Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Roll Editor that can slice and glue notes?

In some desktop DAWs you can select a bunch of notes and slices them to smaller size (from 1/4 to 1/8 for example) or glue them together (from 1/8 to 1/4 for example).

Is there some Piano Roll editor for iOS that can do this?

Comments

• Does not seem to be possible.

Sad thing :'(

• i think MTS has a 'convert longer note into X shorter notes' function? I don't have my iPad with me right now. I seem to recall converting a quarter note to three triplets.

• @JonLewis said:
    i think MTS has a 'convert longer note into X shorter notes' function? I don't have my iPad with me right now. I seem to recall converting a quarter note to three triplets.

Indeed, MTS has an option to split a note into equal parts (you can choose how many) or merge different notes into one note.

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Damn

The next App I need :o

Thank you very much!!!

• I think you can do this in xequence. Check the manual.

• I can do it one by one in Cubasis. :)

• @cian I don’t think it’s possible in Xequence but @SevenSystems is really responsive and might be able to implement that feature.

• @tja @cian you cannot do this directly in Xequence, however you can easily create many notes of the same length by selecting a single note and then "Magic Wand" -> "Fill part" (it will use the current grid setting as the distance between the created notes. So for example if you wanted to create 16th notes that have 16th pauses between them, you'd create a 16th note, set the grid to 8th, and then "Fill part".)

• Oh I thought he was asking to change the length of selected notes.

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Yep, slicing or glueing of selected notes - like in a Desktop DAW.

So, out of this

make this

And vice versa...
    Need that constantly.

Also, you can see how handy this is, when trying Odesi.
    Here you can just select different ways to slice your chords.

• @SevenSystems said:
    @tja @cian you cannot do this directly in Xequence, however you can easily create many notes of the same length by selecting a single note and then "Magic Wand" -> "Fill part" (it will use the current grid setting as the distance between the created notes. So for example if you wanted to create 16th notes that have 16th pauses between them, you'd create a 16th note, set the grid to 8th, and then "Fill part".)

Wowzers, them are some cool beans! Amazing function you described right there. B)