Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Envelope followers!! ?? Also, about FAC Envolver

edited May 2018 in General App Discussion

MIDI MIDI MIDI. !!! This new video for FAC Envolver has taught me
1. What an envelope follower is and does
2. That I need this on iOS now :smiley:

Comments

• Yes, that looks great. And finally more AU MIDI plugins coming! :)

• edited May 2018

Yasss! And thank you for your plugins @brambos

• I wonder of/how this will work in bm3,cubasis...

• @Hansson said:
    I wonder of/how this will work in bm3,cubasis...

In BM3 it will most likely work like most Midi AUv3's. ie. create it's own midi-port that can be routed anywhere.
    In current state it will most likely not work in Cubasis which (as far as I know) doesn't have any global midi-routing features to route midi from one track to another, or one plug-in to another.

• Omg. I have wanted this for years on iOS. Stellar work @FredAntonCorvest

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

Yay, iOS music making finally catches up to 1999 sort of.

• wimwim
    edited May 2018

Fruity Peak Controller. What a mind altering day it was when I first understood the uses for that little gem!

• Looks great can’t wait to use this hopefully out soon.

• I’m sure that like all FAC apps, this is great, but as Johnny Cloth-Ears, I’m just not getting the subtleties. Maybe when Doug does his inevitable review, understanding will dawn, and purchasing follow.

• Me either...is it sort of like MIDI-based, gain-controlling side-chaining that follows the source's waveform with precision?

• edited May 2018

@Zen210507 said:
    I’m sure that like all FAC apps, this is great, but as Johnny Cloth-Ears, I’m just not getting the subtleties. Maybe when Doug does his inevitable review, understanding will dawn, and purchasing follow.

@oddSTAR said:
    Me either...is it sort of like MIDI-based, gain-controlling side-chaining that follows the source's waveform with precision?

That's one use

What you basically have is something that can send a CC value based on the volume of an incoming audio signal...
    This can be used for all manner of things.....the side chaining you mentioned is one such thing.
    Another would be maybe controlling FX based on the volume of something...so for example adding more chorus as a noise gets louder or quieter, and it doesn't have to be the same noise.....another example, add overdrive to the bass depending on how loud the guitar is playing.

• Midi based control of not only gain, but anything that will accept a midi signal. So you can have a filter open only on a certain drum hit, and filtering with the contour of the drum hit. So in a traditional setup a long snare would create a filter opening quickly at the beginning and slowly closing, but a short snappy snare would make a short snappy filter envelope. But then imagine using that snare to open up a delay on any other channel. Or activating a reverb only when the kick or bass is heard. A lot of creative potential. The possibilities are endless!

• @oddSTAR said:
    Me either...is it sort of like MIDI-based, gain-controlling side-chaining that follows the source's waveform with precision?

yep, In a nutshell its like side-chaining everything (not just filter/volume).

The video demo uses it as a pretty standard side-chaining/ ducking equivalent, but the options are limitless for modulating any MIDI controllable parameter.

• Thank you all for your great support!

@Hmtx said:

@oddSTAR said:

yep, In a nutshell its like side-chaining everything (not just filter/volume).

The video demo uses it as a pretty standard side-chaining/ ducking equivalent, but the options are limitless for modulating any MIDI controllable parameter.

Yes limitless!

Here Fac Envolver follows the loudness contour of some chords coming from Cubasis and controls the cutoff of the Moog Filtatron, as well as the VCA of the channel containing Bram Bos Kosmonaut via MIDI CC. Everything set up in AUM.

• edited May 2018

AHHHH ahhaaha. YES Thanks very much Mr. Corvest

I told myself to not watch that video becuase it would just make me more impatient....

I was right, I watched it twice... and I NEED this NOW. :wink: Even this example is fairly "tame" in the sense of crazy possibilities, but yes I love it, especially the Kosmonaut AUM channel volume increasing inversely to the synth. beautiful

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Here Fac Envolver follows the loudness contour of some chords coming from Cubasis and controls the cutoff of the Moog Filtatron, as well as the VCA of the channel containing Bram Bos Kosmonaut via MIDI CC. Everything set up in AUM.

FILTATRON! @FredAntonCorvest you mad genius! I didn't think of that when you first dropped this news, but you just made Filtatron a billion times more useful.

So when is it out? Huh? Huh? Beta? Fred?

Is this thing on? :wink:

• :) on holiday for two days but I think everything should be ready to launch the beast :) so we are speaking of few days I hope. I m very honoured to join MIDI, and hope that more and more hosts will allow AuV3 sending audio and MIDI at same time! And AUM is amazing: do you know that in a simple scenario like synth -> Fac Envolver you can re route the MIDI generated by Fac Envolver to the src synth !!!