Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VOLT Expressive Midi Synthesizer with AUv3 - OUT NOW - Demo for the iPad

Here is my new video for VOLT, it's just epic

You can get VOLT Synthesizer here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/volt-synth/id1185984394?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• This thing looks so great. POLYPHONIC distortion is what i need in a synth. It´s the best thing since sliced bread!!
    Thank´s Doug for doing all this great videos and you are so fast to put them out.
    Maybe we should donate you a Seaboard Rise to play with.......

• Nice!

I'll try to compile a list of 'issues' I've bumped into so far...

• The 'iOS Dock'(under iOS11) interferes (laggy response) with the lower part of the keyboard.
    • The 'Saw' oscillator doesn't play lower notes than A#2 and It turns into a triangle-like wave, changing the wave-shape from saw->square turns it back into a saw-like shape but higher notes will then play a square.
    • The saw-wave (with 0 setting) is affected by the pulse width?!
    • When LFO is set to 'Audio Rate' the numerical feedback doesn't reflect the actual frequency.

I don't know if an update has already been submitted but time will tell...

It does sound great though :)

• Is it iPad only?

• Does it support GB’s “MPE” in AU mode?

• @Cib I know the distortion is very good and very controllable too, my little Seaboard Block is great, I just try that with the Model D too

• @Keenan I think it's iPad only

• It is iPad only. Great synth mind been beta testing for a while, has a certain unique- ness about it!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Cib I know the distortion is very good and very controllable too, my little Seaboard Block is great, I just try that with the Model D too

Thank´s. There are a lot things which really just shine with a proper polyphonic distortion like organic sounds similar to saxophones and wonderful distorted guitar sounds etc. Especially in combination with higher filter resonance it can be awesome.
    I also love me some poly distorted pads. Did i say i love distortion? Yes, i do!! :)

• I’m having quite a problem seeing the interface. Anyone know if you can change the colour scheme?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m having quite a problem seeing the interface. Anyone know if you can change the colour scheme?

As far as I know no. I've e-mailed developer with some of the issues I've bumped in to so far (waiting for a reply).
    I don't get the same 'feeling/vibe' for VOLT as I get with Model D.

Now if there was a Prophet 5/Pro One 'app' out there with a simple UI I'd be all in :)

• @Cib I think you like distortion, I don’t know why I'm thinkin’ that 😉

• edited March 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @Cib I think you like distortion, I don’t know why I'm thinkin’ that 😉

Lol...but like spice you should handle that with care and it taste good.....otherwise your food taste too salty.

• Are all features available in AUV3 (especially ARP)?

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m having quite a problem seeing the interface. Anyone know if you can change the colour scheme?

As far as I know no. I've e-mailed developer with some of the issues I've bumped in to so far (waiting for a reply).

Now if there was a Prophet 5/Pro One 'app' out there with a simple UI I'd be all in :)

I lost my first preset by pressing the wrong thing. Seems decent, but if I’m struggling to see it, I’m sure some others are too. Yep, early days, but not that instant feeling I got with Model D. Maybe I will if I can see the thing lol

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Keenan I think it's iPad only

That’s a shame, hopefully they can make it universal sometime. For now I’ll pass on this one then... although I haven’t watched your video yet, I’m usually swayed once I’ve seen you demo most synths. :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

I lost my first preset by pressing the wrong thing. Seems decent, but if I’m struggling to see it, I’m sure some others are too. Yep, early days, but not that instant feeling I got with Model D. Maybe I will if I can see the thing lol

I'll try to keep communication open with the developer, so far I've been asked to be part of the future betas so things are cooking and hopefully we can make things happen :)

• DCJDCJ
    edited March 2018

Lost my first preset hitting the wrong button as well. This thing is pretty fun to program, but seeing that none of my presets show up in the AU version is frustrating. I think relying on individual host management is a PIA if you ever want to use your custom sounds anywhere other than where you created them. I just don’t feel like the user should ever have to worry about this.

edit: *PITA :#

• @DCJ said:
    Lost my first preset hitting the wrong button as well. This thing is pretty fun to program, but seeing that none of my presets show up in the AU version is frustrating. I think relying on individual host management is a PIA if you ever want to use your custom sounds anywhere other than where you created them. I just don’t feel like the user should ever have to worry about this.

I have already forward the AUv3 preset thing to the developer. Hopefully the outcome is positive.
    (ie. presets should be accessible in both AUv3 and stand alone).

I'll try to focus on the stability first before I start to create presets :)

• Does somebody know if this is an introduction price?

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Nailed it. “‘Something” is missing with this one. No idea what.

• I had read somewhere that it was going to support iPhone. Since it is iPad-only out of the gate, I'm hoping it goes Universal..... and here I was ready to buy... :neutral:

• Thanks, @Samu!

• edited March 2018

Thinking about it.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I bought it at $7.99 went through the whole purchase process and now it wants me to buy it again at $8.99??! What up????

These iPads know appaholics ;)
    Great fan of Italizer, so this sounding good too....

• :D

Yeah only thing is that one wxtra buck now prevents me from getting Pro-L2 upgrade. That’s why I think I’m gonna Sit this one out.

@midiSequencer said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I bought it at $7.99 went through the whole purchase process and now it wants me to buy it again at $8.99??! What up????

These iPads know appaholics ;)
    Great fan of Italizer, so this sounding good too....

• edited March 2018

@brice said:

@Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Nailed it. “‘Something” is missing with this one. No idea what.

I want to like this synth...but somethings feels off about it. Guess I might not be a fan of the tinniness or distortion effect on a lot of the patches.

Guess I'll need to wait for the layr update and see some more demos from users on Volt...

It does look cool though...just not sounding right for the type of music I compose....

• edited March 2018

*** WARNING *** This thing doesn't work properly with earplugs connected connected via the lightening port (I'm using Libratone's noise cancelling earplugs) - there's lots of intrusive crackles and noise in many many of the patches. This cracking and noise does not occur if using earplugs which are connected via the jackplug.

Its not my earplugs that are at fault, they work perfectly with 50+ other apps. I had an identical problem to this with Magellan (its just not possible to use Magellan with any lightening connected earplug/earphones, they admitted on their website forum this was a fundamental lack of support within the app for that and apologized.).
    I hope this is a bug in Volt that will be fixed if a future update rather than something more fundamental as it is with Magellan. I haven't tried Volt with Apple lightening earplugs, but Magellan doesn't work with Apple's.

So if you only have lightening earphones etc. purchase with caution, or monitor for future bug fixes/or support from the developer.

• @mungbeans said:
    *** WARNING *** This thing doesn't work properly with earplugs connected connected via the lightening port (I'm using Libratone's noise cancelling earplugs) - there's lots of intrusive crackles and noise in many many of the patches. This cracking and noise does not occur if using earplugs which are connected via the jackplug.

Its not my earplugs that are at fault, they work perfectly with 50+ other apps. I had an identical problem to this with Magellan (its just not possible to use Magellan with any lightening connected earplug/earphones, they admitted on their website forum this was a fundamental lack of support within the app for that and apologized.).
    I hope this is a bug in Volt that will be fixed if a future update rather than something more fundamental as it is with Magellan. I haven't tried Volt with Apple lightening earplugs, but Magellan doesn't work with Apple's.

So if you only have lightening earphones etc. purchase with caution, or monitor for future bug fixes/or support from the developer.

This is an annoying problem with several apps due to the fact that the lightening port forces a 48k sample rate. Some apps have trouble switching from 44.1k or just can’t handle 48k. It’s been a constant source of frustration for me.

• @mungbeans said:

I have same behaviour, I have speakers connected to lightning port (my jack port is dead). However it's working fine in an AU host.

• edited March 2018

@Manou

I have same behaviour, I have speakers connected to lightning port (my jack port is dead). However it's working fine in an AU host.

I tried it in Cubasis and (apart from the fact it crashed and broke Cubasis) I still had the cracking noise.

What host did you use?