Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BIAS - Amps! is on the bus!

Comments

• :sigh: I wish they hadn't kept it iOS7 exclusive.

• @HelixPheonix: +1 I'd love to get BIAS but I'm waiting until iOS7 is truly safe for iMusos. I just hope BIAS hasn't gone up in price by then.

• edited November 2013

Can you use this in Auria's Jamup IAP as well? Anybody have both?

Also will it work on ipad mini?

Thnx in advance.

• edited November 2013

Just bought it and will play with it later today and over the weekend. I've been an AmpKit guy and prefer it over Jamup but I'll have no problem switching to BIAS if I like it. Just don't switch it to half price tomorrow. :)

• I have both. You cannot purchase BIAS from JamUp via IAP; it must be purchased as a separate app. Then you can open JamUp from within BIAS and the amp your using is now in JamUp. I opened BIAS via IAA in Auria and then opened JamUp from within BIAS. So you can use JamUp as an IAA app, but only through using BIAS.

• I haven't updated my ipad 4 to ios7 yet but I have on my ipad 2. Is it worth it to load bias on my 2 until I decide to update the 4?

• Also sucks that it's iPad only !
    I had hoped for iPhone /touch support so I could just mount the phone on the guitar directly .
    Or do they plan to release a specific non universal version just for iPhone too? Grrrr....

• It worked on my iMini, although there was some audio breakup.

• edited November 2013

@mrnezumi - thnx for heads up! much appreciated. By any chance do you also own overloud thm? am curious how this compares to it.

@funjunkie - did you have a lot of other tracks and fx running at same time? did you try freezing some of the tracks in auria?

hey! Rim just answered it as well:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11365&sid=717feee0f22cad621fb0555eb058bf85

• Hi Evangelos ... Nice way to end a discussion ; with Noise ... Sure I didn't listen , and I will never do so .

• edited November 2013

Seriously...

On another note sounds good @Evangelos

• @gjcyrus - I don't have Overload thm. I tried Amplitube, but didn't like that I couldn't get a good clean tone, even from the "Fenders". So, I went with JamUp which I think is pretty good. Once it is in the mix I think it sounds great. I almost didn't get BIAS because I felt JamUp was good enough for my needs, but I couldn't resist it.

• @MrNezumi And now that you have it, how much better is it than the regular amps in JamUp?

• Seriously WTF! pieterrvos

• @Audiojunkie - I'll post something about the sound later. I haven't had much time to check it out yet. I should have time after work today.

• Ah, OK. Thanks! I'm interested in knowing how much better it is... :-)

• Yea, @PieterrVos I assume there was something insightful hidden in your post, but I missed it. Surely its not as blisteringly rude as it sounds on face value.

• Having problems getting Bias to work in the effects or output slots of AB. Not getting audio out in either case. Anyone else try this yet? If so, is it working for you? I have copied Bias amps to JamUp Pro and used those in AB with no problems. I'm trying to get a guitar loop feeding into Bias while I tweak settings.

• Yep, there is something weird going on there.
    I wanted to try BIAS with iFretless Guitar to keep a loop going while I was trying out amps. iFretless in input, BIAS in effects, output set to speakers, no sound.
    Then, with this setup still active, I plugged in my guitar (Rocksmith cable and Apple USB-Lightning adapter) and suddenly, there was the sound from iFretless going through BIAS and all-moreover, even after I unplugged the guitar again, it kept working during that session!
    So it needs sort-of waking up with a hardware connection apparently.

• I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip @mmp.

• edited November 2013

@MrNezumi - looking forward to your thoughts. I'm also looking for clean tones and couldn't find anything on youtube except maybe 15 seconds inbetween a 6 min vid.

As much as I enjoy playing a Metallica,
    Black Sabbath or Slayer riff, I dont always need to turn the dial to 11 and need a clean jazz tone for simple guitar parts to add to overall mix.

Oh, FYI from a user on Auria forum:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11366&sid=ca5cdb662d2c8f1fddee0abc7096a698

• I had a little bit of time to play with BIAS and here are some thoughts:

There is indeed something wonky going on when using the effect slot of AB. Plugging in headphones got it to work. Unplugging the headphones didn't cause it to stop working.

Overall I think BIAS sounds awesome. There are endless things to fiddle with and adjust. That can be just as bad as it can be good. I did only a quick and dirty comparison between JamUp and BIAS. I simply played in BIAS for a while and then switched to JamUp for a bit. BIAS amps sounded better than the JamUp ones. Part of the reason for this is that BIAS has a room setting (basically reverb, when recording an amp with a mike you get sound from the room as well) that makes it sound more alive. Turn it off and it sounds flatter. For some amps I thought the difference was more pronounced than others, but I tended to like the sound/tone of the BIAS amps better.

The main reason I didn't do a direct comparison is that I didn't have the time to do it right. Doing it right would involve finding as identical as possible amps and matching settings and such. Then playing a recording of a few riffs through each and recording that. Sorry, I didn't have time to do that.

@gjcyrus - I think the RC-120 in JamUp is pretty good, but i think the one in BIAS is way better. And the other amps in the "clean" catagory were also pretty good. The "Marshall" one stayed fairly clean and sounds good. One problem with most of the other amp apps is the clean tone starts breaking up at higher volumes and the clean volume is often too low. I didn't find this with the BIAS amps. And the super satanic Metal amps are equally awesome.

I look forward to playing around more with BIAS and I have zero regret about plopping out $20 for it, even after having spent a bit of cash getting several JamUp IAP.

• To me, BIAS sounds better than the other amp sims. But I'm a beginner guitar player...

There's a glowing (no pun intended) review up on Music App Blog. He's done in-depth reviews on all the other major amp apps in the past, so he's well placed to compare.

http://www.musicappblog.com/bias-review/

• Bias sounds incredible, I obtained in few seconds the same sound I have with my real amp, I have plugged my fuzz and dirt pedals to my iPad and the sound now is awesome (with garage bad was like a fart, with jamup was acceptable).
    I tried to plug my iPad synths to bias with audiobus and it works, I put bias in the effect slot and loopy in the output, the only problem is that bias turns on the iPad mic too... :/
    In this way bias amplifies the vst and the internal mic together...

• @MrNezumi - Oh man! You just made my day! I used to own a Roland 120 and thats what i used to play live! Looks like I'll be buying it in near future.

Thanks for taking time to share

• @PieterrVos You 're so ridiculously rude, you made me laugh. Nobody forces you to listen to my "noise" , it's a free world right?
    That was the latest beta for Bias, Bias sounds great. And let's not forget that it's just been released.
    I posted that so people can have a listen to the sound, it's all recorded in GB in my iPad.

• edited March 2014

• I picked up Bias yesterday and spent a little time with it as well. Actually, I picked up Bias and a bunch of effects for JamUp - didn't bother with any JamUp amps because I can now make my own.

The tone is incredible. There are so many customization options to tweak and play with. The amps that are provided are a great starting place or you can go completely on your own. I really like its selection, especially the provided acoustic amps (sim, acoustic, keyboard,vocal). As was pointed out by @MrNezumi there is a room setting where you can add some natural reverb and also affect your microphone placement inside of that room, too. Lots of eq options, noise gates. Excellent stuff.

Compared to Mobile Pod it is much more versatile and WAY easier to get something you will like. Blows Amplitube out of the water. It sounds better than the tones I am able to get with my Vox Valvetronix 30W and Roland Microcube amps. All this before JamUp. Within JamUp, using some effects... Awesome. I really like the WhammyWah simulation, btw. Worth the $4 if you haven't got it.

• @Evangelos There is always one bad apple in the box but the difference here is that all the other apples ignore it and are not contaminated. I am in awe of everyone who posts a sound on here and in every case all criticism of peoples' creations have always been constructive I find. Best advice is to ignore the guy but it is hard not to respond whatever the apparent reason for his comments. I appreciated your example as It helped me to compare sounds with my original Jamup presets.