Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

U need VOLT Synth │ Deep Review and Developer Interview - haQ attaQ 284

Numerical Audio's Expressive VOLT synthesizer is not just for Roli Seaboard or MPE MIDI keyboard players. This synthesizer sounds amazingly good and works just as well without an expensive MIDI controller. This very deep guide and review of VOLT synth also includes interview-bits with Kai Aras, the developer of Volt and hear him talk about the design choices he made when making Volt and why.

haqattaq

Comments

  • @senhorlampada said:
    Awesome :smiley:

    Aw, thank you!

  • Sweet review! Just after watching it, I created my very first preset from scratch in it! Wow amazing!

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Sweet review! Just after watching it, I created my very first preset from scratch in it! Wow amazing!

    Yeah I’ve been spending about two weeks with this one as I prepaird, filmed and made music for the video with it. It’s got its own unique overall sound and it’s really easy to tweak. Many hours of patch creations, but unfortunately I didn’t save em all. :sweat_smile:

  • Holy crap, that did sound lovely! Loving the high quality production, and detailed overview, good stuff! Also, great chat :smiley: :

  • edited May 2018

    @ka010 said:
    Holy crap, that did sound lovely! Loving the high quality production, and detailed overview, good stuff! Also, great chat :smiley: :

    Thank you Kai, I’m happy you enjoyed the final result. And thank you so much for doing the interview!

  • edited May 20

    When I got this I was totally new to iOS music making, it was one of my first apps and I didn't appreciate properly how good it was. I just came back and had a play with it now for the first time in ages, and I love it. I have to say, Kai is definitely one of the devs doing really deep and interesting stuff on iOS

  • @Gavinski said:
    When I got this I was totally new to iOS music making, it was one of my first apps and I didn't appreciate properly how good it was. I just came back and had a play with it now for the first time in ages, and I love it. I have to say, Kai is definitely one of the devs doing really deep and interesting stuff on iOS

    I bought it as the first dedicated MPE iOS synth - I should say Roli dedicated synth (I still haven't figured out how to change the default pitch bend).

    The sound is a bit harsh for me but I can live with that. However I have experienced a lot of hanging notes so I barely open it anymore. Maybe I should report this - if only I had more time...

  • Actually, I think that is one of the reasons I stopped using it, but I thought at the time it was a problem with the seaboard, and it was at least partly a problem with their firmware, particularly when playing 2 seaboard blocks linked together, which I was doing. Hmm, maybe this still has stuck notes, that would be annoying, I was using velocity keyboard for it earlier.

  • @Gavinski said:
    Actually, I think that is one of the reasons I stopped using it, but I thought at the time it was a problem with the seaboard, and it was at least partly a problem with their firmware, particularly when playing 2 seaboard blocks linked together, which I was doing. Hmm, maybe this still has stuck notes, that would be annoying, I was using velocity keyboard for it earlier.

    I have experienced this both with the Linn and with sequencers in AUM. Last time was not that long ago.

Sign In or Register to comment.