Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Sighting

Was absent-mindedly clicking through youtube suggestions when I saw this:

Some pretty funky sounds coming out of Cubasis.

Comments

• @SlowMotion said:
    Was absent-mindedly clicking through youtube suggestions when I saw this:

Some pretty funky sounds coming out of Cubasis.

Someone said something about Cubasis 2.5.. hopefully Ableton Link will be implemented..

• edited May 2018

Hopefully @LFS can clue us in on something. I hope...

1. We don’t have to be forced to keep the Channel Strip and Studio EQ on each channel, or that we can reorder those so as to put the EQ in the last slot where it belongs.

2. That if the two effects slots being taken up is mandatory, that at least those of us who purchased Waves Q10 can switch Studio EQ for the superior Waves Q10.

3. That they’ll FINALLY add some damn busses, lol.

I know I’ve been bitching about these issues for a long time, but I also know development takes time and money. SO, I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is. I’ll pony up the cash to purchase busses and rearranging effects (or even upgrading the available effects slots from 3 to 8) so I can use Cubasis to a far fuller potential. Cheers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

1. That if the two effects slots being taken up is mandatory, that at least those of us who purchased Waves Q10 can switch Studio EQ for the superior Waves Q10.

This is partly why I did not buy them.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

1. We don’t have to be forced to keep the Channel Strip and Studio EQ on each channel, or that we can reorder those so as to put the EQ in the last slot where it belongs.

2. That if the two effects slots being taken up is mandatory, that at least those of us who purchased Waves Q10 can switch Studio EQ for the superior Waves Q10.

3. That they’ll FINALLY add some damn busses, lol.

I know I’ve been bitching about these issues for a long time, but I also know development takes time and money. SO, I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is. I’ll pony up the cash to purchase busses and rearranging effects (or even upgrading the available effects slots from 3 to 8) so I can use Cubasis to a far fuller potential. Cheers.

If you have busses, the amount of plugins is potentially unlimited - that’s the way I current work with Auria, with have for FX slots per channel, that can easily become 8 or more when I start daisy chaining busses.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Let's see what the next update brings...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Best,
    Lars

Is that almost a promise ? ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@LFS said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Best,
    Lars

Lars is an expert when it comes to 'cliff hanger' comments :)

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@LFS said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Best,
    Lars

Lars is an expert when it comes to 'cliff hanger' comments :)

He doesn't normally give anything away, neither confirming nor denying rumours.
    This makes me think we may well get these things...AND...that there will be more BIGGER surprises too.

• The only thing we can expect from Cubasis is a gradual evolution and I mean that in a good way

• @AndyPlankton said:

This makes me think we may well get these things...AND...that there will be more BIGGER surprises too.

Yepp, Cubasis 2.5 should at least bring optimisations for 10.5" and 12.9" iPad Pro's (Mentioned over at the Cubasis forums). For me that's not that 'huge' since I'm still rocking the Air 2 :)

I'll save a few store-credits for any IAPs that might drop...

Sub-Groups, Track Folders, SamplerTrack, more Grid-Line Options, Tempo Automation would be nice 'extras' :)

• edited May 2018

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yepp, Cubasis 2.5 should at least bring optimisations for 10.5" and 12.9" iPad Pro's (Mentioned over at the Cubasis forums). For me that's not that 'huge' since I'm still rocking the Air 2 :)

Same here

I'll save a few store-credits for any IAPs that might drop...

Same here

Sub-Groups, Track Folders, SamplerTrack, more Grid-Line Options, Tempo Automation would be nice 'extras' :)

+either CC or HUI control of the transport and mixer :)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The only thing we can expect from Cubasis is a gradual evolution and I mean that in a good way

Expect the unexpected too, they do also give us that at times too ;)

• The fact that they've been developing and improving this great app for this many years already is absolutely amazeballs. Anything they throw into it at this point is a most generous bonus. B)

• I agree. This is my absolutely go to DAW, and the support is truly professional!

@brambos said:
    The fact that they've been developing and improving this great app for this many years already is absolutely amazeballs. Anything they throw into it at this point is a most generous bonus. B)

• @LFS said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Best,
    Lars

:disappointed: :flushed: :astonished: Damn! Welp, that woke me right up. :smiley: Thanks for the clue. ;)

• @brambos said:
    The fact that they've been developing and improving this great app for this many years already is absolutely amazeballs. Anything they throw into it at this point is a most generous bonus. B)

For me, I’m willing to put forward money as IAP for the features I ask for. ;)

• edited May 2018

@brambos said:

Maybe not as rich in features as the desktop version, but certainly of the same stock. Desktop Cubase was my mainstay for recording and production for many years (a couple of decades) it developed and grew.
    The major events I remember were

• ASIO came along and allowed real-time multi-track audio recording and playback
    • VST was introduced
    • A way of syncing 2 machines via audio was introduced

Cubasis is doing that same thing now for me on iOS. Very similar events too.....

• AB/IAA (Multi-Track real-time recording)
    • AU (VST)
    • Link (2 devices in sync)

The only real difference is that on iOS Steinberg are adopting the standards rather than setting them. BUT This train keeps on rolling :)

I do kind of hope that in the background somewhere Apple are listening to Steinberg with this stuff, after all, they've been there, done that, got the T-Shirt :D

• True, Cubasis paid for itself long ago. Lots of gravy.

I don't know how IAP's are implemented in the coding, so it may not be that easy with some features unless the app's been built for it. Just a guess. Then maybe the developer doesn't want the complication of selling a stripped down app with IAP's. Then maybe there's no time for additional development beyond what's already being done. Point is, maybe we'll just have to be patient. :)

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Can you point me to this on the Cubasis forum? 12.9 optimization is high on my want list

• @realdawei said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Can you point me to this on the Cubasis forum? 12.9 optimization is high on my want list

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=95171&start=50#p742774

• @Samu said:

@realdawei said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

nice!

• All nice to haves, but what is needed are tempo and time signature changes.

• Tempo and time signature tracks would be very welcomed. Cubasis would obviously be able to better handle more kinds of projects. I wonder if that's important to a significant number of users.

• @Samu said:

@realdawei said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Good stuff thanks!

• @lovadamusic said:
    Tempo and time signature tracks would be very welcomed. Cubasis would obviously be able to better handle more kinds of projects. I wonder if that's important to a significant number of users.

Yep! Count me in for that! :smile:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

@lovadamusic said:
    Tempo and time signature tracks would be very welcomed. Cubasis would obviously be able to better handle more kinds of projects. I wonder if that's important to a significant number of users.

Yep! Count me in for that! :smile:

Yep me too :)