Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My first iPad jam (not a real track i would say) after some time

So today i had time to test my new iPad and i was inspired by a preset in Synth One.
It´s a bit chaotic since i triggered all live from the virtual keys and just recorded the output in Logic (but no external FX or other fancy stuff so you just hear the iPad sound here) and more a improvised jam (but most of my tracks i ever made are).
I think if i get more used to it i can get some nice sounds out of it.
Here a first jam with Synth One, Zeeon, Model D and a bit Alchemy from GarageBand iOS.

Comments

• Nice improv man. Add that percussion and it's done haha, I'm a sucker for drums... But deff digging it

• edited June 2018

@reasOne said:
    Nice improv man. Add that percussion and it's done haha, I'm a sucker for drums... But deff digging it

Normally i would add drums and percussions.
    Next time i make a full track and use the Seaboard :)

• @Cib said:

@reasOne said:
    Nice improv man. Add that percussion and it's done haha, I'm a sucker for drums... But deff digging it

Normally i would add drums and percussions.
    Next time i make a full track and use the Seaboard :)

Man I love the seaboard with synth one, really great integration

• @Cib said:
    Here a first jam...

Not bad for the first jam, nice... 🎶🎶🎶🎶👍

• I almost passed on listening when you said "It's a bit chaotic." Glad I didn't... this is right down my alley. No dance drums which I have never loved being a drummer by trade. The TB-303 changed our world. Taking a walk yesterday a truck came by and that subsonic resonant bass filled my world. Anyway...

This effort made me think of Suzanne Ciani's Buchla created compositions from the 90's.
    I grabbed my headphones to see if it gave me that relaxation release her music did and it does. Not sure there's a huge audience for this music but I suspect it's untapped... so much better than most New Age piano "cloud" ramblings that many people use to create atmosphere.

One more EDM drum dig... those quarter note bass drums always sound like High Scholl Marching bands. That Bass drummer was the time keeper for musicians spread across 100 yards of sound.

Anyway I continued to play more of your catalog on SoundCloud. Great headspace music.
    I should use Logic more but having a DAW with battery power is pretty liberating too.

• @McDtracy said:
    I almost passed on listening when you said "It's a bit chaotic." Glad I didn't... this is right down my alley. No dance drums which I have never loved being a drummer by trade. The TB-303 changed our world. Taking a walk yesterday a truck came by and that subsonic resonant bass filled my world. Anyway...

This effort made me think of Suzanne Ciani's Buchla created compositions from the 90's.
    I grabbed my headphones to see if it gave me that relaxation release her music did and it does. Not sure there's a huge audience for this music but I suspect it's untapped... so much better than most New Age piano "cloud" ramblings that many people use to create atmosphere.

One more EDM drum dig... those quarter note bass drums always sound like High Scholl Marching bands. That Bass drummer was the time keeper for musicians spread across 100 yards of sound.

Anyway I continued to play more of your catalog on SoundCloud. Great headspace music.
    I should use Logic more but having a DAW with battery power is pretty liberating too.

Thank´s. I love those soundscapes. Maybe it took me about a year to create tons of multi-stacked instruments (a bit like LayR on steroids if you want) within Logic. But then i can take now these playable soundscapes and just need 4-6 tracks for a whole song...sometime i perform a whole track with one of these live played.
    It´s hard to do that with iOS only since even the iPad Pro 10.5 i got now struggle with several heavy apps and FX at the same time. Also the FX are just not there i need for this. I really miss the immersive and more "meaty" but clear and detailed sound i can get out of my mac.
    However, there are some unique apps and i think the best thing is to integrate that now in my workflow.
    A reason i called me Cinebient is that it is actually the genre i feel i like to create the most....a mixture out of cinematic landscapes and ambient dreamy or dark stuff. I also like to do some atmospheric electronic and even some crappy EDM :)
    I also really love to use a mixture out of electronic and acoustic elements.
    There aren´t really much real tracks on soundcloud since i have them all on Logamp.
    Soundcloud is more for demos and synth jamming.

• Logamp? I'll check that out. Unlimited free storage... how do these sites make money?

• That’s a beautiful track, my friend. And how much are you enjoying your new iPad?

• @McDtracy said:
    Logamp? I'll check that out. Unlimited free storage... how do these sites make money?

Not sure...soundcloud was great once years ago and i liked the groups they removed for crazy reasons. I even created one of the biggest groups for iOS called iOS music productions. But then soundcloud gone mad and i cancelled my pro account when they go more into a facebook like thing.

• edited July 2018

@brice said:
    That’s a beautiful track, my friend. And how much are you enjoying your new iPad?

Thank´s! I´m not sure right now what to do with it. I think i like the macbook workflow much more still and i really need Logic and my plug-ins mostly for the kind of sounds i´m after but i also had a lot fun with the iPad and the Logic remote app f.e.
    Then i still have to unbox the pencil to test if i like to use it as well.
    So far the iPad Pro feels great but it´s a bit uncomfortable to use compared to a notebook. I have trouble with my back (and a lot other things) and i prefer to lay a notebook on my legs and then don´t have to look down too much....not good for the neck as well. I´m getting old :)
    I made a stress test and i wished it could run a bit more but it´s O.K. for such a small device.
    The screen is brilliant and a joy to use and the 120Hz looks nice too of course.
    But i also have these crackles often when using several apps and switching between them. Not good in a live session.
    Maybe the biggest problem is that there is no DAW i really find nice to use yet.
    I have BM3, Cubasis 2 and Auria tested so far (since i own them since years when i had my old iPad).
    Cubasis is the best so far. Of course Garage Band is there too and i really like using Alchemy again here since there isn´t so much page switching/scrolling like on my iPhone.
    I do wish NanoStudio 2 would be there since it´s my most awaited app and i still think the only iOS DAW i really want to use to put tracks together on my iPad.
    I still have 1 1/2 weeks to test. I´m not sure really yet if it´s the right thing for me. Playing on the virtual keys isn´t really fun and harder to not hit wrong notes.
    I also have to download some more of my apps to see what will shine.

• well done B)
    not that it reminds me on the guy musically, but overall it's like a full J.M. Jarre setup in your pocket, amazing.... o:)

• Really well done. I like the synth brass coming in at 2:00. How did you wind up connecting your ipad @Cib ?

• edited July 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    Really well done. I like the synth brass coming in at 2:00. How did you wind up connecting your ipad @Cib ?

I just used the usb to lightning cable and used the iPad as audio input device.
    Just started an iPad apps and mac hybrid. Really like to combine it.
    The synth brass is Model D. Nothing does better brass on iOS and even on mac there is just one better for me.
    I might try to connect my iPhone and iPad at the same time next.
    Great thing is when i connect my macbook pro to power and connect iPhone and iPad to it via usb, they all get powered and i have a really nice ane versatile set-up.
    Only let down is really the problem with drops outs when i switch GUI between apps.
    As synth module and controller it is really very nice!

• Well good luck with it. I am glad it all worked out and you are happy! @Cib . Good sounds so far!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well good luck with it. I am glad it all worked out and you are happy! @Cib . Good sounds so far!

Thx! I must say i am suprised how great the speakers sound. Better than on my big macbook pro. Also nice that the iPad drives my good DT990 Pro 250Ohm headphones pretty loud and well. Not as good as the mac but much better than the iPhone.
    Also while i downloaded most of my music apps i forgot how much iPad synths i own...must be about 50.
    Bad thing is that half the space is already gone :O

• Really like this. I wouldn't say it's chaotic at all! Just a lovely tapestry of melodic lines weaving around each other....