Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a musical partner

edited March 2018 in Other

Let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Maarten, I’m 39 years old, I live in the southermost part of the Netherlands and I have been making music on IOS devices for about 7 years. My main instrument is guitar, both classical and electric. My musical interests are very diverse, ranging from different styles of metal to electronic ambient and soundscapes. Some of my influences are Cynic, Burzum, At the Gates, Ulver, Boards of Canada, Andreas Vollenweider, etc.

I’ve been noodling away on my own up till now, mostly getting stuck with short loops that never get finished and would like to collaborate with someone who also wants to make music that speaks to the soul.

Apart from music I have a background and interest in philosophy and would like to experiment with expressing this aspect of human existence in a musical manner. Are you interested in teaming up and would you like to exhange both thoughts and musical ideas? Then feel free to contact me.

You can check out some of my unfinished and unpolished musical ideas on my soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/maarten-schalley

Comments

• Like. IDK how we can collab but open to any form, mate.

• Hope it works out. I tried with @AndyPlankton and worked on some of his pieces then through my own fault went and lost the lot (no proper backup procedure). Maybe will give it a go again one day lol

• @Maarten said:
    Let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Maarten, I’m 39 years old, I live in the southermost part of the Netherlands and I have been making music on IOS devices for about 7 years. My main instrument is guitar, both classical and electric. My musical interests are very diverse, ranging from different styles of metal to electronic ambient and soundscapes. Some of my influences are Cynic, Burzum, At the Gates, Ulver, Boards of Canada, Andreas Vollenweider, etc.

I’ve been noodling away on my own up till now, mostly getting stuck with short loops that never get finished and would like to collaborate with someone who also wants to make music that speaks to the soul.

Apart from music I have a background and interest in philosophy and would like to experiment with expressing this aspect of human existence in a musical manner. Are you interested in teaming up and would you like to exhange both thoughts and musical ideas? Then feel free to contact me.

You can check out some of my unfinished and unpolished musical ideas on my soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/maarten-schalley

After hearing your soundcloud (and commenting most of the tunes) I’m still more open for collab but let me say few compliments to your music:

• The acoustic pieces are wonderful and touching with lots of potential.
    • The BoC-like ones too and even as advertisment music.
    • The fuzz and chiptune ones fits perfectly into background videogames music.

As an advice (me doing the same for my BlocsWave projects) make some “labels” and place each one where do you feel they fit better. Make it as graphic so you can put some between more than on label. Then wonder what do you want to do with each “group” and work the strategy (being search for partners or just release as sample packs, etc)

• @Dubbylabby, thank you very much for your feedback and compliments. I have been using soundcloud as a place to dump my quickly recorded ideas. I haven’t thought about organising my ideas yet. This might be a good idea. I’ve sent you a PM.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Hope it works out. I tried with @AndyPlankton and worked on some of his pieces then through my own fault went and lost the lot (no proper backup procedure). Maybe will give it a go again one day lol

And there was me thinking you just gave up and didn't care :'(
    :D :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Hope it works out. I tried with @AndyPlankton and worked on some of his pieces then through my own fault went and lost the lot (no proper backup procedure). Maybe will give it a go again one day lol

Life is so complicated lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Life is so complicated lol

Yes...those fishing knots can be a bit of a bugger ;)

• @Maarten said:
    @Dubbylabby, thank you very much for your feedback and compliments. I have been using soundcloud as a place to dump my quickly recorded ideas. I haven’t thought about organising my ideas yet. This might be a good idea. I’ve sent you a PM.

Great!
    Anyways if someone else is interested on more about “how to clean your musical bedroom” feel free to ask :smile:

• Hi.
    Well im in Maastricht and like to do lots of stuff from different genres. Will unfortunately only be here though until August. Have a few tunes that would benefit some collaboration also.

• Try also Vampr: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vampr/id1069819177?mt=8

It's the Tinder for musicians. You might find your musical soul mate there :)

• @Dubbylabby said:

@Maarten said:
    @Dubbylabby, thank you very much for your feedback and compliments. I have been using soundcloud as a place to dump my quickly recorded ideas. I haven’t thought about organising my ideas yet. This might be a good idea. I’ve sent you a PM.

Great!
    Anyways if someone else is interested on more about “how to clean your musical bedroom” feel free to ask :smile:

How do you clean out your musical bedroom?

• I assume you are the same Maarten who created the Looptical and Xewton Music Studio versions of Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra and other instruments which you shared on those forums. Those instruments have been endlessly valuable to me so thanks!

• what a marvellous idea. I'm enthused. I have been making electronic music most of my life but on a rather introverted island, in the middle of a sea of self doubt. my soundcloud is organic orchestra (lower case). I am philosophically minded when it comes to composition. what do u reckon?

• edited March 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Maarten said:

Great!

How do you clean out your musical bedroom?

I start by Bedroom Model Canvas, put some post-its on it and end with the same crap around me plus some post-it with Paulo Coelo phrases about magic musicking life...

:trollface:

• Hi Maarten. I am lyricist for Repulse the Monkey. Encouraged by a recent collaboration on a forthcoming track with another forum member here, we’d be interested to try something with you, too. :)

https://repulsethemonkey.bandcamp.com/

Check out our stuff when you have a few minutes, and if you like what you hear, PM me.

Zen

• edited March 2018

@JonLewis said:
    I assume you are the same Maarten who created the Looptical and Xewton Music Studio versions of Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra and other instruments which you shared on those forums. Those instruments have been endlessly valuable to me so thanks!

Yes I am :) Nice to hear you still like and use them!