Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imagine you have the power to bring back one band or musician, who would you choose?

Comments

• Fad Gadget, Ian Curtis, Hendrix, Bolan, Jim Morrison and Daevid Allen. Can’t possibly just choose one.

• Stevie Ray Vaughan.

• Johann Sebastian Bach.

• Well, the problem with bringing dead folks to life as Mary Shelley would surely agree that they come up somewhat anatomically different. Other than that small detail I usually find that most talented musicians give their best out in their first 30 years of life after which their creative side slumps in a major way.

I got very excited when I saw this thread but then the above reasons kinda ruined it for me. I’d rather focus on the up and coming as there’s plenty of fish.

• @supadom said:

Other than that small detail I usually find that most talented musicians give their best out in their first 30 years of life after which their creative side slumps in a major way.

There are exceptions. Leonard Cohen’s best work was late in his long career. Seasick Steve made crap disco, until he got older and reinvented himself. Charles Bradley was a James Brown tribute act, until he was 60 something.

• Kevin Gilbert.

• Malcolm Owen.

• @BradleyFS said:

I often wonder what direction Joy Division would have gone if Ian Curtis was still alive...

Probably similar music, but the lyrics would have been much better. There is much to admire about New Order, but the lyrics are a weak point for me.

• edited February 2018

@supadom said:
    Well, the problem with bringing dead folks to life as Mary Shelley would surely agree that they come up somewhat anatomically different. Other than that small detail I usually find that most talented musicians give their best out in their first 30 years of life after which their creative side slumps in a major way.

I got very excited when I saw this thread but then the above reasons kinda ruined it for me. I’d rather focus on the up and coming as there’s plenty of fish.

Definitely true for most careers, that's right.
    I took the title as "(re)birth of a new musician with very similar qualities" because that's possibly a bit more likely to happen ;)

• Keith Richards, or maybe Cliff richard.

• @brambos said:
    New Kids On The Block

I don’t think they qualify as band or musicians ..... do they? ;) haha i should talk, I bought that cassette when i was a kid in the 80’s :s

• edited February 2018

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I know this will be a controversial choice. but...
    Michael Jackson.

Regarding 80s pop, he’d be a far better choice than New Kids. Goodness only knows what his face would’ve looked like by now as well as what his post-Invincible sound would’ve been.

• Allan Holdsworth

• edited February 2018

Scrub A.H. - clearly John Lennon

• Stevie Ray Vaughan.

• First thought was Frank Zappa, but after the Country music discussion, I'd love to have Roger Miller back as well...

• Prince. One of my biggest regrets is not seeing him Live when he came here.

• @Lurcher said:
    Daevid Allen. Can’t possibly just choose one.

He'd be my choice, if I only had one.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Nick Drake

This, so much

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I know this will be a controversial choice. but...
    Michael Jackson.

Regarding 80s pop, he’d be a far better choice than New Kids. Goodness only knows what his face would’ve looked like by now as well as what his post-Invincible sound would’ve been.

He certainly knew a good bassline — pick out the weight distribution on the bass of Billie Jean — extremely well designed.

• +1. A massive talent.

• Paul Mcartney (original one).

• @rs2000 said:
    Frank Zappa and his band from the late 70s
    Any recent composers doing similar stuff?

Get your tickets for the hologram tour!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/frank-zappa-hologram-former-mothers-announce-tour-w516378

• edited February 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Michael Jackson.

Goodness only knows what his face would’ve looked like by now as well as what his post-Invincible sound would’ve been.

>

Face: The only place left to go was turn him into a replicant Princess Diana. ;)

Music: If you ever heard that unreleased album, purportedly taken from his HDD, most of it was tosh. But there was one track I thought outstanding. It was called Shout, and was like speed rap hip-hop disco.

Edit - Just found a slower less in your face version was released.

https://youtu.be/G-UwbfbU2f4

• The Talking Heads please God I still have hope

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@rs2000 said:
    Frank Zappa and his band from the late 70s
    Any recent composers doing similar stuff?

Get your tickets for the hologram tour!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/frank-zappa-hologram-former-mothers-announce-tour-w516378

>

Pretty soon, it’s going to be possible to ‘tour’ virtual bands made up of whoever the promoters think will sell, and of course, have the rights to digitally resurrect.

One part gruesome, two parts fascinating. ;)

• @dblonde said:
    Paul Mcartney (original one).

>

Not a Billy Campbell fan? :p

• @ryanjanik said:
    The Talking Heads please God I still have hope

Snarky Google: Did you mean Talking Heads?

• @VincentT said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    Nick Drake

This, so much

Niel Halstead's Sleeping on Roads has got to be the most honest Nick Drake, er, tribute records, there ever was. Fantastic record. Fantastically Drakian.

• edited February 2018

Haven't read the whole thread but has anybody said Michael Jackson?

Also: You guys have read "The Monkey's Paw"? Are you sure you want these guys back? Especially Bach??