Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Super rich, warm pads - suggestions?

I use many sounds and apps live, but I need a super warm, rich pad to sit under a piano (Ravenscroft). My favourite app for this sound is Thor, but no IAA or AU, and unuseable patch change effects noises make it a little unuseable live - any suggestions? ( LayR not quite rich and warm enough for these sounds, model D only 4 note polyphonic). Any suggesions?

Comments

• Thor has iaa.

• Nave?

Animoog?

• @cian said:
    Thor has iaa.

Generator, not instrument

• iSymphonic has many good options for this scenario.

• Did you see Syntronik? Is not cheap but it has great pads.

• TF8 for great reverb included and best string sounds.
    Otherwise my answer is now mostly Model D since it sounds so rich smooth and creamy.
    Best filter emulation ever!

• Synthmaster Player and Mitosynth.

• Yep.....Mitosynth.

• Korg’s iMono/Poly can work as an IAA synth.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    iSymphonic has many good options for this scenario.

this .. straightforward and easy

• Under Ravencroft, Sopronotron with delay/verb sounds sublime.

• Twin 2, but I don't know if I trust it for live use.

• Thanks all for the suggestions. Keep them coming - anyone with experience of synthscaper?

• ISEM, NS1, zeeon, poison 202, KASPAR. All great for pads. Poison 202 has a supersaw, when put through a low pass filter and some reverb, sounds amazing for mellow ambient pads.

• @rhaley said:
    Thanks all for the suggestions. Keep them coming - anyone with experience of synthscaper?

It is a great app, but it is not what you’re looking for in the case you’ve described.

• edited April 2018

It’s limited, but try Pads by Klevgr. There are a couple wav forms that are warm, sawtooth types.

• Sunrizer is good for pads, it's got iaa support but no au.

• Lisbon in Gadget.

• encenc
    edited April 2018

Sunrizer has some great pads but it's become rather unstable
    Phoenix in gadget.

• Synthscaper

• @rhaley said:
    Thanks all for the suggestions. Keep them coming - anyone with experience of synthscaper?

Synthscaper is not really a synth but a sample blender with an UI made by aliens, but lucky it has a great working randomize button and automatic sample tuner for imported sounds. Mitosynth is a synth and sample blender in 1 with almost unlimited assignable lfo/envelope's for each control (per note, chord, global and free run). Nothing beats Mitosynth for creating slow evolving pads transforming from one sound into the other. Granular synthesis is also great for warm pads (ipulsaret, tardigrain), but need to retune your imported sounds. Sunrizer also an awesome morphing synth with a lot of filters to shape your sound and tons of great free presets.

• I wanted a fairly simple but natural warm sound. I use iSymphony very extensively for acoustic textures, but just played around with using it in a seperate channel with low pass filters (looking forward to its update with faster loading sounds in AU), and actually cutting the top off around 175Hz, actually gives loads of variatnts of ‘that sound’ with all the soundpacks I’ve bought of choirs and orchestras and the like - heavily filtering them gets me in the silky warm window without synthetic choruses. Very happy about that. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Having said that, I did make me discover synthscaper, I like what I’ve heard of that too - for a different sound texture.

• I can't believe I hadn't played with this before - but with low pass filter in AUM at 175Hz - ALL the sounds in iSymphonic now have a different purpose - event those annoying patches which were layered of two instruments, which always seemed a waste to me, now take on a different character - and the brasses now have an Oberheim character - This is fun!

Just can't wait for the 2.1 iSymphonic update.

• @rhaley said:
    I can't believe I hadn't played with this before - but with low pass filter in AUM at 175Hz - ALL the sounds in iSymphonic now have a different purpose - event those annoying patches which were layered of two instruments, which always seemed a waste to me, now take on a different character - and the brasses now have an Oberheim character - This is fun!

Just can't wait for the 2.1 iSymphonic update.

You found the sweet spot!

• Cassini does IAA and is very nice for pads too.

• I’m surprised that nobody has suggested LayR, which has some absolutely wonderful pads, especially by Brice Beasley. Check out #35 Numerator Expand in the Brice Beasley Cinematics preset bank. Luscious!

• Any of these:
    Model 15
    MiniMoog Model D
    Zeeon
    Layr

• synthesizer/id1155545387?l=sv&ls=1&mt=8

good choice too.. although I love im1