Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi recorder/sequencer to use in AUM

2»

Comments

• @ageezz said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Korakios said:
    Must ask , what advantage an AU sequencer would have over a standalone version ?

Actually the main function I’m looking for is midi record my real time bass Lines/chords so be nice to have a small app I could wack on a track in AUM to record. Just place it on the node.

I would pay good money for an AU3 single track piano roll midi rec/player for AUM. Perhaps we should crowdfund a dev to build one😃!!

Hihi, I have a feeling the genius developer of AUM will add midi record at some point via node... I wonder if instant midi playback would be possible after you record? That would be perfection! If not we will need to crowd fund man 💰

• @[Deleted User] said:

@ageezz said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Korakios said:
    Must ask , what advantage an AU sequencer would have over a standalone version ?

Actually the main function I’m looking for is midi record my real time bass Lines/chords so be nice to have a small app I could wack on a track in AUM to record. Just place it on the node.

I would pay good money for an AU3 single track piano roll midi rec/player for AUM. Perhaps we should crowdfund a dev to build one😃!!

Hihi, I have a feeling the genius developer of AUM will add midi record at some point via node... I wonder if instant midi playback would be possible after you record? That would be perfection! If not we will need to crowd fund man 💰

Maybe you are right - this thread on the Kymatica forum is of interest;

http://kymatica.com/forum/index.php/topic,393.0.html

• edited June 2018

Yep it’s looking possible at least for midi record, I assume you would have to import the recorded midi file back into AUM for it to play.

• edited June 2018

For now I bought xequence so I can record midi and to use its other functions of course. Looks really good actually. Still thinking about infinite looper also.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    For now I bought xequence so I can record midi without a DAW. Looks really good actually.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get Xequence to start recording when another app is in front.

• @espiegel123 not currently, but there's something cooking that will get this (and lots of other issues) sorted soonish. :)

• @[Deleted User] said:
    For now I bought xequence so I can record midi and to use its other functions of course. Looks really good actually. Still thinking about infinite looper also.

Excellent app, that Xequence! B)

@SevenSystems said:
    @espiegel123 not currently, but there's something cooking that will get this (and lots of other issues) sorted soonish. :)

Been missing you around here! How have you been? Busy, no doubt.
    Can’t wait to buy your new game, whatever it is. ;)
    I have the Dream Forge app and the IAP, and I really like it. I would buy anything you put out at this point, just to keep your new developments coming. B)

• edited June 2018

@CracklePot haha, thanks for that! The game has actually just arrived in the App Store, but it's still lingering around in the dark (and free) before I can get the advertising guns ready :) And DreamForge, hehe... that app is stone old now, from 2014, but yeah, there's still a few people getting it... I actually always loved the very, very old, but groundbreaking demo scene demo "Luminati", way back from 1995 or so... any demo scener will probably notice that :)

And yeah, right now refurbishing my IDE and dev toolchain a bit (it hasn't seen a major overhaul since 2010), and then Xequence!

• A single track MIDI looper would be an incredibly useful AU. Syncs to host and smart enough to extend or trim the recording to the nearest bar when you hit stop. Then, automatically plays back in time. Basic facilities to clear the recording, etc. Not sure AUM has the best setup for something like this to work fluidly but with a little routing work up front, it'd work fine.

• @syrupcore said:
    A single track MIDI looper would be an incredibly useful AU. Syncs to host and smart enough to extend or trim the recording to the nearest bar when you hit stop. Then, automatically plays back in time. Basic facilities to clear the recording, etc. Not sure AUM has the best setup for something like this to work fluidly but with a little routing work up front, it'd work fine.

Amen to that! 🙏

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Infinite looper or aleph looper maybe

I say avoid Infinite looper... It's a crash bonanza...

• @Drümünkey said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Really! Mmmmm thanks for the intel. Glad I got xequence first then.

• @Drümünkey said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Not my experience, and the first time I remember ever heard someone say that. Odd.

Of course, I don’t host IAAs in it or use the internal sounds. I only use it to send midi to AUM and host everything there.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    @Halftone said:

Xequence

Turns out xequence and infinite looper are the closest apps to what I want as far as I can tell, I can’t find anything in the Auv3 world. Thanks !

If you're willing to break out of AU, then I 100% recommend Genome.

People seem to have forgotten it, but it's just about the best performance oriented midi sequencer on iOS...

You can record into the "cells", turn the cells on and off, set up songs/sections, record/draw automation, funky time sigs and beat divisions, non-destructive quantize/groove/swing...

The only damn thing it's missing is the ability to have a midi binding/learn for record!

If it had that it would be THE hands down, best midi looping solution regardless of platform.

• @wim said:

@Drümünkey said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Not my experience, and the first time I remember ever heard someone say that. Odd.

Of course, I don’t host IAAs in it or use the internal sounds. I only use it to send midi to AUM and host everything there.

I really tried to get it to work, but had to give up after wasting like 1.5 days fiddling with it.

I was trying to use it as a looper for my Nord Drum 2...

Midi notes to/from ND2
    Behringer FCB as foot control to handle looping functions

Would crash, on average like every 10 minutes.

And latency/clock stability is poor as well.

I'd record midi out from a drum machine, into IL, then back out to drum machine (with local control off).
    Flam city...
    Other midi sequencer that were not loopers, but that I coudl record to, like Genome, would only have a fraction of the latency.

Also ran into issues where you'd delete all the cells in a track, but it would keep playing mysterious midi notes that didn't exist.

i reported all this Patrick so I now he knows, and he said he's working on fixing things as well as some other big project.

So if you do try IL, and run into issues, I'd say let him know so he can hammer it out. It has the potential to be just about perfect and woudl save me the money of having to buy this damn thing:

http://www.future-artist.com/

Like $300!!!

But so tempting for the simplicity...

• @wim said:

@Drümünkey said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Does it sync to host midi clock? Can you by any chance multi track record midi? I’m not interested in using it as a host or using internal sounds , like you I would use AUM as the host.

• edited June 2018

@Drümünkey said:

@wim said:

@Drümünkey said:

@BiancaNeve said:

I really tried to get it to work, but had to give up after wasting like 1.5 days fiddling with it.

I was trying to use it as a looper for my Nord Drum 2...

Midi notes to/from ND2
    Behringer FCB as foot control to handle looping functions

Would crash, on average like every 10 minutes.

And latency/clock stability is poor as well.

I'd record midi out from a drum machine, into IL, then back out to drum machine (with local control off).
    Flam city...
    Other midi sequencer that were not loopers, but that I coudl record to, like Genome, would only have a fraction of the latency.

Also ran into issues where you'd delete all the cells in a track, but it would keep playing mysterious midi notes that didn't exist.

i reported all this Patrick so I now he knows, and he said he's working on fixing things as well as some other big project.

So if you do try IL, and run into issues, I'd say let him know so he can hammer it out. It has the potential to be just about perfect and woudl save me the money of having to buy this damn thing:

http://www.future-artist.com/

Like $300!!!

But so tempting for the simplicity...

I have a nord drum 2! I use it with ableton and a M4L device for midi parameters control.

That midi box looks awesome! 🤤

One thing I can’t deal with is latency on midi or audio. It’s one of my highest priorities when buying something.

• @wim said:

@Drümünkey said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Not my experience either. Though I also only use it for MIDI too (no hosting, etc).

One track of infinite as an AU would pretty much perfect.

• @SevenSystems said:
    @espiegel123 not currently, but there's something cooking that will get this (and lots of other issues) sorted soonish. :)

Great news! And a great app!