Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Optimum vocals dynamic mic under £100

Which mic (that you’ve actually used) would you recommend for under £100? A typical Shure SM58 would be what most people would jump to off the top of their head, but is that really the best choice in 2018? AKG D5? Sennheiser 835? Sontronics Solo? Other?

I strongly favour dynamic for vocal, so I’m not interested in any condenser mics (of which I’ve already got too many anyway).

Comments

• Again, this is one of those situations where someone might have tried one, but can’t compare it to any others, so if you are in a position to compare what you suggest to something else recognisable, by all means say so!

• well, I almost collect dynamic microphones - the SM57/58 is a great performer for it's pricetag.
    But I once scored a Philips 6033 just below your virtual limit
    https://martinmitchellsmicrophones.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/philips-el603310-dual-pattern-omni-cardioid-dynamic-microphone-circa-1966/

As you can see I'm totally into vintage stuff - I don't trust any modern production lines.
    There's a lot of quality microphones in disguise, the above Philips is very similiar to the infamous 'Beatles-Mic' AKG D19, a Grundig GDM21 is in fact a Sennheiser MD21, an Uher M532 is rather close to an AKG D-1000 (the gold plated model reknown as Bowie's live mic during the Ziggy Stardust tour). It might be called the better 57.
    Btw there are also variances in Shure's production line. I once listened to a 58 recording that remembered to a Sennheiser MD441, the mic was heavily battered from late 80s.
    The AKG D-202 double capsule models show up quite often around 100 on eBay.
    My personal 'quality favourite' is the AKG D224 (200 and up)
    Check out the blog linked above, it's entertaining and stuffed with lots of facts.

• I just bought a KAM RT1 that sounds amazing, very warm, supposed to be reminiscent of a ribbon mic (rt=ribbon tone), it was $29 from someone on reverb, and as soon as I heard it I immediately bought another.

I've been very very happy with my akg d3800 mics as well, very expensive when released in the 90's but got both for $15 each on guitar centers used site.

I'm also very happy with my blue encore 100i, got the pair for $89 in their 2 for 1 sale.

My 57 with the transformer removed is a cool vocal mic too, sounds closer to an sm7, you just have to watch the plosives.

Hope that helps.