Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syntronik vs Soul Keys

Syntronik complete is on sale again. Soul Keys complete is still almost half it’s price, has more sounds and has professional co-signs.

Anyways, what say the community? If there can only be one and why?

Comments

• edited March 2018

It’s really not a fair question since we’re talkin synths vs. electric pianos.

But to play along, Neo-Soul Keys. They really captured an instrument and its nuances without it seeming gimmicky.

Syntronik loses because it’s not real synthesis, which I want out of my synth. I can settle for a ‘fake’ EP, but not a sampled synth with a decent number of basic presets (and no craziness, I need the wildness that a synth is capable of...even if I only use the crazy stuff in 5-10% of my tracks, it’s still 50% of the fun of having a synth)

• Actually the way that Syntronik is done, it is pretty much a full synth, just with sampled oscilators rather than modelled ones. Much wider scope for sounds and the layering of sounds with optionsl arps takes it to another level. That would get my vote.

• edited March 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    It’s really not a fair question since we’re talkin synths vs. electric pianos.

True. My fault folks. Also didn’t add that I already have Gadget complete except for the EP iaps in module so EP range of sounds is more of a hole in my set up. I have most of the “top” synths already. Trying to work through my Appoholism folks.

Thanks for your feedback @oat_phipps. Got you down for SK. I should have added a poll.

@PhilW said:
    Actually the way that Syntronik is done, it is pretty much a full synth, just with sampled oscilators rather than modelled ones. Much wider scope for sounds and the layering of sounds with optionsl arps takes it to another level. That would get my vote.

Thanks @PhilW. Gotcha for Syntronik. Good points with the layering and arp. So SK doesn’t have an arp. Damn.

Does it have a flat soft keyboard? Or just the skuemorphic ones in the App Store pics?

I really like Syntronik but see a lot of overlap with what’s possible in Gadget so leaning Soul Keys for the EPs because Module EP iaps are significantly more expensive...AND NOT AU.