Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

USB midi input routing

Hi - iOS music noob here hoping to find a solution to a midi routing issue: I’m using an MAudio Keystation ES and impact lx-61 and would like to assign each USB controller to a separate instrument. I’ve set up a separate “track” with one instance of each controller set to different midi channels and assignd them to different apps set to corresponding midi channels. The app set to midi channel one will play when the midi channel 1 controller is played but the other one will not make a sound. If I change all the midi channels to the same channel all controllers work and all apps play but both apps sound simultaneously by playing either keyboard controller. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Are you using AUM or Audiobus to help route the midi? Also, which apps are you sending each controller to?
    And how do you like your lx-61? That thing looks pretty sweet.

• Using Audiobus 3 to help route the midi. So far I’ve tried SampleTank, fm essential & Korg Module le. I was thinking that maybe the problems I was having was because of the free apps but I don’t really want to spend anymore on a solution that may not work.
    I really like the lx-61 - got it in January but have been so busy haven’t had a chance to really dig into it. It integrates well into my main DAW Studio One.
    What I’m trying to do with the two controllers is have two different sounds on the two keyboards for playing live - an example is piano on the keystation88 and organ on the lx-61.

• Try testing each app separately, first with one controller, then the other. Try to confirm that each app can respond to each controller in isolation, through Audiobus. This will help narrow down the possible causes of your technical difficulties.

If all apps work in the above scenario, then I would check the Midi Channels next to see if there if some limitation like the free apps only use Omni or Channel 1, etc.