Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Designer Pro 2 on currently on sale

Midi Designer Pro 2 is currently on sale for $9.99 ($24.99).
It recently added a plugin to read/run StreamByter code. To write/edit the code in Midi Designer Pro 2, you need to purchase an IAP. The IAP is $1.99 now, but is said to be going up to $8.99 soon. I just bought both.

StreamByter should be familiar to MidiFire users, or MidiBridge users from before.

To find the IAP, you have to dig around a bit.
Hit the More button top-center screen. Choose Configure from the list. In the Config panel, select Connections at the bottom. Scroll down to the bottom of Connections to Input Rules and Output Rules. Attempt to enter a rule, and you will be prompted to buy the IAP.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

That’s a great deal on the mother of all midi control surface creation apps (IMO). Lemur is more powerful in some esoteric ways, but has a steep learning curve and requires hookup to a desktop PC to do any meaningful design work. TB Midi stuff was my favorite, but seems dead in the development area. TouchOSC I don’t care for at all, especially since it requires a PC hookup for editing. Sonic Logic is a favorite for ease of use, but limited in power.

Got off track there with my opinionating. I surely don’t want to start a debate, and will decline to engage if one ensues. I’m just saying $9.99 is well worth it for this app if you are interested in developing midi control surfaces.

As an example, here’s a surface I made for my old Electribe ES-1. It’s super useful for visually keeping track of all the parameter settings and automation going on. Something that is very challenging on the ES-1.

• That’s brilliant @wim !

• I had the app but not the iap. opted to just buy the bundle which included streambyte. a great deal indeed, thanks for the tip @CracklePot

• @Hmtx said:
    That’s brilliant @wim !

Sadly it doesn’t update the knobs when patterns are loaded. So not as brilliant as I’d like, but still very useful.