Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THOR: a God for Beginners

2»

Comments

• @Samu said:
    While Kauldron is 'cool' it like many other synths it falls short in the modulation department :(

I mean it's 'software' so why limit the number of LFOs and Envelopes? And why limit LFO waves to being bi-polar when uni-polar is also very handy option to have to avoid values 'wobbling around 0(ie. -1 -- +1) and give them an option to go 0-1(uni-polar).

And what's the deal with not being able to control the start-phase and/or polarity of the Oscillators and LFOs?
    And when will we get iOS synths come with step/modulation-sequencers ie. 'custom' LFO-Waves' built-in?

I've spent way too much time with Alcheny in Logic Pro X and it's modulation options and it's kinda annoying to see many of the nice sounding iOS synths being 'crippled' with limited modulation capabilities.

Sure I could use ApeMatrix but please, let's vote for ApeMaterix getting the XLFO from the Mood synth as an optional modulation source / LFO-Wave and also allow the LFO's in ApeMatrix to be triggered/reset with midi-notes for added performance playability.

I need some new 'toys' for sure :D

That was in September 2018.

Did you get what you wanted from newer Synths?
    Just curious :)

• @cian said:
    There's a great Gordon (Synthesizer secrets) Reid tutorial on Thor as well.

I wish it wasn't abandoned as it's a nice synth.

Thor was one of my first Synths, I think and I always come back to it.

It even has distance-sensitive knobs which allow for easy fine tuning - something most of the "newer" (also old) Apps do not offer.

@giku_beepstreet could have a look at this perfect implementation, even with graphics to help understand this.
    Drambos sliders could start to be usable with this.

• @tja said:

Most synths are quite good now (especially those with mod-matrixes with polarity options) and we've got some nice modular options as well. In worst cases, I can build something in Drambo :)

When I need something extra I've still got Alchemy etc. in Logic Pro X which should hopefully get an update soon...

And well, I've seriously started to delete apps that I've not used in ages.
    The criteria is simply, 'launch the app' check if it still 'clicks' with me, if not delete it.
    (IAA apps have to be really special to stay on my iPad).

Many apps that felt a bit special 2-4 years ago are pretty meh today...

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

@Samu said:

@tja said:

Most synths are quite good now (especially those with mod-matrixes with polarity options) and we've got some nice modular options as well. In worst cases, I can build something in Drambo :)

When I need something extra I've still got Alchemy etc. in Logic Pro X which should hopefully get an update soon...

And well, I've seriously started to delete apps that I've not used in ages.
    The criteria is simply, 'launch the app' check if it still 'clicks' with me, if not delete it.
    (IAA apps have to be really special to stay on my iPad).

Many apps that felt a bit special 2-4 years ago are pretty meh today...

You wouldn't believe, but I try to reduce my Apps too!

But I could not get me to delete Thor.
    It is still special to me.

I see only few needs for AU Synths, so that is no argument for me.
    Contrarily, I deleted some Apps that are only AU and not even have a standalone App, like Viking Synth.

• edited April 2020

Haha, I wrote this two months into iosland. All correct in what I thought at the time. But I hadn’t learned what Auv3 was! And now, except for Lumbeats and Thumbjam, I am almost totally AU. And, I didn’t realize I was a preset, plus a few FX, guy. Still, I would love to have it Au (for the presets, acourse). Thanks for the memory. Clever title😉

• I hope it is appropriate to resurrect an old thread to ask a question. I recently rediscovered Thor after some conversation around here about it getting removed from the store. I know it is IAA and really old but I am blown away all over again by the versatility and presets. My only frustration is after loading about 2000 extra sounds into My Presets, realizing that it sorts them however it damn well feels like it, and I couldn't figure out how to organize anything into folders. With no search feature either, that means good luck ever finding the same patch twice. Any suggestions on custom patch management within My Presets, or possibly Inbox? I know I moved some sounds into the Inbox once long ago but now can't figure how I did that or if it would be any better. Any suggestions?