hardcover for the august read.

• @mister_rz said:
    Sounds like an interesting and very candid read, my partner and her little sister have a book reading club, so I'll grab the hardcover for the august read.

Many thanks, book clubs rule, and this is a great club choice if I do say so myself

@McDtracy movie-offer-wise: from your lips to God’s ear!

• After seeing the description that was posted, I'm definitely going to get this book. I am a social worker and love to get a little bit of understanding of people's first person perspectives on events.

• @mrufino1 thank you! Tell your friends...

in your work I bet you’ve got some personal perspectives on events

• @Jocphone said:

What he said.

Also, 100 partner points for posting it here. Only valuable if you get them from her, of course. Have an Amazon affiliate link we should you so that you might prove your support? :)

• @syrupcore said:

@Jocphone said:

What he said.

Also, 100 partner points for posting it here. Only valuable if you get them from her, of course. Have an Amazon affiliate link we should you so that you might prove your support? :)

No link :)
    I’ve been showing her what folks are saying here, it’s been her introduction to our virtual community...I can tell she’s charmed and moved by the support.

• Wow! I'm going to order it. Sounds extraordinary...maybe not so extra to some of us.

• edited July 2018

@kinkujin said:
    Wow! I'm going to order it. Sounds extraordinary...maybe not so extra to some of us.

Many thanks. And well said.