Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using Ipad as your soundsource for Keyboard playing?? Advice on Ipad Purchase and apps.

2»

Comments

• @Processaurus said:
    @JackRubinacci Others have used it more than me, but definitely take a look at the Novation apps, Blocs Wave and Launchpad.

If you aren’t mixing the drum machine as part of your act, I would just bounce the drum machine beat down, and launch it as a second clip in Blocs or Launchpad. One less point of failure for keeping things synchronized and having to mix the audio together.

With iOS, the more complex the setup, the less likely it is to work reliably. The smallest number of moving parts the better. Despite the heroic efforts of developers, It is an elaborate cell phone OS, after all- music and audio are not the driving force in its development.

Thank you man. I really appreciate your reply.

• Look into OnSong. It can trigger backing tracks when you start a new song.It can also send MIDI messages (including PC) to any MIDI app/device/channel (and multiple channels at once). Its at the heart of my live setup.

• Have folks been exploring Camelot Pro for such purposes since it came out?

@JackRubinacci I haven't used Camelot (it just came out) and I'm not sure what would be the best way to integrate backing tracks into your workflow with it, but it seems worth investigating.. It might be worth considering contacting the devs asking whether/how it might be used to do what you describe in your initial post.

• @ohwell said:
    Have folks been exploring Camelot Pro for such purposes since it came out?

@JackRubinacci I haven't used Camelot (it just came out) and I'm not sure what would be the best way to integrate backing tracks into your workflow with it, but it seems worth investigating.. It might be worth considering contacting the devs asking whether/how it might be used to do what you describe in your initial post.

Hey man thank you so much. Well defo check. Still trying to figure this set up out. As mentioned im going to be doing alot of shows next year and its something i need to get my head round. Its been mentioned IOS has some stability problems when using more than one app. Can I ask if you have encountrered these problems? I essentially only need maybe two apps running at the same time. But for obvious reasons it does have to be rock solid. thank you again. Jack

• @MikeyP said:
    Look into OnSong. It can trigger backing tracks when you start a new song.It can also send MIDI messages (including PC) to any MIDI app/device/channel (and multiple channels at once). Its at the heart of my live setup.

Thank you so much MikeyP. I will defo check. Can I ask, do you ever encounter stability issues when using more than one app on an Ipad? I probably need maybe two apps running, but for obvious reasons I need it to be rock solid. Thank you in advance.

• @ohwell said:
    Have folks been exploring Camelot Pro for such purposes since it came out?

Hi. Just checking out Camelot... Wow, this looks pretty amazing. Thank you so much for the heads up.

• Also check out KeyStage:

• @JackRubinacci said:

@MikeyP said:
    Look into OnSong. It can trigger backing tracks when you start a new song.It can also send MIDI messages (including PC) to any MIDI app/device/channel (and multiple channels at once). Its at the heart of my live setup.

Thank you so much MikeyP. I will defo check. Can I ask, do you ever encounter stability issues when using more than one app on an Ipad? I probably need maybe two apps running, but for obvious reasons I need it to be rock solid. Thank you in advance.

During a show I generally have the following loaded concurrently:
    OnSong
    Korg iM1
    Moog Model D
    ARP ODYSSEi
    Korg iMono/Poly
    Fingerlabs DM1

No issues in that regard, save battery drain LOL

• @Ali_Göktürk said:
    Also check out KeyStage:

Full disclosure: Ali is the developer of KeyStage :)