Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What apps are you guys using for making metal/rock music?

I am using audiobus, jamup, ampkit, amplitube, overloud thm, drum loops hd and GarageBand for recording.
I don't have a bass so I use the whammy pedal in jamup to go down an octave to simulate a bass sound with my guitar but it's ok,,,
Looking for some better bass options,,,and drum loops is ok...any better drum loop apps?

Comments

• I was getting some really good bass sounds with the bass amps that come with BIAS and the Octaver pedal in JamUp. I really like the Whammy pedal but it is more of a guitar effect - using it for bass even with a bass amp sounds unconvincing.

Also, check out Drum Studio. It's sounds are pretty tight with some reverb.

• +1 for Bias. @Vejichan - how do you like overloud? I'm on the fence for buying it, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

• Overloud is good but when u disable cab sim and load external impulses via convolution reverb. it's way better than jamup or ampkit etc. I think bias will sound way better if u can load external impulses! Cabs make a huge difference in sound!

How do u set the octaver in jamup for a bass sound?

• Turn down Oct 2, turn up Oct 1, turn up Direct. Route through a bass amp in BIAS.

• The manual suggests setting everything to 10 o'clock.

• cool. do you use any compressor or amps in your chain?

• which bass amp/settings?
    thanks

• Audiobus, Cubasis, the AUFX apps, Jamup, DM1 and sometimes iFretless Bass. Plus various synth apps for atmospheric touches/straight up synth lines/chords etc. Usually that ends up being either Magellan, Sunrizer, or Animoog.

• I have the Red Comp going. As far as which bass amp - just audition the available amps. I like the British AD-20 myself but they all work out pretty well.

• Thanks for the insight @Vejichan. I think I'll get this one.

• How I scuba sis compared to auria?and does ifretless bass sound like a bass?

• @Vejichan ,what do you mean with that "Overloud is good but when u disable cab sim and load external impulses via convolution reverb. it's way better than jamup or ampkit etc." External impulses?

• edited November 2013

Does iFretless Bass sound like a bass?
    You decide.

• @Evangelos - I believe he means use Auria's Convolution Reverb with some quality Cab IR's then load THM OverLoud as the second effect and use it for everything but the cab

• I just hope his sis is enjoying the scuba diving...

• wow sounds good.. can ifretless bass be used in audiobus? also are there any other bass options for guitar players that don't have a bass?

and what do you guys use for multitrack? I'm still using garageband because auria is too complicated. I need something simple.

What i mean by using external impulses is something like this but in AURIA

sounds crazy good! wish i can use it in BIAS!

• I mostly use JamUp, Bias, SampleTank, and Cubasis along with various synths. I still haven't settled on a drum solution.

• @Matthew - that's because there is no "great" drum solution...it's like everything we need is scattered amongst 15 different drum apps. Never fear tho because hopefully DrumSession is near.....I hope.

• Getting closer with Drum Session....almost done recording and trimming and mapping...then it gets shipped out the the code guru at the Blue Mangoo

• I think BIAS/JamUp of Positive Grid sounds nice, just need iOS.
    Check it :)