Need beta testers for new Android DAW

I have been working on a full featured DAW for Android over the last few years and I am finally ready for some Beta testers. It's called Bandpass and comes with over 3000 samples, synths, vocoders, 50 effects, automation and much more. On top of that it is built with a social focus so you can collaborate with others and make music together. I would love to get some users who know music and can unleash its potential. Here is the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lunarlabsoftware.grouploop

Feedback is always appreciated but just having people make music with it would be amazing.

«1

Comments

  • Well, I m going to give this a try.
    Thanks for being brave, and posting in enemy territory. :#

    ;) B) :)

  • If it’s mobile it’s a friend. Just don’t get me started on The People’s Desktop Front.

  • So far, I am blown away! This app is very nice and is very full featured. Looks very slick, too.

  • That looks really good ! :)

  • Great! Seem just like what I needed!
    Gonna take it for some fun :smile:

  • I got stuck at the Intro tutorial, specifically the drum grid. Program won’t let me leave.

  • @AudioGus said:
    If it’s mobile it’s a friend. Just don’t get me started on The People’s Desktop Front.

    ... or the People's Front of Desktop.

  • Even works on my G5. Nice interface

  • Looks good from the demo, installation complete, will take it for a spin later today.
    Not really a fan of logging in, before actually using something
    Just saying...
    But the demo looked and sounded fine to me
    Was just saying the other day android for phone, iPad for music
    But more the merrier
    Good luck

  • App looks promising, unfortunately can't test it further... just not comfortable with logging in just to use it.

    may I ask why can't we use it without logging in?

  • @supadom said:

    @AudioGus said:
    If it’s mobile it’s a friend. Just don’t get me started on The People’s Desktop Front.

    ... or the People's Front of Desktop.

  • Why the login. That's a turn off for me.

  • @Hex047 said:
    App looks promising, unfortunately can't test it further... just not comfortable with logging in just to use it.

    may I ask why can't we use it without logging in?

    That's what turned me off too - I started the process, then changed my mind half way in....

  • A friend just told me the app uses mda effects & synths, that's very interesting... now I wanna know more about it.

  • @Daveypoo said:

    @Hex047 said:
    App looks promising, unfortunately can't test it further... just not comfortable with logging in just to use it.

    may I ask why can't we use it without logging in?

    That's what turned me off too - I started the process, then changed my mind half way in....

    if only it had an offline option.

  • @Daveypoo said:

    @Hex047 said:
    App looks promising, unfortunately can't test it further... just not comfortable with logging in just to use it.

    may I ask why can't we use it without logging in?

    That's what turned me off too - I started the process, then changed my mind half way in....

    if only it had an offline option.

  • I'm definitely interested, just wanted to pop in and give it a shot.

    The only other music app I used on Android was Caustic and it was laggy as hell. It would be interesting to see how fluid this is...

  • @AudioGus said:

    @supadom said:

    @AudioGus said:
    If it’s mobile it’s a friend. Just don’t get me started on The People’s Desktop Front.

    ... or the People's Front of Desktop.

    Yes, but what have the Numan's ever done for us?

  • So has anyone tried this yet ?

  • Wow. Thanks everyone for trying it out and the feedback.

    The reason for the login is so you can be identified. Since it is a cloud based app, your music is stored on servers and you need to be identified so you can access it. This allows for you to collaborate on projects and access your loops from any device.

    I do agree that it would be a good idea to have a quick access option so you can try it out. I'll see what I can do about that but I'm gonna need some more coffee.

  • @foolio said:
    Wow. Thanks everyone for trying it out and the feedback.

    The reason for the login is so you can be identified. Since it is a cloud based app, your music is stored on servers and you need to be identified so you can access it. This allows for you to collaborate on projects and access your loops from any device.

    I do agree that it would be a good idea to have a quick access option so you can try it out. I'll see what I can do about that but I'm gonna need some more coffee.

    Does it mean we can't access projects without internet access?

  • @hansjbs said:
    Why the login. That's a turn off for me.

    Ditto.

  • I don’t know. I login here about everyday. Should I be worried about something?
    Dev is giving you free cloud storage, that’s why the login. It ain’t Facebook or anycrap like that. Are you sure you guys aren’t just being paranoid?

    Seriously, what are the potential risks here? I already logged in, so I guess I’m toast. :#

  • it's a legitimate business model, nothing bad about that...
    You make a free offer and hope it accumulates a lot of users. Once the 'critical mass' is exceeded, you sell the company.
    Worked many times and is at least a more safe bet than lottery.

    This doesn't exclude great functionality (in the beginning), but how things evolve may be hard to predict. You simply loose control over workflow because you have to follow an abstract leader.
    What's initially free may be changed to a subscription model any time.
    Even if initial terms of conditions explicitely deny this option - it's valid only as long as the original corporation exists. If the 'package' is sold, new conditions apply.

    Again - this is perfectly ok, as is subscription pricing - it's up to the user to enter or leave the ballpark, no problem.
    (btw we've all experienced what 'change' means with Apple. Once you could backup your apps or restore almost any IOS version...)
    Never mind, I'm picturing a kind 'a dark side' just for the sake it exists, there may be a bright side, too o:)

  • edited June 2018

    @foolio said:
    I have been working on a full featured DAW for Android over the last few years and I am finally ready for some Beta testers. It's called Bandpass and comes with over 3000 samples, synths, vocoders, 50 effects, automation and much more. On top of that it is built with a social focus so you can collaborate with others and make music together. I would love to get some users who know music and can unleash its potential. Here is the link:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lunarlabsoftware.grouploop

    Feedback is always appreciated but just having people make music with it would be amazing.

    I hope you made a version for IOS as well otherwise you are on the wrong side of town partner, and you'd best be headed back to where you belong. :D

  • Loved the video demo...couises! just got rid of my Galaxy S8 last week because I wasn’t using it 🙈 best of luck though

  • Love it for the most part but the biggest issue I have faced is when trying to take samples from other works of mine no matter what format I make it your app tells me its an incorrect format it also doesn't even recognize my removable storage's.

  • For a Beta State APP your work is a Masterpiece.. Tried a lot of different MPA (Music Production/Creation Apps) out there and never could find the right way to make something that my Sensitive Ears could listen, or maybe I didn't know how to use the Features.. hmmmm??? maybe it's just me.. Really IDK myself the Answer to that Q.

    But with Bandpass it went straight the right way, the whole Concept of the UI and how it works is special, a little bit hard to understand at the beginning (very Hard.. if you skip the intro, my mistake), but the way it is build is great and there's nothing misplaced or not useful, so you can probably understand why Bandpass in my opinion is The Best Music Production App.

    No I'm not paid to write this, yes it looks like a Commercial, but I repeat I'm not paid for anything.. just a new user who is happy with it and who wants to say thanks a lot.

    If you create a Desktop (Linux <3 Version of Bandpass) or need 1 more Tester, I'm there for you.


    What I encountered:

    • Small minor Bug's like App Crashing, caused of full Ram Memory (just my guess) which I'm sure can and will be Fixed.

    What would be Great:

    • A Undo Button would be nice,

    if there is one.. sorry my mistake.. still working my way trough the Options and Items

  • This is very cool, distinctive and smooth workflow, great sounds

  • tried logging in and going thru the opening tutorial on bluestacks emulator on desktop, but it keeps crashing. Maybe due to the emulator. not sure. it gives a connection error at the end of the tutorial walkthru.

Sign In or Register to comment.