Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Utilizing effects in Audiobus?

Hi, I just bought my first effects app, Fac Chorus. It sounds great but I am wondering how an effect (outside of a recording host) fits into the workflow properly. Specifically can you get the effect panel (in this case Fac Chorus) to appear on the same screen as the input app (so that one doesn't have to switch back and forth to make adjustments to the effect setting). I guess using a keybd controller would be a solution, but often I use the app keyboards. How is this puzzle solved? Thanks!

Comments

• can you get the effect panel (in this case Fac Chorus) to appear on the same screen as the input app

I'm planning on adding a 2-up display for audio units soon, so it works with an AU workflow. If you're using an app instead of an AU for the input, this ain't technically possible though (or feasible, anyway!)

• That's great @michael. I am thinking of getting a new iPad with split screen function. Will that accomplish the same thing? And, of course, using a keyboard controller solves it, too.

• @LinearLineman said:
    That's great @michael. I am thinking of getting a new iPad with split screen function. Will that accomplish the same thing? And, of course, using a keyboard controller solves it, too.

Only if the apps support it, I believe. Not all do, and apparently there is no list, so you have to try each yourself.
    Gee, thanks for making life so easy, Apple. :D

• @Michael said:

can you get the effect panel (in this case Fac Chorus) to appear on the same screen as the input app

I'm planning on adding a 2-up display for audio units soon, so it works with an AU workflow.

:heart: