Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

High Sierra ITunes file sharing with Audioshare problem

Have just ‘upgraded ‘ to latest High Sierra on the Macbook, and the old method of backing up Audioshare via iTunes file sharing no longer works. The macbook used to display a list of file sharing apps on the ipad, and you could upload from there. In high sierra there is no longer a list of file sharing apps. Any ideas? I want to be able to use my ipad loops and creations in Ableton

Comments

• You could always use the Share function in AudioShare and AirDrop the files to you MacBook?
    Or enable the Wifi-Drive and import files using the web-browser on your Mac.

• Thanks Samu, I am much obliged, (and somewhat embarrassed as it’s obvious now you mention it)

• @Tickletiger said:
    Thanks Samu, I am much obliged, (and somewhat embarrassed as it’s obvious now you mention it)

No worries, we're all a bit 'blind' at some point :)

After AudioShare got the 'FileProvider' extension the point of keeping files in the 'iTunes Folder' became a bit redundant. The iTunes/iCloud backup still backups all files on the device even those one can not directly see.

I use the 'Share/Action Sheet' most of the time to directly send files to my MacBook (or from iPhone <-> iPad).
    I also use AirDrop to send files from the Mac to the iPad/iPhone since I'm too lazy to hook up a cable and use iFunBox or iTunes.

• Any ideas why audiocopy shows just 2 files in my itunes? I have a bunch of sounds in it, thought it should be all or none.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Any ideas why audiocopy shows just 2 files in my itunes? I have a bunch of sounds in it, thought it should be all or none.

It's simply because iTunes can not show sub-folders.
    If you browse to the AudioCopy.apps folder using other software you'll see all the folders.

• @Samu ah ha thanks!

• @1nsomniak said:
    @Samu ah ha thanks!

If you're wondering about AudioShare it stores the files in a 'Storage Container' in order to be able to share them using the iOS FileProvider (and also transparently share them with AUM). Files stored in those storage containers can not be accessed using iTunes.

AudioShare still has the 'iTunes File Sharing' folder and content from that folder can be seen from iTunes.