Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Acoustic slide guitar tune

edited April 2018 in Creations

Built the guitar last year. . . . . . Practiced each day for around a year. . . . .

‘Cookes Galliard’

Recorded with:

Home made Weissenborn guitar.
Studio Projects C1 mic.
Fishman Rare Earth Blend pickup.
iConnect 4+
Cubasis.
Virsyn Audio Reverb.

Wizibel for the video effects.
Lumafusion.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• edited April 2018

Just listened and it’s fresh, bright and wonderful to listen to!! Thanks for sharing

• Great!!
    Very good playing!
    Bravo!

• Thanks both. Very happy you liked it.

• Did you actually build this guitar? Fantastic!

• Lol, I got a weissenborn for Christmas, built by a friend. I’m learning. It’s hard. I’m building an electric lap steel.

That sounds fantastic. How did you record it, mic placement and mics? Is that open D tuning?

• That is beautifully recorded, performed and the mix of the Fishman Pickup & the large diaphragm mic sounds so sweet. Was the slide a Coricidan bottle type or regular glass? I guess it could be brass or porcelain but on those notes you play on the IV chord changes the tone is so round & full, no spikes are overdone rattling. Really good shit man!

Listened twice in a row with my 7506 headphones and the track is really beautiful...if you wrote the piece makes it all the more cool.

• @theconnactic
    @rickwaugh
    @JRSIV

Thanks for the interest, its appreciated. Yes I made the instrument. Its a lap steel slide based on the Weissenborn guitar. I collected the materials from a friends wood shop and built it at my school where I currently work as a Design Technology teacher.
    The slide bar is a stainless steel type Shubb SP2. The strings are John Pearse strings. Its all open D, but the middle section I adopt a rather interesting technique of using bass string frets to allow the bass note to drop while still playing the slide up higher for the chords. Its a neat trick used by Ed Gerhard on his ‘Homage’ track. You essentially play the bass notes behind the slide bar.
    I wrote the tune after watching a childrens cartoon called ‘Abney and Teal’. I have another version with harmonica playing with it. I just dont have that version with video yet.

This is the guitar and you can see the process on my face ache page if your interested.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1876521775995280.1073741832.100009124265559&type=1&l=868537a114

Be happy to share more info Rick if you wanted some advice etc.

Thank you for the kind compliments :)

David

• Amazing story and great performance!

• edited April 2018

that sums it up pretty well B)
    Nice mix, too - I assume the pan movement is driven by the slide action, it fits perfectly.

• Yes the pan effect is from the mix of mag pickup and mic placement :)

Thanks rich and tele :)

• So damn cool. Thanks brother for the rundown, really fascinating bit of creativity. You built the guitar (with kit parts or not, that's impressive), wrote the tune and engineered & produced it. Well done...

• Fantastic! Would love to hear the version with harmonica.

• With the Harmonica :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t1np0k59qxtm6s/Cookes Galliard with Fillipo.wav?dl=0

No kit parts. Just off the shelf pickup and tuners from ebay

• Very nice. They fit well together!

• @dblonde, thanks. I was wondering about Mic placement.

• Here's mine. My friend had been building for a few years, but this is his first weissenborn. All koa.

• Very nice tune and playing. Perfect for a Sunday morning!

• edited April 2018

@rickwaugh
    Yes thats very special indeed, all koa too :)
    Your very lucky to have that. Must have cost a bit? I made mine because I had no funds to put towards one.
    Yours reminds me of the one Thomas Oliver plays.

Mine is pine top, and its sriped due to the many sections I had to glue together to get a soundboard out of it. If I could ever afford Koa then I would be VERY happy also.

• edited April 2018

@dblonde said:
    With the Harmonica :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t1np0k59qxtm6s/Cookes
    Very nice indeed :)

• @dblonde said:
    @rickwaugh
    Yes thats very special indeed, all koa too :)
    Your very lucky to have that. Must have cost a bit? I made mine because I had no funds to put towards one.
    Yours reminds me of the one Thomas Oliver plays.

Mine is pine top, and its sriped due to the many sections I had to glue together to get a soundboard out of it. If I could ever afford Koa then I would be VERY happy also.

Not sure, as my eldest daughter had it made. My friend doesn't charge much for labor, as he's still learning. So not outrageous. I think he got the koa stash for a good price. It's the traditional wood for these instruments.

• Well for someone learning it sure looks the part. I was aware of Koa but the price is high because its now a protected material just like mahogany etc. Would love to hear it also, hint hint :)

• @dblonde said:
    Well for someone learning it sure looks the part. I was aware of Koa but the price is high because its now a protected material just like mahogany etc. Would love to hear it also, hint hint :)

Lol. I’m behind you by quite a bit. As soon as I can play something listenable, I’ll record it. It’s a whole new world of technique, as you know.

• Wow! Loved the track. Great playing and wonderful, natural organic sound.