Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kosmonaut - Space Explorer | Finally LIVE!

Comments

• Great stuff @brambos! So many cool little features I never would have thought of! Am I correct in assuming this is meant to be used as an insert as opposed to a send since there is no mix knob? There’s no way to get rid of the dry signal, right?

• edited March 2018

I don’t like it and want a refund immediately! Tim Cook’s head is gonna roll! Steve would’ve never stood for this travesty! My SE doesn’t have a notch! I don’t like all that cryptic and suspicious faux-Russian commie text! It wasn’t free! Whaaaaa! It doesn’t have an impossible mess of feature creep! It’s GUI is designed too well. It doesn’t have some obscure setting that no one will ever use but me! It’s file size footprint is too efficient and small! There’s some feature I’m too daft to figure out on my own, so I’m going to diss the app incessantly, until I figure out it was really user error, and then I’ll quietly change my tune to praise... hoping no one notices that I didn’t bother owning my own ignorance and knee jerk reaction.

love it ;)

Congrats on the launch @brambos

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Браво

No puppet, no puppet. You’re the puppet.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Браво!

вы сейчас просто хвастаетесь

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Браво

I am wanting to help the Grand Change of Everything in the way that my forefathers in the cowboy and cabbage way did also for the betterness of The Republic for which it stands during this special plan of five years and I am living honestly in a taco-dacha of this small Internet town. Best wishes for you.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I am wanting to help the Grand Change of Everything in the way that my forefathers in the cowboy and cabbage way did also for the betterness of The Republic for which it stands during this special plan of five years and I am living honestly in a taco-dacha of this small Internet town. Best wishes for you.

Johhny is this your pitch to work at the Macedonian troll farms?

• @brambos money deposited :)

• Ooh! This one is going to be great for background workday music - just feed it a Lumbeats drum app and then keep tapping that random button when I need to perk up my concentration. It's going to be a good day! Thanks for another fantastic new app. :smile:

• This is 7 for 7 I think, as in B.B. apps that I love. Gotta be a duff one soon just to show he is human! Lol

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Браво

[involuntary snort followed by convulsive laughter]
    [entire F train ever so slightly edges away from man with oversized headphones crying at his phone...]

• Bought it through the Doug link! Thanks for the work you’ve done and the fun I’ll have!

• @brambos said:
    After a leeeeeengthy review process, I'm happy to say that I have now launched my Kosmonaut into the App Space!

Here's the custom Soundtestroom link if you feel like supporting our dear friend Doug: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kosmonaut/id1351237773?=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

I had to add a standalone IAA/AB3 version to get the app past review. I recommend using AUv3 though as there are no advantages to using standalone and it could use some polish (it's really bare-bones).

Here's an iPhone screenshot - don't worry; Kosmonaut is fully universal :)

The fact that it is Universal is really great @brambos ! I use my iPhone exclusively, so I can purchase and use the app! :smiley: However, I'm concerned about support for your apps now in light of your comments regarding the iPhone X/Notch support. Are there any assurances you can give me that I'm not going to be buying an app that will not be supported immediately after purchasing it? I love your apps, and I have purchased nearly every Universal app of yours, but it is also well known that you don't care for iPhones. Could you say anything that will install confidence in my purchase? Thanks in advance! --Sean

• @skiphunt said:
    I don’t like it and want a refund immediately! Tim Cook’s head is gonna roll! Steve would’ve never stood for this travesty!! My SE doesn’t have a notch! I don’t like all that cryptic and suspicious faux-Russian commie text! It wasn’t free! Whaaaaa! It doesn’t have an impossible mess of feature creep! It’s GUI is designed too well. It doesn’t have some obscure setting that no one will ever use but me! It’s file size footprint it too efficient and small! There’s some feature I’m too daft to figure out on my own, so I’m going to diss the app incessantly, until I figure out it was really user error, and then I’ll quietly change my tune to praise... hoping no one notices that I didn’t bother owning my own ignorance and knee jerk reaction.

You left one out: "I haven't actually bought it or used it yet."

• @Clam said:

@skiphunt said:
    I don’t like it and want a refund immediately! Tim Cook’s head is gonna roll! Steve would’ve never stood for this travesty!! My SE doesn’t have a notch! I don’t like all that cryptic and suspicious faux-Russian commie text! It wasn’t free! Whaaaaa! It doesn’t have an impossible mess of feature creep! It’s GUI is designed too well. It doesn’t have some obscure setting that no one will ever use but me! It’s file size footprint it too efficient and small! There’s some feature I’m too daft to figure out on my own, so I’m going to diss the app incessantly, until I figure out it was really user error, and then I’ll quietly change my tune to praise... hoping no one notices that I didn’t bother owning my own ignorance and knee jerk reaction.

You left one out: "I haven't actually bought it or used it yet."

LOL! Yep, that's a classic. ;)

• edited March 2018

First run - FunkBox + Kosmonaut.

Verdict - It’s baaaad!

Very nice FX @brambos!!

• @Angie said:
    Ooh! This one is going to be great for background workday music - just feed it a Lumbeats drum app and then keep tapping that random button when I need to perk up my concentration. It's going to be a good day! Thanks for another fantastic new app. :smile:

I momentarily hesitated on this one because I already have Virsyn Tap Delay that is also quite good and AUv3... but I bought this anyway just because Bram never disappoints. The random button is a great addition. I'm getting all kinds of interesting effects I don't think I would've discovered on my own.

• So I just loaded Jubal flute and this as AU in AB3 and I can’t hear any difference between turning the effect on and off .....

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So I just loaded Jubal flute and this as AU in AB3 and I can’t hear any difference between turning the effect on and off .....

You may want to select a preset first, or change some parameters, as it loads in clean "init" mode.

• @Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:
    After a leeeeeengthy review process, I'm happy to say that I have now launched my Kosmonaut into the App Space!

Here's the custom Soundtestroom link if you feel like supporting our dear friend Doug: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kosmonaut/id1351237773?=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

I had to add a standalone IAA/AB3 version to get the app past review. I recommend using AUv3 though as there are no advantages to using standalone and it could use some polish (it's really bare-bones).

Are there any assurances you can give me that I'm not going to be buying an app that will not be supported immediately after purchasing it? I love your apps, and I have purchased nearly every Universal app of yours, but it is also well known that you don't care for iPhones. Could you say anything that will install confidence in my purchase? Thanks in advance!

The $3,99 price doesn't come with extended warranty. But I'm sure I can stretch support a bit beyond the launch day. :)

• See ya around, rest of my delays. The tape looper works perfectly. As does the rest of it.

• Exciting! Is there any way to mimic send tracks in Aum? I bet Cubase/Auria does that but I don't have or want them really.

• @brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

Are there any assurances you can give me that I'm not going to be buying an app that will not be supported immediately after purchasing it? I love your apps, and I have purchased nearly every Universal app of yours, but it is also well known that you don't care for iPhones. Could you say anything that will install confidence in my purchase? Thanks in advance!

The $3,99 price doesn't come with extended warranty. But I'm sure I can stretch support a bit beyond the launch day. :)

Hehe!! I'm not worried about the price. :wink: I was just hoping to get more of a commitment from you on Universal support after the troubles you were having with iPhone X / Notch support. :smile: Does this app release reflect that you've solved the iPhone X support problems, and universal support from you is back again? :smile:

• @Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

Hehe!! I'm not worried about the price. :wink: I was just hoping to get more of a commitment from you on Universal support after the troubles you were having with iPhone X / Notch support. :smile: Does this app release reflect that you've solved the iPhone X support problems, and universal support from you is back again? :smile:

I haven't looked at iPhone X specifically for this release. Kosmonaut is mainly an AUv3 plugin - which is screen-agnostic and fully scalable from iPod Touch up to iPad Pro (the notch is the host's problem; as a plugin you never know where the host is going to have the notch anyway).

• @brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    So I just loaded Jubal flute and this as AU in AB3 and I can’t hear any difference between turning the effect on and off .....

You may want to select a preset first, or change some parameters, as it loads in clean "init" mode.

Tried several different preset before posting

• @BiancaNeve said:

@brambos said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Tried several different preset before posting

For my own sanity I just tried again in AB3 on iPhone and iPad Pro, and it works perfectly - so I don't know why you're not hearing the effect on your end. Is Jubal Flute itself already drenched in effects causing Kosmonaut to disappear? Sorry, I have no idea - all hosts and devices I've tried in work consistently as expected.

You loaded it as AUv3?

• @brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

I haven't looked at iPhone X specifically for this release. Kosmonaut is mainly an AUv3 plugin - which is screen-agnostic and fully scalable from iPod Touch up to iPad Pro (the notch is the host's problem; as a plugin you never know where the host is going to have the notch anyway).

Oh, OK. But why were you having trouble getting your apps to get the pass from Apple? I thought it had to do with iPhone X and their infamous notch. I thought that was why you were giving up supporting the iPhone. Are you saying that whatever problem it was that you were having has now been resolved?

• Working fine for me too. @BiancaNeve try toggling the Off/On again while it’s playing (next to the Kosmonaut icon).

• @Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

Oh, OK. But why were you having trouble getting your apps to get the pass from Apple? I thought it had to do with iPhone X and their infamous notch.

I was doing a minor internal update to Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM, and Apple suddenly required me to do a UI makeover (and change all my iTunes promotional artwork) for the X before they'd let them pass review. That's just stupid bully behavior.

• @brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@brambos said:

Oh, OK. But why were you having trouble getting your apps to get the pass from Apple? I thought it had to do with iPhone X and their infamous notch.

I was doing a minor internal update to Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM, and Apple suddenly required me to do a UI makeover (and change all my iTunes promotional artwork) for the X before they'd let them pass review. That's just stupid bully behavior.

I agree with you! It's definitely bully behavior. But what came of it in the end? Did iPhone support get dropped, or did you do the UI makeover and change the promotional artwork? Is this going to affect future apps and future universal support? :smiley: