Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playback of music from YouTube or other apps alongside Audiobus 3

I currently use Audiobus 2 and am trying out Audiobus 3. I noticed that I can't seem to play any music from YouTube, Google Drive or my radio app while in AB3 although I am able to do it in AB2. Is there a setting that can be turned off or on in AB3 to give it this functionality which currently exists in AB2?

Comments

• Pretty sure YouTube requires a Red subscription to play in the background.
    Spotify works, but you have to re-trigger the playback after opening AB3.. probably the same for your other radio apps.
    Start playing the music app, open AB3 (the audio will stop), then swipe up on the bottom of the screen and click play in the mini controller in control center to resume playback. Switch back to AB3 and the music should still be playing.

• Thanks, @_mwallace. Re-triggering my music playback apps got things working again. So the only difference from AB2 in this regard is that I now have to retrigger it. I can live with that. :smiley:

• edited May 2018

MusicStreamer is supposed to do this, but last time I checked, the last AB3 update had messed things up.

App well worth getting for streaming, and I’m sure they will sort out the AB problems. Then, we can stream from a NAS or other source into AB3. Fab.