Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Model D Update: And then there was Velocity and Aftertouch

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Awesome update!

One thing the bugs me is that the Y-Axis on the built-in keyboard is 'flipped' compared to most other on-screen keyboards, this only affects the keyboard in Model D app as it works perfectly with Cubasis and AUM keyboards :)

• edited April 2018

@Samu said:
    Awesome update!

One thing the bugs me is that the Y-Axis on the built-in keyboard is 'flipped' compared to most other on-screen keyboards, this only affects the keyboard in Model D app as it works perfectly with Cubasis and AUM keyboards :)

Well, it also isn´t great to perform on screen for me with most virtual keys. I often get jumps in values and the resolution seems not very high mostly. Velocity played trough a good velocity sensitive controller is a million times better.
    I like Mitosynth the most here since it also can combine velocity with volume (CC7) and whatever and you can change volume per voice after your first hit. This gives a great natural and dynamic feel.
    I mean everything which offer a high resolution and let you assign what you want to the X, Y and Z axis is the best option of course.
    I remember the Nave blades are great (but not polyphonic on all axis).

• Oh and running it at 96Khz is awesome (but my iPhone 6S plus can´t handle it at 128 buffer, but 256 works fine).

• @Cib said:
    Oh and running it at 96Khz is awesome (but my iPhone 6S plus can´t handle it at 128 buffer, but 256 works fine).

As far as I know iPhones max out at 48Khz so using 96Khz would mean that CoreAudio has to down-sample it before playback?!

Still I do wonder why iPhones default to recording audio at 44.1Khz when recording video when 48K is de-facto video standard?!

Now I'm just waiting for Cubasis 2.4.1 to drop so I can use freeze with Model D in Cubasis.
    (It works when Cubasis is set to use 96K though and the preferences settings have no effect on the AUv3).

• Is the AppStore being mean to Cubasis? Seems a little long for the update to get approved. Maybe because it is a big app and takes longer to test it?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I feel like a doof again, but wheres the dedicated LFO speed setting after the update? It seems to have gone or moved.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I feel like a doof again, but wheres the dedicated LFO speed setting after the update? It seems to have gone or moved.

Under the plat button.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I feel like a doof again, but wheres the dedicated LFO speed setting after the update? It seems to have gone or moved.

It‘s still there for me....where it was before.

• @oat_phipps said:

You are probably just zoomed in.
    You doof. :)

• Great update. Cheers @MoogMusicInc

• Anyone know if there is a way to save the aftertouch/velocity preferences universally without overwriting each individual preset? When I switch presets aftertouch and velocity each default to the off position.

• I think CC maps were already in the patches when using the AU since I've used CC maps since the app was released (for my EWI) and noticed them functioning in whichever DAW I was using, even though there's no way to get to the Model D MIDI settings from the AU. This must make it explicit.

Downloading update now.

• @Ben said:
    Anyone know if there is a way to save the aftertouch/velocity preferences universally without overwriting each individual preset? When I switch presets aftertouch and velocity each default to the off position.

I don't think so but I like this idea. Sort of puts the power back in the user's hands. Of course, you have the power to change it per preset but sometimes there are things you are pretty much sure you want as a default, no matter the patch, no matter the patch creator. Bonus version of this would be if it could be quickly toggled between using the preset's settings and the user default settings.

• Native support in new GeoShred update too, neato.