Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TURGET SHORE/A SAX TSUNAMI

Hi, this piece was improvised using Mideast Drummer, Thor, iM1 and Sensual Sax (in polyphonic mode). All juiced thru Audiobus and recorded in Cubasis.
My first adventure in automation, controlling the Thor drone and multisax volumes using the write function in the mixer. A first for me. It is in keeping with my concept of fusing jazz with middle eastern rhythms. This time in 3. Advice and comments always welcome!

Comments

• I really like this one. The Mideast Drummer sounds very live and well recorded by Luis.
    Sensual Sax is great solo usually but this polyphonic mode sounds pretty damn good too.
    I read that with Polyphonic mode you loose the legato capability but for this music I didn't miss it. It's like a tight tonguin' sax section.

Thor's drone is working for me too. So many Apps I want to own.

The improvised chordal solo has really crisp articulations... starting and stopping notes perfectly in time with the drums. I really love tight playing. I can't hear a note I'd edit for starts or ends. Did you quantize anything or pull that off live? Great concentration if it's live and if it's quantized you'd still have to be very close to the notes on the live work to get it to sound like that.

• Thanks, McD for the kind words. Nope, no quantizing. Just one of those times when the lessons I learned from my teacher worked. I'm proud of it, but the me that is talking to you and feeling self satisfied wasn't really even there.

I am a great fan of Thor as you know. It would be my desert island synth (so far. Still waiting for the SM1 update). Luis Martinez is inspirational. Just wish I understood more how it works at the more creative levels. I thought Sensual Sax was just a mono instrument! Pushed a slider and lo and behold, a polyphonic Polyphemus. A green one eyed monster. I chuckled that you can change the "sex" knob to the "Love" knob. If it were only that easy! But I just got Thumbjam and the sax on that sounds damn good, Keep your hands in your pockets is all I can advise. Best.

• That sax is sounding pretty awesome. You have done a nice job of dialing in the sound you are after, and your playing of the Virtual instrument is getting really good.

I like the feel of this track. Seems all dark and mysterious to me, but not in a threatening sort of way. You have been cranking out some really cool tracks, @LinearLineman .
    Keep on crankin’ bud! B)

• Thanks, for the praise @Cracklepot. I really recommend Sensual Sax by Embertone ($5). I think made by the same folks who created the incredible NI Kontakt libraries. The sax in Thumbjam sounds pretty realistic, too. Getting good solo strings, horns and reeds instruments in iOS seemspretty rare. The best I have found are in Thumbjam ($8.99). Don't know how they did it. Thanks for the rec.

• @Cracklepot. I think the Thor drone adds that dark effect you mention. Otherwise it is pretty straight ahead modal jazz.

• Is the sax a virtual instrument? Bravo!

• Yes, @theconnactic. Sensual Sax... The best five bucks I ever spent! Except on 42nd street that one time....