Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• That's the Medusa but you should also look at the new Erebus V3 with its 3 VCO's and Triple Ring.

• @bert said:
    That's the Medusa but you should also look at the new Erebus V3 with its 3 VCO's and Triple Ring.

Wow

Very cool

• This may be my first Dreadbox acquisition. He said a proper demo is on the way, so hopefully he can get Nick/Gaz from Sonic State, Cuckoo, or similar caliber demo artist to it. I like the potential of the grid controller for IOS synths.

My 2nd may be the Abyss, which is the one fully polyphonic synth in Dreadbox's catalog. Such a lush sound despite only 4 voices.

• Have wanted a Erebus for awhile now. This looks great and very solid, and then I saw him wobble that middle knob (between synth and pads) and it looked like it was going to wobble right off.

Anyhow, looks like a ton of fun.

• @kinkujin said:
    Have wanted a Erebus for awhile now. This looks great and very solid, and then I saw him wobble that middle knob (between synth and pads) and it looked like it was going to wobble right off.

It's not a finished product, so I'm sure they'll tighten that up by production time.

The digital oscillators aren't even implemented yet, based on what he said in another Medusa video.

• Ahh, that's good to know. Thanks.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@kinkujin said:
    Have wanted a Erebus for awhile now. This looks great and very solid, and then I saw him wobble that middle knob (between synth and pads) and it looked like it was going to wobble right off.

It's not a finished product, so I'm sure they'll tighten that up by production time.

The digital oscillators aren't even implemented yet, based on what he said in another Medusa video.

They're working in the demo. Or, the 'standard' digital oscillators are working anyway. It's the wavetables that aren't working yet.

• Anyone here actually get one/use one? This is on my new list of most wanted piece of gear? Why?

Well, having now committed myself to actually learning Ableton and the Push 1, I'm finding it to be a dream come true. I have been able to "play" the Push like an instrument and in dissecting the experience I'm finding that yes indeed the reason I love it so much is the pads, the layout - the GRID. Aha! this is like the Circuit that I love so much. I am a Grid lover.

Anyhow, just talking. I'd be curious to know of your experiences with it. Did you "embrace the grid"??
    And of course, what app on ios most resembles this playing experience?

• if you love grids take a look at the upcoming euroburo from empress maybe

• edited September 2020

Wow, time flies.

The Medusa has changed quite a bit in the time that has passed. Now there is a "black limited edition" that is priced $200 lower than the original price, which ships with colored knobs so you can switch out the black ones, and they changed the labeling for more of a Polyend kind of look. Also, the firmware is up to 3.0. I still don't own one but that may change soon.

I have an Empress Zoia and yes it has a grid layout. The Zoia is a virtual modular, so the buttons are more for quick access to the values of each module in your virtual modular patch, with color coding to make it easier to keep track of what module is what. The buttons are not sensitive to velocity or pressure. Some patches use the buttons so you can play a melody on them, but again, no velocity, no pressure.

Somebody asked on Reddit or FB if they could use the Zoia as a drum machine. Overwhelming responses were NO - even the folks who are wizards at Zoia patching who have figured out some pretty clever stuff. I mean you could patch the Zoia to play a beat, but it's unlikely to be as fun as messing on a dedicated drum machine.

I suspect the Euroboro will have the same button situation.

• Ahem... OT gentlemen. Please protect me from Hardware crack news with a Trigger Warning with "OT". This is even in the General App category. Have you no shame pimping for these
    hardware "dealers".

• Hmm, haven't seen any posts in months from the OG pimp who started this thread

• I’m going to have one of these. I don’t know when but I will.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2020

@GovernorSilver said:
    Hmm, haven't seen any posts in months from the OG pimp who started this thread

He snuck in 2 this month before this one:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40799/new-virsyn-app-is-amazing#latest

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/40629/jammpro-lets-recap-and-see-where-we-are-at-on-it#latest

He posted 2 last month as well.

It's always a highlight when he does tho' I know he's going to Pimp hardware
    and is a dangerous individual for an addict to hang with.

• Sheesh, that’s some creepy stalking McD. hehe

• edited September 2020

@kinkujin said:
    Sheesh, that’s some creepy stalking McD. hehe

Agreed, lol. I enjoy dude's posts, and was just idly wondering what happened to him. Wasn't asking for an FBI report.

• I have a lot of free time on my hands and it bests re-runs of Law and Order. It was also confirmation for my immediate response... no he's hasn't been gone for that long.
    You can see the stats for anyone by clicking on their ABF user name:

Holy shit... 5,200 comments. 109 Discussions. I need to get a better hobby.
    Click on the Discussions and you get specifics of time and such:

It's just knowing how to work the forum for clues and having too much time on your hands.