Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TARDIGRAIN Granular Synth/Sampler - Standalone & AUv3 - Demo for the iPad

2»

Comments

• Oh mygosh!!! This app is awesome! and a STEAL!!! Buy it now before the price goes up :)
    Anyways, is there in the momentary state a kinda of automation feature like in samplr? So I can
    record/create loops with it?
    Cant wait to hook it up to some other stuff and create some ambient dreams haha

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JudgeDredd said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Bloody hell yeah - I remember when I was at school, a mate bought a monthly paranormal mag that had a flexi cover disks with this stuff on it. One voice sticks in my mind saying 'zenta....zenta...'. Creepy as anything. We were going to try the tape recorder thing but bottled it.

>

It is a seriously weird thing, Monzo.

If for arguments sake something is out there, then inviting it into your life is not recommended. If the ‘something’ is all in our minds, then it’s still bad news.

Years later, I bought a Kate Bush album, and wanting to keep the record in good nick, taped a version to play on the hifi. I used to work while listening to it, and kept hearing hunting horns, which was weird as I was in an upstairs flat. I put it down to the neighbours telly, until I found it was actually on the tape I'd recorded, between two KB tracks. And the noise was not on the record, so somehow this had been 'picked up' during the recording. It was a very creepy hunting horn sound, and freaked me out so much I erased the tape.

A few weeks later something woke me and the Mrs up in the early hours. We both sat up bolt upright, and just as I was about to ask her what she'd heard the noise came again - a very loud, hunting horn.

So... Where do you live now? LOL

Not in that flat - we moved out soon after!

• @Samu said:
    Tardigrain just got updated...

Loads for me now in BM3, but still instacrash in in GB. Starting to smell like another BeatHawk AU drama to moi.

• edited March 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    Not in that flat - we moved out soon after!

>

There are places that just seem to attract whatever it is that goes on. Can be anywhere, as you found, not necessarily a very old building.

Back on topic, Tardigrain has a few rough edges which will soon be sorted, but is already the best thing going for faking occult sounds/ soundscapes.

• Yes you’re right. Just checked stand-alone and preset not there :(

@Dawdles said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Working now after recent update! :)

@Dawdles said:
    Yeh still no user patches in AU for me too. Not sure what the release notes are referring to with ‘fixing AUv3 preset loading’. Seems exactly the same as it was in this area? Unless some people were getting crashes or something when loading presets and that’s been fixed?

I could already save/load a user patch in AU before the update? But those patches only exist in AU. Can’t access them in standalone. And vice versa in standalone. Was hoping after the update that user presets would be universal or simple to send between AU and standalone.

This is my experience in beatmaker. Maybe other hosts had issues before update that are now fixed?

• There are things that go bump in the night, Agent Myers. Make no mistake about that. And Tardigrain is one of the things that bumps back. - Hellboy - Professor Bruttenholm - Kind of.

I am at the point where I question the necessity of a manual or tutorial OR maybe its better I don't know.

• @Dawdles said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Working now after recent update! :)

@Dawdles said:
    Yeh still no user patches in AU for me too. Not sure what the release notes are referring to with ‘fixing AUv3 preset loading’. Seems exactly the same as it was in this area? Unless some people were getting crashes or something when loading presets and that’s been fixed?

I could already save/load a user patch in AU before the update? But those patches only exist in AU. Can’t access them in standalone. And vice versa in standalone. Was hoping after the update that user presets would be universal or simple to send between AU and standalone.

This is my experience in beatmaker. Maybe other hosts had issues before update that are now fixed?

Same for me, in AUM.

• Awesome app, loads for me in BM3 but i cannot access my user presets after the update. Going to reset and see if there are any changes.

• Maybe stupid question but what is the difference between AU and AUv3?

• Is there a way to paste audio into the AU version, tried everything, just says ‘no audio found’
    In the standalone I can only ‘audiocopy/paste’ 16bit 44khz wavs
    It is a great app though....
    :smiley:

• @id_23 said:
    Is there a way to paste audio into the AU version, tried everything, just says ‘no audio found’

What I do is
    1. open the stand alone
    2. in AudioShare I copy my file to general pasteboard.
    3. In stand alone, paste from AudiCopy3
    4. Once the file is loaded in standalone, I hit the copy wave button. ( the one between the trash can and the AudioCopy logo button)
    5. Open an AU version, and hit the paste button.

It seems like the app is using its own clipboard for pasting to the AU, so the copy has to be done in the standalone, since there is no copy button in th AU version. Or something like that. B)

• @CracklePot said:

@id_23 said:
    Is there a way to paste audio into the AU version, tried everything, just says ‘no audio found’

What I do is
    1. open the stand alone
    4. Once the file is loaded in standalone, I hit the copy wave button. ( the one between the trash can and the AudioCopy logo button)

It seems like the app is using its own clipboard for pasting to the AU, so the copy has to be done in the standalone, since there is no copy button in th AU version. Or something like that. B)

Hope he adds AudioShare

• Great workaround will try it out. Thanks!

@CracklePot said:

@id_23 said:

What I do is
    1. open the stand alone

• @greengrocer said:
    Maybe stupid question but what is the difference between AU and AUv3?

No difference. Same thing abbreviated.

• Everyone - don't forget that this is an AU FX as well so you can pop it into the AUM FX slot and have at it.

• @gusgranite said:
    Everyone - don't forget that this is an AU FX as well so you can pop it into the AUM FX slot and have at it.

That so funny. I was wondering about that before I bought it, and then forgot to try it. :p

• @CracklePot said:

@gusgranite said:
    Everyone - don't forget that this is an AU FX as well so you can pop it into the AUM FX slot and have at it.

That so funny. I was wondering about that before I bought it, and then forgot to try it. :p

I’m gonna whack 10 of them on the same sample and end up like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly or something.

• @greengrocer said:
    Maybe stupid question but what is the difference between AU and AUv3?

v3