Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Allihoopa TOS/license?

I’ve read over the Allihoopa TOS a few times but I’m still not really understanding what I can and can’t do with content on there.

If I pull an a cappella, use it in a track and then upload it as “song title (feat. Blah)”, is that ok? I’m definitely not saying the other artists shouldn’t be credited but I’m very unclear on what’s ok and what’s not.

The TOS references “no monetization” - does that mean not to use samples / song bits and reconstruct into something new, or don’t take full tracks and upload them to Spotify/YouTube for the purposes of monetization?

If this has been brought up before I’m sorry just point me in the right direction. I did a search but couldn’t find anything in the last year or so (Allihoopa been around awhile though so maybe I didn’t go far enough back).

Thanks!

Comments

• Pulled out the pertinent bits of the TOS:

This License includes the right to use the Content in a commercial setting but not to Monetize the Content. “Monetize” shall mean to generate money or some form of currency and/ or income directly through the exploitation of one or more individual pieces of Content.

iii. Users are NOT allowed to make money from the sale, license or other exploitation of any Content on the Service, including original Content that user has contributed unless the user is exploiting ONLY that Content that the user owns in its entirety.
    iv. Users are allowed to post Content on social media sites, so long as the user is not earning revenue from the Content. This exclusion covers, but is not limited to, advertising revenue from the use of Content in a video posted to a social media site.

-————————-

The first paragraph is the really confusing part to me. You can use it commercially but can’t monetize it. I’d email them directly but they only want to get feedback via twitter or Facebook, neither of which I use.

TBH I’m not looking to make money, but I have released stuff on iTunes and etc for the heck of it but it makes me nervous to think it could be a problem.

Thanks all. Hopefully there are some legal speak folks around here :wink:

• An example of that first paragraph might be a commercial movie that uses your song in the background but is not compensating you so thats ok.

If you are selling music that contains parts from alihoopla on itunes then thats a pretty clear violation of monetizing.

• But they would be earning money from the movie so that’s kind of BS :(

It’s confusing. It’d be easier if they just say “No don’t do this” and that’s that. I think I’ll stick to just not putting anything using the resources in any kind of store to play it safe.

Actually maybe you are right, because they use the word “directly” - the movie isn’t all about whatever song or snippet taken from the service. It’d probably be featured for 30 seconds at most out of a 1.5hr+ movie.... hmmm.

Ok- this helps. You have to admit though their verbiage is not the most clear...

• it would be best to email them. Some acapellas you have to add feat: "So n So". (the singers name, & sometimes with there consent). Some don't bother(ok to use). Some say not to use there names. Some say it is for educational use only. Best to ask really.