Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Superbooth 2018

edited May 2018 in Other

Since i won´t start to many OT threads i thought i make a Superbooth thread since it might be interesting for some musicians in general and maybe someone saw or heard also on iOS specific things.
So are you or were you there, did you see/hear something special?
In general i think the Superbooth 2018 is one of the best (but i´m not physically there sadly).
F.e. what about this:

I like Gaz Williams :)

Comments

• edited May 2018

Has anybody had the chance to play AD Quanta?

• Gaz rules. On-topic: Teenage Engineering are on fire. Their coproduction with Ikea is also a potentially radical development.

• edited May 2018

For me, the biggest Superbooth news is the free update to Omnisphere 2.5. They are pushing the idea of hardware integration, but I don't own a hardware synth. What excites me is that it was a beast before and now it has doubled: 4 layers, 8 LFOs, 12 envelopes and 64 modulation slots. Two layers was probably enough for most instruments, but I can just imagine the kinds of evolving pads and ambient sounds you 'll be able to make with four layers, 12 envelopes, and all those modulation options. Public Beta starts soon and 2.5 will come out in mid-summer.

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=LaLDetoDYXQ

• edited May 2018

@Reid said:
    For me, the biggest Superbooth news is the free update to Omnisphere 2.5. They are pushing the idea of hardware integration, but I don't own a hardware synth. What excites me is that it was a beast before and now it has doubled: 4 layers, 8 LFOs, 12 envelopes and 64 modulation slots. Two layers was probably enough for most instruments, but I can just imagine the kinds of evolving pads and ambient sounds you 'll be able to make with four layers, 12 envelopes, and all those modulation options. Public Beta starts soon and 2.5 will come out in mid-summer.

Indeed (i posted that in my other OT thread about the Prophet X).
    I´m sure will join the public beta.
    If they would add one day a thing like Keyscape for guitar and strings i would be in 7th heaven.
    What i like about Omnisphere is that it is the best performance synth by a country mile for me.
    Setting up a multi is easy (also a workaround to get a 8 voice MPE preset as well).
    I´m also excited by doubling the layers. The new hardware integration is something i call just really groundbreaking.
    It´s never been done this way yet and could start something missing about soft- and hardware integration.
    It´s way more than the usual midi CC mapping.
    I can be microtuned per preset or even per part in a multi (so you can even blend tunings etc.)
    A thing i love and which seems to be unique (i wonder why) is that Omnisphere also let me blend smooth (you can set a crossblend/curve) between different presets while i play live etc. inside a multi.
    So i can f.e. use the modwheel (or any other midi CC) to blend or decide what presets will be played while i perform.
    Then there is much more of course.
    Omnisphere lives really up to it´s name and is close to be the omnipotent synth :)
    Keyscape is also one of my favorite things ever. Especially if you use these awesome multi-samples instruments inside Omnisphere 2. But of course a personal thing. I really felt in love with the more characterful keys like the Wing Tacked Piano or the Toy Pianos and things like the Harmochord and Chimeatron. These played with some microtunings gives me that instant horror movie theme vibe with character i like.
    Then the years showed that Spectrasonics is supporting this platform for many years to come for sure.
    A few thing are missing of course like even more and better synthesis options and user multi-samples. But for that i have other tools, so i can live with that.
    While it´s not my favorite synth for pure synthesis it is together with Alchemy the best hybrid for me and maybe THE tool which can do all and more genres :)
    And while the price can be look expensive it really is a bargain for what you get at the end......if you need/want that all.
    Now with 2.5 over 13000 presets (without counting the expansions and other instruments like Keyscape, Trilian, RMX and the Bob Moog expansion).
    I do not own Trilian since i don´t need it and RMX seems to old for me now and i hope there will be V2.0 of this too soon.
    But Spectrasonics are very good at keeping secrets over years until a product is ready to release.
    I also think Eric Persing is a wonderful and friendly guy and maybe one if the few guys where i really see and feel the joy in creating these tools in all the videos and promotions.
    Call me a huge Spectrasonics fan......they deserve it.
    I ask me if we could use the hardware integration also via other tools like iOs apps f.e.
    Not sure how it´s been done. Midi CC plus sysex or some other mojo?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@Cib said:

@Reid said:

Indeed (i posted that in my other OT thread about the Prophet X).
    I´m sure will join the public beta.
    If they would add one day a thing like Keyscape for guitar and strings i would be in 7th heaven.
    What i like about Omnisphere is that it is the best performance synth by a country mile for me.
    Setting up a multi is easy (also a workaround to get a 8 voice MPE preset as well).
    I´m also excited by doubling the layers. The new hardware integration is something i call just really groundbreaking.
    It´s never been done this way yet and could start something missing about soft- and hardware integration.
    It´s way more than the usual midi CC mapping.
    I can be microtuned per preset or even per part in a multi (so you can even blend tunings etc.)
    A thing i love and which seems to be unique (i wonder why) is that Omnisphere also let me blend smooth (you can set a crossblend/curve) between different presets while i play live etc. inside a multi.
    So i can f.e. use the modwheel (or any other midi CC) to blend or decide what presets will be played while i perform.
    Then there is much more of course.
    Omnisphere lives really up to it´s name and is close to be the omnipotent synth :)
    Keyscape is also one of my favorite things ever. Especially if you use these awesome multi-samples instruments inside Omnisphere 2. But of course a personal thing. I really felt in love with the more characterful keys like the Wing Tacked Piano or the Toy Pianos and things like the Harmochord and Chimeatron. These played with some microtunings gives me that instant horror movie theme vibe with character i like.
    Then the years showed that Spectrasonics is supporting this platform for many years to come for sure.
    A few thing are missing of course like even more and better synthesis options and user multi-samples. But for that i have other tools, so i can live with that.
    While it´s not my favorite synth for pure synthesis it is together with Alchemy the best hybrid for me and maybe THE tool which can do all and more genres :)
    And while the price can be look expensive it really is a bargain for what you get at the end......if you need/want that all.
    Now with 2.5 over 13000 presets (without counting the expansions and other instruments like Keyscape, Trilian, RMX and the Bob Moog expansion).
    I do not own Trilian since i don´t need it and RMX seems to old for me now and i hope there will be V2.0 of this too soon.
    But Spectrasonics are very good at keeping secrets over years until a product is ready to release.
    I also think Eric Persing is a wonderful and friendly guy and maybe one if the few guys where i really see and feel the joy in creating these tools in all the videos and promotions.
    Call me a huge Spectrasonics fan......they deserve it.
    I ask me if we could use the hardware integration also via other tools like iOs apps f.e.
    Not sure how it´s been done. Midi CC plus sysex or some other mojo?

Yep, this update sounds great, and Omnisphere's amazing already.

Between omnisphere, ableton 10, repro 5, the legend, vcvrack, arturia easel and serum I'm spending more and more time ITB lately.

I never gelled with Push2 in Ableton 9 but its genuinely fun/inspiring now since ableton 10. If this omnisphere update makes things feel hands-on in a similar way.... I should probably start shopping around for a deal on a supported synth to control it :/ I don't have anything on the current list.

Considering selling a whole bunch of hardware recently tbh, ITB is killing it lately. Lots of really fun, high quality stuff going on..

Yeah....all i want now are easy to microtune strings. I can do this with Falcon and Kontakt but it doesn´t work great or is just a hassle to use compared to just load a .tun file inside Omnisphere.
    I wish P900 would offer microtuning since i much prefer the raw analog power of it over Repro, Model D and whatever i played with and own yet.
    Another thing often underrated seems the really powerful modulation inside Omnisphere.
    While it lacks in general audio rate stuff (that would make it the king for ma maybe) i really love the things you can do with the MSEG. Also great that it´s easy f.e. to let a part of an MSEG play in another tempo than the next etc.

• Keyscape is on the list of things to get before I die. I’ve been so on and off with the music during the last few years though, so my DAW needs to be vacuum cleaned and so needs the little hardware I do have. I want a Prophet X but, I much rather want a Spectrasonics hardware synth/keyboard with Omnisphere inside. A glorious knobby panel tailored for Omnisphere. Stylus and trilian thrown in for beats and bass duties if you wanna knock out a lil tune on that simple onboard sequencer...Yum yum

• edited May 2018

@ChrisG said:
    Keyscape is on the list of things to get before I die. I’ve been so on and off with the music during the last few years though, so my DAW needs to be vacuum cleaned and so needs the little hardware I do have. I want a Prophet X but, I much rather want a Spectrasonics hardware synth/keyboard with Omnisphere inside. A glorious knobby panel tailored for Omnisphere. Stylus and trilian thrown in for beats and bass duties if you wanna knock out a lil tune on that simple onboard sequencer...Yum yum

Now since Spectrasonics will support the Prophet X also as hardware controller you need both :D
    Of course that is some kind of money to spend.
    Keyscape goes here (Germany) for about €350 which is not cheap but i find still a good price for what you get.
    I payed happily 400 when it was new (boxed version). It was even worth just for the Tack pianos and the other obscure thing for me. Mostly all talk just about that custom C7 and the EP´s which i don´t use really :)
    Keyscape AND Omnisphere is something i think is much better than the Prophet X for me in terms of sound variety and flexibility.
    But i must say that Prophet X looks really great.
    Not sure how to explain that in words but Keyscape is one of the few tools which makes me just happy and gives me often goosebumps when i play with it.
    I think there was once a kind of hardware Omnisphere (which was more a computer, tablet, keys and controller in a special case) wish they offered for a competition (not sure exactly).
    I think iPad was included as well for the TR app.
    Oh, i forgot the Omnisphere app which can be useful too of course.

• Superbooth was cool - so many developers of hardware modules with new ideas and also all big synth companies. I really enjoyed my visit :)

• This is also nice and can be used with iOS as well:

• @Reid said:

I was amazed that he was running it with that MacBook Air..... I love that computer

• @Cib said:

I feel very strongly that Guitarscape (or whatever they will call it) is coming. I think it will be set up just like Keyscape. It will sample guitar rarities that we would never get a chance to get our hands on. Maybe a Gibson archtop from the 1920s. Weird one of a kind guitars with extra strings. That kind of stuff. There will be a huge collection of presets that combine it with Omnisphere sounds, as there is with Trilian and Keyscape. I get very excited when I think about this, because I love the Omnisphere guitar patches like "Glorious Guitars" so much.

I don't know about strings, though. There are so many string libraries out there with dozens of articulations, round robins, etc. Omnisphere can't do that. I don't see how it could compete with Spitfire or the Cinematic Studio Series, and the many other developers who have been pursuing this for so many years. That's not what Spectrasonics does better than everybody else.

But there really aren't organs in Keyscape. No B-3 or Farfisa or Vox. There are tons of organs of all sizes from around the world. So there could be an Organscape.

A Percussionscape would also be great.

But you never know with Spectrasonics.

• I wish someone would ask how many midi outs the OP-Z can do at once with those 16 tracks.

• @Reid said:

@Cib said:

I feel very strongly that Guitarscape (or whatever they will call it) is coming. I think it will be set up just like Keyscape. It will sample guitar rarities that we would never get a chance to get our hands on. Maybe a Gibson archtop from the 1920s. Weird one of a kind guitars with extra strings. That kind of stuff. There will be a huge collection of presets that combine it with Omnisphere sounds, as there is with Trilian and Keyscape. I get very excited when I think about this, because I love the Omnisphere guitar patches like "Glorious Guitars" so much.

I don't know about strings, though. There are so many string libraries out there with dozens of articulations, round robins, etc. Omnisphere can't do that. I don't see how it could compete with Spitfire or the Cinematic Studio Series, and the many other developers who have been pursuing this for so many years. That's not what Spectrasonics does better than everybody else.

But there really aren't organs in Keyscape. No B-3 or Farfisa or Vox. There are tons of organs of all sizes from around the world. So there could be an Organscape.

A Percussionscape would also be great.

I wonder why no update for keyscape.... it could use some love as it already doesn't have the steam engine

But you never know with Spectrasonics.

• @kobamoto said:

I wonder why no update for keyscape.... it could use some love as it already doesn't have the steam engine

Well they did add 1200 Keyscape Creative patches during NAMM 2017.

And of course, Omnisphere 2.5 is most definitely a Keyscape update too.
    Having 4 layers, all that new modulation, and the new analog waveforms adds profoundly to the sonic possibilities of Keyscape, Trilian, and any instruments Spectrasonics brings out that work within Omnisphere.

And all this for free! Most users would have happily paid $50 or even $100 for this. It makes one wonder what Omnisphere 3 will be.

• Dreadbox-Polyend Medusa has pads with individual XYZ sensors - could be interesting as a controller for IOS apps, in addition to the built-in functionality.

• edited May 2018

• Quite taken by the Behringer Odyssey and the Pro One but was really hoping for a VCS3 clone. Was planning on getting the Pro One but as the Oddy has fx and keys think this may be first in line. Was really hoping for just about any drum machine other than another 808. CR78, TR77, Linn drum etc. clone would be have been far more interesting for me. Kind of inevitable it would be the 808.
    Prophet X fantastic but well out of my paygrade.

• edited May 2018

I finally now want my first hardware synth. I even consider now something like the Moog Subsequent 37 CV which is not cheap but also for sure a very high quality midi controller (especially now in combo with Omnisphere 2).
    First time a software want me to get hardware and not the opposite :)
    I changed my mind also in this case where i thought why i should spend a grand+ for a hardware synth when there are cheaper similar sounding options. But now i consider to pay the bill to get a really solid build and long lasting hardware to control also most of my software synths.
    I mean i would pay a grand maybe too if someone made a really high quality midi out only controller which is layout like an actual synth and not like most useless general midi controller out there which are more like mixers rather than synths. F.e. a Prophet X without the sound engine and the 8dio samples would be the right thing for me now.
    Now when i see f.e. the Subsequent 37 CV isn´t even soooo expensive (compared to a full blown iPad or computer) if the build quality is really as good as expected. And of course you get a "real" Moog on top with THAT sound i love.
    As great as the Behringer looks f.e. i think that there might be a big major different if you also use it as hardware controller. Not sure if they even output 14 bit midi like most of the Moogs.
    The Roland System 8 even looks nice as well but i much prefer BIG knobs over sliders on hardware. But that thing looks like stolen from a Borg ship.....in a good way :)
    I also thought about "cheap" Moog like the Sub Phatty.
    Oh damn.....i guess i´m really close to my first hardware synth very soon.....scared where that ends.

• Hi Cib,
    If you are close to your first hardware synth I applaud you. :smile:

I have quite a few hardware synths, went on a spree for a few years, bought all used and tried to buy according to sounds that I wanted to achieve to avoid redundancy. I have analog, some virtual analog, old Yammy vector synth, newish Doepfer ... etc. Lots of great stuff that I scarcely have time to figure out. A good problem to have, but I build my own frustration.

But now to my point - I recently traded some gear and acquired a minty fresh Korg Monologue. For me, this thing is a gem. I can actually see how my sound is shaped and the layout of the synth makes alot of sense to me. This is big for me as I'm not a natural born synthesist, I come to it from the drums.

Anyhow, the sound is just fabulous. I love this little synth. And now, the mini keys don't bother me at all since playing with all of these minikeys on the ipad screen. HA! I have been dreaming of acquiring a Minilogue since they came out and this Monologue convinced me to finally get one. I think having these synths and being able to understand them will greatly aid in my understanding of synthesis in general.

All the best on whatever hardware synth you acquire. It's so much fun!!

• @kinkujin said:
    Hi Cib,
    If you are close to your first hardware synth I applaud you. :smile:

I have quite a few hardware synths, went on a spree for a few years, bought all used and tried to buy according to sounds that I wanted to achieve to avoid redundancy. I have analog, some virtual analog, old Yammy vector synth, newish Doepfer ... etc. Lots of great stuff that I scarcely have time to figure out. A good problem to have, but I build my own frustration.

But now to my point - I recently traded some gear and acquired a minty fresh Korg Monologue. For me, this thing is a gem. I can actually see how my sound is shaped and the layout of the synth makes alot of sense to me. This is big for me as I'm not a natural born synthesist, I come to it from the drums.

Anyhow, the sound is just fabulous. I love this little synth. And now, the mini keys don't bother me at all since playing with all of these minikeys on the ipad screen. HA! I have been dreaming of acquiring a Minilogue since they came out and this Monologue convinced me to finally get one. I think having these synths and being able to understand them will greatly aid in my understanding of synthesis in general.

All the best on whatever hardware synth you acquire. It's so much fun!!

Interesting, thank´s!
    I also had a look at the Minilogue (especially that this will be supported too in Omnisphere 2).
    I must say i don´t like mini keys. But more important are high quality knobs to tweak and i also don´t like cheap plastic on hardware. The Minilogue is aluminium, or? How does it feel? I´m not sure if it would have enough knobs.
    The price seems O.K. but then for "just" about 2.5 X the price i get a full blown Subsequent 37 CV which would be my current favorite so far since it seems to have high quality build, large knobs, a good keybed with velocity and aftertouch as well as 14 bit midi plus the CV connections for further things.
    I still have to think about that in depth but i guess i need finally at least one good hardware controller.
    So far i just use my Seaboard Rise 25, iPhone and macbook pro. I also had an iPad Air and while touch screens can be great i much much prefer real knobs (if they are not some loose plastic thingies).
    I had a Samson Graphite 49 which is great for the price but not quite a great synth layout (like most midi controllers which seems more made for mixer and/or DAW control).
    Of course an usb powered thing would be great too.
    I´m undecided but i know i want something for sure ;) And since i joined the Omnisphere 2.5 beta even more now :)

• edited May 2018

The build quality on the Monologue is surprisingly good for what one is paying. The minilogue I don't have yet, but it's hard plastic body, alum top, wood back (decorative but cool). I would not put these Korgs in the same market as the Moog though. These are more "synth of the people" and I think the Moog is more "dream synth of the people". At least for me. I got my Minilogue for close to 400 used (mint) and the Moog goes for what ... 1500 or more? This link is 1799.00 u.s. http://www.proaudiostar.com/moog-subsequent-37-cv.html

One day I may have a Moog. But at this point in my synth career (hehehe) I will stick with lower cost and different flavors. That Moog looks absolutely gorgeous! And I'll bet it sounds just as gorgeous. If you get that you'll be in synth heaven. I'm a guy who believes in spending as much as you can afford on one or two really good tools and for you that may be it. Good luck my friend!

• edited May 2018

@kinkujin said:
    The build quality on the Monologue is surprisingly good for what one is paying. The minilogue I don't have yet, but it's hard plastic body, alum top, wood back (decorative but cool). I would not put these Korgs in the same market as the Moog though. These are more "synth of the people" and I think the Moog is more "dream synth of the people". At least for me. I got my Minilogue for close to 400 used (mint) and the Moog goes for what ... 1500 or more? This link is 1799.00 u.s. http://www.proaudiostar.com/moog-subsequent-37-cv.html

One day I may have a Moog. But at this point in my synth career (hehehe) I will stick with lower cost and different flavors. That Moog looks absolutely gorgeous! And I'll bet it sounds just as gorgeous. If you get that you'll be in synth heaven. I'm a guy who believes in spending as much as you can afford on one or two really good tools and for you that may be it. Good luck my friend!

Thank´s :)
    I´m just a half talented hobbyist and i shouldn´t maybe spend a dollar on music tools but i just love it and it makes me happy and recently i felt very bad most of the time and thought why i shouldn´t invest in a little dream until it´s too late and i regret it. I mean i guess you even can easy resell these hardware synths for a good price if you get rid of them and they are still in a good condition.
    An iPhone and an iPad with the right amount of space for me cost me the same as a Subsequent 37 CV.
    So do i need any of it....no....but i make extra hours at work and don´t go on holiday to afford these things instead.
    Is that crazy? Maybe, but i mean i guess i have a lot fun for years with such a tool while f.e. a proper 2 week holiday would cost me same and i even couldn´t enjoy that really because of some issues.
    So yeah, i have the luck to live in a first world country but for sure wouldn´t count me to the people here with better income. I have to decide between things and music production tools are high on the list.....right after food and even before buying new clothes :)
    An old man at work just told me some time ago something like just do what makes you happy and you won´t regret it but you will regret what could have make you more happy and you thought it was not worth the price.

• An old man at work just told me some time ago something like just do what makes you happy and you won´t regret it but you will regret what could have make you more happy and you thought it was not worth the price.

Cib - I could be looking in the mirror and talking to myself here. I never buy new clothes, rarely take a vacation ... I agree with your friend at work! If this synth is going to do what you need, then I think you should get it. Buy it today and don't look back. Enjoy the living hell out of it. Go into your music space and live your dream.

I'm like you in that I'm a semi talented hobbyist, maybe half talented (?) and do this for fun and to take me away from what I believe is a totally crazy and messed up world. Art is the most important thing to me and I consider artists my heroes. And though I rarely achieve what I would consider art, it is the pursuit of those moments that keeps me working. Keeps me buying, keeps me researching.

I am also in the position to need to get the kids to college, clothes, food, basketball, etc. I need to maintain perspective. Hence, the Korg Mini. HAHA Maybe one day the Korg Prologue or the Moog! Always looking to the future.

Enjoy your journey my friend.

• edited May 2018

Another Monologue owner here. Its keyboard is not designed for playing Debussy, Rachinamoff, etc. to be sure, but it feels more solid than other 25-key synths, and the sound and functionality is very good for the money. It's also my IOS synth controller, most of the time. I have the KMI Qunexus on standby if I want poly aftertouch, but the Monologue is just more fun.

I had a Moog Voyager a few years ago, but wasn't really using it's capabilities (touch plate, extensive modulation bus/matrix, etc.) enough to justify keeping it, so I sold it to get simpler, cheaper synths like the Monologue, FX pedals, etc. The Moog sound is iconic, and I understand why peeps are drawn to it, but I didn't mind moving in a different direction, soundwise.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Another Monologue owner here. Its keyboard is not designed for playing Debussy, Rachinamoff, etc. to be sure, but it feels more solid than other 25-key synths, and the sound and functionality is very good for the money. It's also my IOS synth controller, most of the time. I have the KMI Qunexus on standby if I want poly aftertouch, but the Monologue is just more fun.

I had a Moog Voyager a few years ago, but wasn't really using it's capabilities (touch plate, extensive modulation bus/matrix, etc.) enough to justify keeping it, so I sold it to get simpler, cheaper synths like the Monologue, FX pedals, etc. The Moog sound is iconic, and I understand why peeps are drawn to it, but I didn't mind moving in a different direction, soundwise.

Nice. Now i would even like that they make a controller only for half the price or so.
    The Omnisphere hardware integration might not be something totally new (or maybe it is?) but this really is something i´m really excited about and i could imagine some companies thinking about making better controllers for synths or even controllers which could mimic several hardware set-ups then etc.
    Maybe i sell some plug-ins and one kidney to get there :)

• Yeah, it's too bad Moog gave up on the touchplate idea - sensitive to XY position as well as finger area as a substitute for pressure, and much more durable than a lot of other XY controllers. I understand though that other makers have pursued similar ideas in the modular synth world.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Yeah, it's too bad Moog gave up on the touchplate idea - sensitive to XY position as well as finger area as a substitute for pressure, and much more durable than a lot of other XY controllers. I understand though that other makers have pursued similar ideas in the modular synth world.

There is quite a lot going on in the modular and especially eurorack format world. Interesting that U-he starts to make a module too (and an interesting one as well).
    But entering the modular hardware world is a no-go for me since it would never end and i don´t have place for walls of modular racks :D

• @Lurcher said:
    Quite taken by the Behringer Odyssey and the Pro One but was really hoping for a VCS3 clone. Was planning on getting the Pro One but as the Oddy has fx and keys think this may be first in line. Was really hoping for just about any drum machine other than another 808. CR78, TR77, Linn drum etc. clone would be have been far more interesting for me. Kind of inevitable it would be the 808.
    Prophet X fantastic but well out of my paygrade.

I'm a little confused by which of these products Behringer is actually intending to release. I'm sort of a newcomer to whole world of synths, but this is so different than NAMM, where the idea is to unveiled finished concepts that will be at market very soon. Behringer had that accidental news release in December about a couple dozen synths they were looking to clone, pulled it back, and then they show up at Superbooth with a bunch of prototypes with apparently no full commitment to produce any of them.

I don't own any Behringer synths yet, but they've built up some good will with me (gradually) with their affordable interfaces. I've been liking the Roland Boutique series - they take a lot of heat for being "glorified VST's in a hardware box", but I picked up a TR-08 because I just wanted to own something with the workflow and feel of a vintage hardware device. They nail that - and most of the sound quality - along with an affordable price tag, battery powered portability, and some modern innovations/sensibilities.

@kinkujin said:

I like the Minilogue. It's the "nicest" synth I own, the rest being stuff like the Volcas and just a couple of the Roland boxes. The Minilogue represents the nicest synth I can really justify for my ability level, given how powerful and wide-ranging the iOS options we have already are. It's built one, and I'm slowly learning how to program it. I like the 200 preset slots and the SH-101 style sequencer.

• @Cib said:

There is quite a lot going on in the modular and especially eurorack format world. Interesting that U-he starts to make a module too (and an interesting one as well).
    But entering the modular hardware world is a no-go for me since it would never end and i don´t have place for walls of modular racks :D

I have the same concerns. I'm not allowing myself to invest in any Eurorack or other modular hardware until I've made decent progress in Audulus, zMors Modular, or other modular app.