Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Phosphor 2 only working in AU form

Hi all, sorry to make my first post a tech support request, buuuut:

I just downloaded Phosphor 2 to my iPad Pro, and I can’t seem to get it to make any sounds as a stand-alone app. When I first open the app and press a key, it will emit a click, and then makes no more noise.

However, running it through AB3 as an Audio Unit seems to work fine.

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• I just opened it standalone and had no problem with it. Reinstall it or just say the hell with it, it was meant to be an AU anyway.

• Hah, that worked! I’ve never needed to reinstall an iOS app before, so it totally wasn’t in my playbook; if this were a PC app, that would’ve been one of my first moves.

I feel like such a noob now 😅

• Not for long though. This isn’t too hard to figure out. I see you are coming from PC. I did as well. If you have the whole file management nightmare of iOS figured out, you are in a good spot. The other weirdness is the whole “AudioCopy, AudioShare, Audiobus, and now AUM as well” confusion. And IAA/Audiobus vs. AU vs. No Connectivity is another thing you should be aware of.

Seriously, if you have any questions, fire away. This forum will make the transition much easier for you.

• @CracklePot said:
    Not for long though. This isn’t too hard to figure out. I see you are coming from PC. I did as well. If you have the whole file management nightmare of iOS figured out, you are in a good spot. The other weirdness is the whole “AudioCopy, AudioShare, Audiobus, and now AUM as well” confusion. And IAA/Audiobus vs. AU vs. No Connectivity is another thing you should be aware of.

Seriously, if you have any questions, fire away. This forum will make the transition much easier for you.

And Midi. iOS Midi can be damned obtuse for such an otherwise intuitive environment.

• @wim said:

@CracklePot said:
    Not for long though. This isn’t too hard to figure out. I see you are coming from PC. I did as well. If you have the whole file management nightmare of iOS figured out, you are in a good spot. The other weirdness is the whole “AudioCopy, AudioShare, Audiobus, and now AUM as well” confusion. And IAA/Audiobus vs. AU vs. No Connectivity is another thing you should be aware of.

And Midi. iOS Midi can be damned obtuse for such an otherwise intuitive environment.

Haha, thanks both! I've run into a few of those already, and either found a workaround or recognised that there's nothing to fix it (atm).