Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Quality has been dropping considerably apparently. Been trading on the name alone for too long, others have caught up.

I’d rather take a punt on a Harley Benton or three than pay top $ for a Gibson.

A shame.

• Any guitar player worth his salt knows that for the past three decades a Heritage brand guitar is a much better deal to be had .

• http://www.ajc.com/news/national/gibson-...P92RvZFrM/

https://www.altpress.com/news/entry/gibs...bankruptcy
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/19/guitar-c...uptcy.html

I don't know if I believe these articles, but...

But I do believe that the company has been colossally mismanaged. It's not a good thing when YouTube is filled with videos from Gibson-loving guitarists talking about how the recent guitars are terrible and expressing how they are terrible. When you sell guitars at a premium you can't let stories float around that cheaper guitars are much better.

And if you destroy the guitar brand, you risk the whole brand.

And it's not a good thing to treat loyal customers of Sonar the way they did. They could have done a better job. For example, helping them transfer the plugins and instruments to the new DAW.

On iOS, they didn't need to abandon Z3TA+2. I bet a lot of companies would have been happy to take it over. But they didn't care.

So what does that mean if you're considering an Epiphone or Kramer or Maestro or Steinberg or a Slingerland or a Baldwin? Or Cerwin Vega or Tascam? Onkyo? Pioneer? etc etc. What will happen to you if any of these companies goes bankrupt or is sold? I think a lot of people who know what's up are looking at other brands where longterm support seems more assured.

And when you add that to all the debt they've taken on, the house of cards can easily fall down.

• I wonder what could happen to the Oberheim name now?

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    thats what happens when these business people take over
    im just waiting for inMusic ™ to explode >:)

I remember what happened to the Amiga in the early 90s.

So, Gibson is gonna be sold to Disney or sumptn now? Like Star Wars.

• @Kühl said:

@Max23 said:

Yes the Amiga days....... Sigh!............. I still have the music tracks i made on the good Ole Amiga using OctaMED. ....Actually, i wonder if our brilliant & talented @brambos would make a tracker(Midi) version of Soundstudio OctaMED tracker sequencer addition to Roseta, or a separate app?).......... That would be soooooo Awsome. :)

• @studs1966 said:

@Kühl said:

@Max23 said:

Yes the Amiga days....... Sigh!............. I still have the music tracks i made on the good Ole Amiga using OctaMED. ....Actually, i wonder if our brilliant & talented @brambos would make a tracker(Midi) version of Soundstudio OctaMED tracker sequencer addition to Roseta, or a separate app?).......... That would be soooooo Awsome. :)

SunVox does midi-out quite nicely ;)

• It's sad. Other great American musical instrument companies like Fender, Ludwig & Zildjian have had their ups & downs but the way Gibson has fallen is unprecedented.

Gibson CEO Henry Juszkiewicz gets most of the blame and if American companies like Gibson are going to go with tip of the spear ideology when things are good to excuse ridiculous upper management pay structure then Henry J. taking the bulk of the heat now is justified in my view.

The dude wanted Gibson to be a "lifestyle" brand and actually compared it to Ferrari & Rolex. He lost the plot completely. Robot tuners, bringing back brass nuts (!) on a Les Paul Std. yearly version, the atrocious quality control & the complete mismanagement of the other brands under the umbrella are just a few of the things that have the company near bankruptcy.

I'm still friendly with a product rep from Tascam I met when I worked at Musicians Friend here in Vegas (it eventually became a Guitar Center). He has worked for TEAC (the parent company of Tascam) since the late 80's and he told me after 2013 when Gibson bought a majority stake of TEAC the entire atmosphere at Tascam changed in no time.

Less focus on customer service, their history and new development and more pressure to cut corners & maximize profits. I LOVE Tascam as they introduced me to recording & I learned on their PortaStudio's, etc. One of the reasons I made friends with the Tascam rep was he saw how much I loved the company. Hearing his stories over the past few years makes Gibson's unraveling totally understandable. It's a mess.

I feel for the employees of the entire Gibson company at large and for the customers of Gibson, Tascam, Cakewalk, Sonar, and all the other great companies that may fold if this situation gets worse.

• empirebuildingfail

• They should have used an umbrella instead of risking the known and trusted.....the damage to reputation has already been done with the quality issues.....obviously you don't 'get what you pay for' anymore

• @AndyPlankton said:
    They should have used an umbrella instead of risking the known and trusted.....the damage to reputation has already been done with the quality issues.....obviously you don't 'get what you pay for' anymore

Corporate buy outs are destroying everything. It’s all about snuffing out the competition, making a fast buck whilst thinking of an exit plan.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    They should have used an umbrella instead of risking the known and trusted.....the damage to reputation has already been done with the quality issues.....obviously you don't 'get what you pay for' anymore

Corporate buy outs are destroying everything. It’s all about snuffing out the competition, making a fast buck whilst thinking of an exit plan.

So true....and when they own so many different things, so much and so many get affected when it all goes wrong.

• I can't believe I've never heard of Harley Benton guitars???? Does anyone have one? They look very nice. Seem to use quality wood in their guitars. They are extremely cheap, like I coulda bought several of them for what I paid for my Les Paul.

And the Heritage brand too? Never heard of them. They make some quality instruments.

I do love my 2016 Les Paul though. I can tell the sound diff. between it and my Fender Strat.

• @High5denied said:

I do love my 2016 Les Paul though. I can tell the sound diff. between it and my Fender Strat.

You mean the pickups and the different bridge, etc? Seems like apples and oranges.

• @High5denied said:
    I can tell the sound diff. between it and my Fender Strat.

Ha! I should hope so!

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

So, never mind.

It will only be a post accused of being 'controversial' or political.

But, there is a basic generation of people who are running most major companies.

Generational sociological ideals and priorities are certainly part of the corporate AND POLITICAL world.

IMHO

I know several of that generation, they seem to justify anything they with it being for some magical retirement and pension that comes as stifle growth and opportunities for generations below them.

Like I said, my opinion.

And I obviously don't mean anyone on here, because if you are here, well you rock.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

So, never mind.

It will only be a post accused of being 'controversial' or political.

But, there is a basic generation of people who are running most major companies.

Generational sociological ideals and priorities are certainly part of the corporate AND POLITICAL world.

IMHO

I know several of that generation, they seem to justify anything they with it being for some magical retirement and pension that comes as stifle growth and opportunities for generations below them.

Like I said, my opinion.

And I obviously don't mean anyone on here, because if you are here, well you rock.

I don’t see it as generational at all, just down to the ambitions of the individuals running the company.

My business has been edged out here by ruthless young empire builders (they’re even buying up other small design companies).

I’ve seen it all before though, and it’ll just be a matter of time before they overstretch themselves, and disgruntled clients abandon their services.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@High5denied said:

You mean the pickups and the different bridge, etc? Seems like apples and oranges.

@Sonicflux said:

@High5denied said:
    I can tell the sound diff. between it and my Fender Strat.

Ha! I should hope so!

I dig my strat too, the Les Paul has a cleaner, full sound. It sounds better to me.

• edited February 2018

It's not generational. Henry is just an awful person. In the process of ruining numerous companies, he also:

1) Got caught importing guitars and fraudulently putting "made in USA" stickers on them.
    2) Got caught smuggling rosewood that Gibson knew was poached from a national park in Madagascar, contributing to the ongoing ecological catastrophe in a unique ecosystem, and to the increasing governmental corruption and economic distortion caused by the poaching industry.
    3) Lied about it repeatedly to the media and politicians, right up until the day he had to admit it to a federal court.
    4) Fraudulently pretended to be an environmentally conscious company using sustainable wood.

F*ck that guy.

• In a world of corporate greed, ethical values are all too easily jettisoned.

• edited February 2018

I played a ‘76 Gibson Les Paul Custom for several years in a band I was in. The other guitarist let me use it. Several years ago, I got a great deal on 2012 LP Custom, and it’s a beautifully made instrument that sounds and plays as good as my friend’s. I love that guitar.

The Gibson brand is still strong in the circles I run in, and I think that, if the current company goes bankrupt, someone will come in and rescue the guitar manufacturing end. Those guitars are still highly coveted.

• @supanorton said:
    I played a ‘76 Gibson Les Paul Custom for several years in a band I was in. The other guitarist let me use it. Several years ago, I got a great deal on 2012 LP Custom, and it’s a beautifully made instrument that sounds and plays as good as my friend’s. I love that guitar.

The Gibson brand is still strong in the circles I run in, and I think that, if the current company goes bankrupt, someone will come in and rescue the guitar manufacturing end. Those guitars are still highly coveted.

Good share Artie!

I agree

• @supanorton said:

Absolutely, it’s one of the worlds best known brands, and there will be plenty of buyers waiting. What’s not guaranteed though is if they’ll restore, or even maintain quality. Could be another corporate hustler looking to squeeze as much profit out as they can, before it gets sold on again.

• @MonzoPro said:

@supanorton said:

Absolutely, it’s one of the worlds best known brands, and there will be plenty of buyers waiting. What’s not guaranteed though is if they’ll restore, or even maintain quality. Could be another corporate hustler looking to squeeze as much profit out as they can, before it gets sold on again.

I’m hoping an honest person who just wants to make great guitars at a fair price will take over.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    It's not generational. Henry is just an awful person. In the process of ruining numerous companies, he also:

1) Got caught importing guitars and fraudulently putting "made in USA" stickers on them.
    2) Got caught smuggling rosewood that Gibson knew was poached from a national park in Madagascar, contributing to the ongoing ecological catastrophe in a unique ecosystem, and to the increasing governmental corruption and economic distortion caused by the poaching industry.
    3) Lied about it repeatedly to the media and politicians, right up until the day he had to admit it to a federal court.
    4) Fraudulently pretended to be an environmentally conscious company using sustainable wood.

F*ck that guy.

Quadrupleplus this!!!!

• @supanorton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supanorton said:

I’m hoping an honest person who just wants to make great guitars at a fair price will take over.

I'm guessing that Other than the Brand Name any Patents (Tech) or Intellectual property (Guitar designs) will be their most valuable assets ? So will go to the highest bidder if insolvency does happen. Lets just hope that either
    Someone decent can take charge, refocus and bring them back to where they were as Gibson of old.
    OR
    Another respected quality manufacturer gets the patents/IP's and brings them back up to scratch.

• @MonzoPro said:

I’ve seen it all before though, and it’ll just be a matter of time before they overstretch themselves, and disgruntled clients abandon their services.

If you live long enough the number of times you'll see this pattern play out is extraordinary...