Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk update

2»

Comments

• edited March 2018

@ion677 said:
    Everything’s bugged af in bm3. It crashes all the time no matter what I use.

>

This is not encouraging. Every time I think, okay it’s time I really got into BM3, I read how this or that app doesn’t work with it, and get put off.

At least the boys behind BeatHawk seem able to make thier product work well, and offer improvements, too. Well, some of the time. ;)

• @Zen210507 said:

@ion677 said:
    Everything’s bugged af in bm3. It crashes all the time no matter what I use.

>

This is not encouraging. Every time I think, okay it’s time I really got into BM3, I read how this or that app doesn’t work with it, and get put off.

At least the boys behind BeatHawk seem able to make thier product work well, and offer improvements, too. Well, some of the time. ;)

Yeah hoping BM3 is getting enough money to continue development. There are no doubts while I use it all the time without many issues, that it has problems. I’m not surprised, as it is a complex app and I’ve seen how long it took most PC DAWs to develop to what they are today. While BM3 is not quite there yet, it has so much potential. Keeping my fingers crossed, as it is my favourite DAW on iOS by quite a margin (I have tried most lol).

• @gosnote said:

@Denzkps said:
    for BM3
    In BH preferences/MIDI-Audio/ set off for Send Omni On Pads

@wim said:

@gosnote said:
    In BM3, state saving for pads/keys mode is not working for me.****
    Another thing which I have requested to UVI support, is an option to disable midi output in Beathawk's settings. In BM3 I have to disable it for any BH instances every time I open a session that has BH as AU, to avoid terrible feedback distortion.

Huh? It's right in the Audio/Midi output preferences. Set output to << none >>. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Disabling "Send Omni On Pads" won't fix this In the latest version 2.2.2., even though now you can at least access the midi settings from within the AU which if I remember correctly wasn't possible previously.

However, I have been in contact with UVI Support and they told me they will "consider adding an option to disable the AU MIDI Output, hopefully in v2.2.3". For now, when opening a BM3 session that contains BH AUs as sound modules, the BH midi input in BM3 prefs needs to be disabled in order to prevent the feedback distortion.

Intua had been knocking down bugs at a frantic pace since the summer. Are there still bugs? Sure. Do they get in my way? No. And I use BM3 daily.

BH is a very nice app; simpler than BM3. I have found it to be going in the opposite direction. With every new release BH becomes less and less usable to me due to bugs. We've been asking for simple AU state saving in the piano mode for a long time--it finally arrives (yay) but it doesn't work.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    We've been asking for simple AU state saving in the piano mode for a long time--it finally arrives (yay) but it doesn't work.

>

It does make a fellow wonder how much testing is actually done. I mean, the one man band developers seem to do a much better job. Minor bugs get sorted, and rarely does an app turn up with a whole new feature - as requested - and that feature flat out fails.

• All good here - opened an AUM preset and everything was default - changed one channel to a trumpet sound from the Brass Ensembles IAP - saved in AUM, closed out. Reopened. Trumpet sound still there! Seems to be working in AUM.

• @donblanco said:
    All good here - opened an AUM preset and everything was default - changed one channel to a trumpet sound from the Brass Ensembles IAP - saved in AUM, closed out. Reopened. Trumpet sound still there! Seems to be working in AUM.

Yes, the sound stays but does the context of which mode you are in stay? That is, if you set a sound in piano mode rather than pad mode, does it stay in piano mode?

• Well I am finished with using BeatHawk in Cubasis after the latest update! It was already a pain to have to go into the Browser and re-select the correct sound every time I opened the project (and occasionally even while I had the project open!).

Now with the default Dub kit loading , I couldn't even get the correct sound to play! I even tried removing the AU so there was no instrument on the track and loading BH into Audiobus but although I could get BH to trigger the correct sound (once I had selected it in BH) I couldn't get it to record the audio in Cubasis.

So frustrating!

I ended up using a combination of the Epic drums in Korg Module and Timps in Thumbjam (via Audiobus into Cubasis) to get the BIG drums I originally used from the Orchestral Percussion pack of BH...but actually I think it sounds a little better now :smile:

• @donblanco said:
    All good here - opened an AUM preset and everything was default - changed one channel to a trumpet sound from the Brass Ensembles IAP - saved in AUM, closed out. Reopened. Trumpet sound still there! Seems to be working in AUM.

That test wont work, to test for state saving issues with Beathawk, load three or more of them and save, non of them will reopen properly, any host, confirmed by UVI, fix promised a long time ago.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@donblanco said:

Yes, the sound stays but does the context of which mode you are in stay? That is, if you set a sound in piano mode rather than pad mode, does it stay in piano mode?

SUNUVA.......god dammit. Yeah, always reverts to pad mode when opening as AU. IAA is fine, but then you can only open one channel. I have wasted SO MUCH MONEY on apps with just that one thing that makes it unusable.

• Been waiting on a tech support response from UVI for 8 days now...