Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audulus Update with METAL - Performance better?

For the sake of my life, I cannot find the topic where we were discussing that Audulus CPU issue that related to OpenGL and graphic issues.

Anyway, could anybody test the behavior with the new update (METAL instead of OpenGL)?

I tried, but:

I constantly have this problem!
Anybody else?

Comments

• Ah, I also had some patches in the original Audulus App folder:

Looks fantastic!!!!

Many thanks, @Audulus_Mark

• I think it was this one.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26118/why-you-should-check-out-audulus/p1

Still have to try the update. I hope it helps. Doesn’t seem to help those Moog apps, but I am not sure Metal is the cause, or just dumb programming at Apple.

• Looks spangly!

It’s the kind of app you want to be stranded on an island with to free up some time to dig in.

With a solar-powered charger.

• I was actually coming here to create the same thread. So far this update has amazed me -- Did he remove the patches that were from the PC/MAC version and causing too much of a performance bottleneck on the iOS version? I could have sworn that at least 2-3 patches would cause audio crackling due to it pushing my iPad Pro too hard the last I tried Audulus 3. Now even the most advanced built in patches only go up to 26% cpu or so .

I'm headed to the Audulus site to download some more user patches to test this bad boy out. So far it seems this update has been a phenomenal improvement.

• Sorry I'm late to the party on this one!

The transition to Metal did not make a difference in CPU% as far as I tested. However, in the future, Metal will allow us to do some things more efficiently than we could in OpenGL, so it's a win overall :)

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I was actually coming here to create the same thread. So far this update has amazed me -- Did he remove the patches that were from the PC/MAC version and causing too much of a performance bottleneck on the iOS version? I could have sworn that at least 2-3 patches would cause audio crackling due to it pushing my iPad Pro too hard the last I tried Audulus 3. Now even the most advanced built in patches only go up to 26% cpu or so .

I'm headed to the Audulus site to download some more user patches to test this bad boy out. So far it seems this update has been a phenomenal improvement.

This was actually a bug that we fixed that caused rendering to slow down. Now everything should work! Didn't take anything out :)

• After testing this out a bit, this update is a HUGE upgrade on my system as well (iPad6, iOS11.3)... before Audulus needed to be in the background for clean audio... AND I'm pretty sure the CPU as stated in Audulus was something like 4x higher.... now it's sweet and low. And I can run Audulus in foreground cleanly. Funny that this update wasn't supposed to be that significant.