Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StepPolyArp Unit - Getting Started Tutorial - for the iPad

Well, what can you say except........MEGA

You can get StepPolyArp Unit here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/app/steppolyarp-unit/id1361313588?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• Brilliant video Doug :)

• edited June 2018

great demo :) Need more AUv3 midi hosts supporting this format

• apeMatrix supports it too, that's out very soon :)

• @midiSequencer said:
    great demo :) Need more AUv3 midi hosts supporting this format

Now waiting for yours ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks. Was waiting for this video :)
    Excited to see why I need this...

• That does look and sound very good. Impressively low CPU hit too.

• Very interesting. Anyone done stuff with the ployrhythmic thingy?

• @Dawdles said:

The patterns can be controlled by midi input so you could use one instance to sequence all the other AU patterns. Or you could use Rozeta or a different sequencer to select the pattern so it's pretty flexible.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@Carnbot said:

@Dawdles said:

The patterns can be controlled by midi input so you could use one instance to sequence all the other AU patterns. Or you could use Rozeta or a different sequencer to select the pattern so it's pretty flexible.

Cool, thanks :) How's this worflow feel in practise? Flexible/Fun to mess with and jump around patterns or slow workaround setting it up and kind of limited? Would love to see a video of the workflow if anyone's doing this..

Not something I’ve played around with yet in AU other than the original version but you can set patterns to change by midi or program change.

• edited June 2018

Errrr, going to need some work with this. Likely have something set wrong, but I can get this doing all manner of lovely things in stand-alone mode, yet under AUM....not a peep.

EDIT -

Just some crazy glitch with AUM. Close it all down and started up again, with no problem. :)

• is it different from xequence 2 ?

• @mlau said:
    is it different from xequence 2 ?

Yes. Check out the many vids on YouTube

• edited January 2020

@espiegel123 yeap i believe i’ve done that already. But i still can’t see a difference between what i can do in xequence 2 and what seems possible to do in steppolyarp unit...

• @mlau said:
    @espiegel123 yeap i believe i’ve done that already. But i still can’t see a difference between what i can do in xequence 2 and what seems possible to do in steppolyarp unit...

Xequence is a sequencer. It plays back what you enter. It doesn't have the sort of arpeggiator functionality of StepPoly Arp. If it isn't obvious after watching the videos what StepPoly Arp brings to the table, it might not be something you need.

• @Zetagy real nice, thanks !

• i got the app, works great in Aum, but i can’t make it work in audiobus 3 ( and am following the manual instructions ) ... anyone having issues with this ?