Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar amp sim in AU3?

Thank you to everyone on this forum. I have not posted much because I've been able to search here and get many many questions answered from prior discussions.

One thing I can not find that would solidify my current setup is an AU3 guitar amp sim. Or maybe some alternative...here is my deal:

I have been used to running my synths through real amps since...well the 1990s. Running them direct to PA sounds very strange to me. Usually a fairly clean amp since I've long gotten my guitar overdrives from pedals. So maybe there is just a plugin with a subtle saturation that would do a passable job.

Needs to be audio unit.

All my Googling is failing on this front.

Comments

• Cool thanks.

Hrmm. Having trouble saving or loading presets in AU mode. Anyone know how? Host button does nothing and don't see anything in the AU.

• edited June 2018

@Multicellular said:
    Cool thanks.

Hrmm. Having trouble saving or loading presets in AU mode. Anyone know how? Host button does nothing and don't see anything in the AU.

Which AU host app are you using for Tonebridge?

You create new Tonebridge presets in the standalone mode for the app using the workshop and then you should be able to access them from the AU version inside your host AU app.

• edited June 2018

@Multicellular said:
    Modstep.

I was able to load a Tonebridge preset I created in standalone Tonebridge into an AU instance of Tonebridge loaded in modstep.

1. Create preset with Tonebridge standalone app.
    2. Open modstep and navigate to where you’re using Tonebridge as an AU FX.
    3. Select the magnifying glass.
    4. Find your preset in the list and select it.
    5. The search field won’t work unless you’ve published your preset to the Tonebridge site and they’ve approved it.

• edited June 2018

Ahh. Got it. Thank you so much. Thru my inexperience, I didn't think to try to save first in standalone.