Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bibblivarium by Horse Gas

I've added a new album to my Bandcamp page. Pretty much 100% iOS, a few tracks submitted to SOTM club, lots of silly noises and bleeps:

https://horsegas.bandcamp.com/album/bibblivarium

Comments

• Man, only listened to the first track but wow, digging this. Amazing work. Now back to listening

• Brilliant.

Entropic sounds like a bath full of heavy oil trying to escape down a plug hole that is covered in smegma'd hair.

Sheltr. Mutant Silver Machine into..... a waiting room before entering The Dentist. He dances as he drills deep into gum.

Brilliant. :)

• ‘Mars Base’ sounds wide as a football field, and like the soundtrack of a movie I should watch. Fellow RTM India Tate was also intrigued by the strange voices. Then there is the sheer menace of ‘Entropic Depletion’. Like someone trying to escape from an alien Gitmo.

Altogether, an accomplished disturbance in the Force! Bravo, Mr Monzo.

• @Dchild said:
    Man, only listened to the first track but wow, digging this. Amazing work. Now back to listening

That’s very kind, thank you for listening.

@Bluepunk said:
    Brilliant.

Entropic sounds like a bath full of heavy oil trying to escape down a plug hole that is covered in smegma'd hair.

Sheltr. Mutant Silver Machine into..... a waiting room before entering The Dentist. He dances as he drills deep into gum.

Do you know, that’s exactly the feel I was going for!

• @Zen210507 said:
    ‘Mars Base’ sounds wide as a football field, and like the soundtrack of a movie I should watch. Fellow RTM India Tate was also intrigued by the strange voices. Then there is the sheer menace of ‘Entropic Depletion’. Like someone trying to escape from an alien Gitmo.

Altogether, an accomplished disturbance in the Force! Bravo, Mr Monzo.

Cheers Mr Zen!

Most of these were gathered from live AUM jams, and then stitched together very quickly in Soundforge. I don’t think there’s much DAW action going on, maybe a touch in Auria, so it’s all very random. A bit like me I guess!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    nice work @MonzoPro

Thank you!

• Cool man, always a big fan of your tasty surreal future scapes :)

• @AudioGus said:
    Cool man, always a big fan of your tasty surreal future scapes :)

Thanks Gus!

• Very cool, Monzo! Congrats!

• Wild and crazy and good after a couple of tracks....listen more later...

• @theconnactic said:
    Very cool, Monzo! Congrats!

@TozBourne said:
    Wild and crazy and good after a couple of tracks....listen more later...

Thanks both :)

• Like it. Sheltr really sounds like a Thom side project, keep expect him to come in all high-pitched and anguished etc. Do admire your rhythm Doctor.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Like it. Sheltr really sounds like a Thom side project, keep expect him to come in all high-pitched and anguished etc. Do admire your rhythm Doctor.

Thanks Boss! Yeah is a bit Thom that one, come to think of it.

The drummer in the band I’m in has taken a bit of interest in it (it’s my ‘solo project’), so we might rework some of the tracks and add real drums, keyboards and vocals at some point, or they may even end up as full band tracks.

I had a lot of fun doing them, I think Rozeta played a fairly major role in many of them.

• I like it when the chaos sounds organized. You have a good line in that...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I like it when the chaos sounds organized. You have a good line in that...

Organised chaos - yeah that’s me!

• Are you touring Wales with this band? Dates, venues?

• This is really fkn dope man ! Good work

• Yep, grooving to this. 👍

• Great stuff Monzo, wide variety of trippy sounds.
    Also congrats on finishing a whole album.

• @reasOne said:
    This is really fkn dope man ! Good work

@gusgranite said:
    Yep, grooving to this. 👍

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback :)

@1nsomniak said:
    Great stuff Monzo, wide variety of trippy sounds.
    Also congrats on finishing a whole album.

Thank you! I find the iPad very productive for making this type of stuff, so I’ve probably got a couple more albums worth I can upload. Bandcamp’s a good incentive to get things finished.

• @Bluepunk said:
    Are you touring Wales with this band? Dates, venues?

The band I’m in will be, not the Horse Gas stuff though. The band’s a big, noisy, complicated thing. Kind of Pink Floyd playing XTC/Dukes of Stratosphere sounding numbers as part of the Hawkwind Space Ritual live sound. I’m working on them though, so a bit of mad electronics will find its way into the set.

We’ve got a few gigs lined up, one at a small festival in Swansea in September I think. Just getting the PA and technical stuff together, and then we’ll be gigging regularly. I’ve offered to do a Horse Gas support slot as well, but they weren’t keen.

We rehearse near Merthyr, keep your windows open next Tuesday and you might hear us!

• @MonzoPro said:
    We rehearse near Merthyr, keep your windows open next Tuesday and you might hear us!

>

The hills are alive, with the sound of Monzo. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

The hills are alive, with the sound of Monzo. :)

Quick - close the windows!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Bluepunk said:

The band I’m in will be, not the Horse Gas stuff though. The band’s a big, noisy, complicated thing. Kind of Pink Floyd playing XTC/Dukes of Stratosphere sounding numbers as part of the Hawkwind Space Ritual live sound. I’m working on them though, so a bit of mad electronics will find its way into the set.

We’ve got a few gigs lined up, one at a small festival in Swansea in September I think. Just getting the PA and technical stuff together, and then we’ll be gigging regularly. I’ve offered to do a Horse Gas support slot as well, but they weren’t keen.

Cheers. Shall put the wellies on for the Swansea Swamps gig. Windows n doors have been warned. To hear something decent coming out of Merthyr for once is good news. Dreadful place. :)

• @Bluepunk said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Bluepunk said:

Cheers. Shall put the wellies on for the Swansea Swamps gig. Windows n doors have been warned. To hear something decent coming out of Merthyr for once is good news. Dreadful place. :)

We rehearse quite a few miles into the hills from there, so not really Merthyr based.

Where are you? We’ve got a rehearsal and possible gig in Aberdare imminent as well.

• The arse end of Wales, where it dumps into the Irish Sea. You wouldn't be happy Monzo.

• @Bluepunk said:
    The arse end of Wales, where it dumps into the Irish Sea. You wouldn't be happy Monzo.

You’re not selling it to me :smiley: