Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Yanny/Laurel and high frequency hearing

edited May 2018 in Other

Well, I found it interesting. Also might explains different tastes in headphones/monitors:

Comments

• edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tjatja
    edited May 2018

Hmm, I hear this:

Laurel
    Laurel

Laurel
    Laurel

Easy
    Easy

What does that mean?!?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I found that I heard "Yanny" when I listened to it through my phone speaker or something equivalent that was all high end and nothing else. I hear Laurel as soon as I put my headphones on.

Interesting....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tjatja
    edited May 2018

I retried with PC and loudspeakers and also iPad with and without headset.

4 times Laurel, 2 times Easy

o:) :s

I suppose, I have esp. bad hearing. B)

• Things got heated around the house with this one. I was hearing nothing but Yanny in every possible situation and anyone who heard otherwise had lost their marbles as far as I was concerned :D. Then I saw the video (maybe this one?) where it gets filtered down and I heard laurel. Blew my mind.

• @Max23 said:
    not sure what this is supposed to show off?
    some kind of masking effect?

It was a thing that did the rounds a couple of weeks ago, like the gold/blue dress (remember that one). Some people hear "yanny", some people hear "laurel", and the tweet above explains why.

• edited May 2018
  • I just keep hearing
    "If there is no body there is no crime"
    but I have been hearing that for awhile 😳

• If you can only hear laurel then you're probably half cornbeef (deef) and should stick to playing the bass :neutral:

• edited May 2018
  • 15 kHz is very good. If I listen to a pure sine ramping up with headphones on it pans around 8khz. Tops out at 13khz.
    I saw this on the TV last week and could only hear yanny. Now I only hear laurel with cans on. Teenage kicks have deserted me. Back to bass duties ×_×

• edited May 2018