Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk update

Comments

• edited January 2018

great, this will be really useful in AUM :)

• By the way, the “Full Tutti” tuning errors have been fixed, so redownload the Church Organs pack to fix it. :) Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up about the update Bianca.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BiancaNeve said:

Anyone worked out the AU midi out

Yes, you can route the Au midi from the Beathawk sequencer using the midi routing table in AUM, haven't tried BM3 but it should show up as a port

• I actually kinda like the Beathawk piano roll so this could be quite helpful in AUM...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Audio unit broken here, it doesn’t load anymore in AUM and AB3. Already sent a mail to support, it’s on iPhone 7 Plus.

Also step editor glitches issue when navigating changing note lengths etc is fixed. Nice.

• Great news, was hoping for this

• This is great stuff. I haven't really tested the accuracy yet. But it can also record midi into the AU. So can potentially be a midi looper, CC step sequencer and song mode for AUM :)

• I may even end up re-installing BeatHawk just to have a 'sequencer' for AUv3 Plug-Ins in AUM :)

• @Samu said:
    I may even end up re-installing BeatHawk just to have a 'sequencer' for AUv3 Plug-Ins in AUM :)

yeah, this just became my new sequencer for AUM, I bought Xequence a and the unlimited tracks IAP , but BeatHawk INSIDE of AUM as a sequencer already feels much more seamless to me, and Ive always liked the song mode arranger in BeatHawk. I always wished we could use audio units inside of BH but this is just as good if not better.

• Time to reinstall.

• Just to be clear... it only allows you one channel to route correct? So you’d have to use multiple AUs fo multiple instances? Super cool nonetheless, just want to make sure. Multiple sequences from an AU would be nuts.

• @DCJ said:
    Just to be clear... it only allows you one channel to route correct? So you’d have to use multiple AUs fo multiple instances? Super cool nonetheless, just want to make sure. Multiple sequences from an AU would be nuts.

Each pad can transmit on it's own midi-channel so with some clever midi-filtering in AUM each AUv3 can just listen to one channel from the track hosting BeatHawk.
    (Just de-select BH2's 'Send Omni' for the pads Preferences > Midi/Audio).

• @DCJ said:
    Just to be clear... it only allows you one channel to route correct? So you’d have to use multiple AUs fo multiple instances? Super cool nonetheless, just want to make sure. Multiple sequences from an AU would be nuts.

No, Im sequencing 5 different audio units from one instance of BeatHawk, as far as I'm understanding it so far, each pad in BeatHawk is sending midi to a channel , ie, pad one is sending to midi channel 1 and so forth, and for each pad Im using to sequence an AU, I clear the pad of any samples. Working like a charm so far. In the screen shot it says Beathawk @ Ch1 Midi Out, but its channel 1 of the AUM mixer.

• edited January 2018

@Janosax said:
    Audio unit broken here, it doesn’t load anymore in AUM and AB3. Already sent a mail to support, it’s on iPhone 7 Plus.

Also step editor glitches issue when navigating changing note lengths etc is fixed. Nice.

Has anybody tried on iPhone this update yet? Any issues like me to load AU?

I’ve just understood BH iaa was already able to do midi out. This works pretty good. But AU allow for project saving in AUM/AB/hosts projects. Has anybody tried several AU instances? How AUM manage different BH AU outputs?

• Could you post a screenshot of you settings for midi in BH?

@Strizbiz said:

@DCJ said:

No, Im sequencing 5 different audio units from one instance of BeatHawk, as far as I'm understanding it so far, each pad in BeatHawk is sending midi to a channel , ie, pad one is sending to midi channel 1 and so forth, and for each pad Im using to sequence an AU, I clear the pad of any samples. Working like a charm so far. In the screen shot it says Beathawk @ Ch1 Midi Out, but its channel 1 of the AUM mixer.

• @Samu @Strizbiz

Oh man. Now I’m really excited.

• @Janosax said:

@Janosax said:
    Audio unit broken here, it doesn’t load anymore in AUM and AB3. Already sent a mail to support, it’s on iPhone 7 Plus.

I’ve just understood BH iaa was already able to do midi out. This works pretty good. But AU allow for project saving in AUM/AB/hosts projects. Has anybody tried several AU instances? How AUM manage different BH AU outputs?

Yes AU on iPhone not working

• I also can’t load in AUM on iPhone 8

• edited January 2018

@realdavidai said:

@Janosax said:

@Janosax said:

Yes AU on iPhone not working

@noisefan said:
    I also can’t load in AUM on iPhone 8

Thanks for feedback. For info, I've removed/reinstall BH, this changes nothing AU still don't load. I have now to wait for all my iaps to download again, and it's not fast!!! BTW, I had to export all projects and audio imports to iTunes/iCloud to not lost everything. Hope for a quick AU fix from UVI.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Could you post a screenshot of you settings for midi in BH?

@Strizbiz said:

@DCJ said:

• Thanks! I think you have them as the way they are as default.

@Strizbiz said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Strizbiz said:

@DCJ said:

• edited January 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thanks! I think you have them as the way they are as default.

@Strizbiz said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Strizbiz said:

@DCJ said:

Those settings are for midi in and have nothing to do with BeatHawk AU sequencing in AUM.

In iaa mode, you have to choose AUM as midi out in BeatHawk preferences, and AUM midi destination for each AU you want to control. Filter midi channel with ch1 for first AU and BH first pad, ch2 for second AU and BH second pad, etc.

It’s different for BeatHawk AU but can’t test it now. By the screenshot above you have to choose « BeatHawk @ ch(X) midi out », midi channel filtering is the same process.

Look at those screenshots:

• I really like the color scheme they picked for the editor. Lightened the red and up and used tan lines instead of white.

• @Janosax said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thanks! I think you have them as the way they are as default.

@Strizbiz said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@Strizbiz said:

@DCJ said:

Those settings are for midi in and have nothing to do with BeatHawk AU sequencing in AUM.

In iaa mode, you have to choose AUM as midi out in BeatHawk preferences, and AUM midi destination for each AU you want to control. Filter midi channel with ch1 for first AU and BH first pad, ch2 for second AU and BH second pad, etc.

It’s different for BeatHawk AU but can’t test it now. By the screenshot above you have to choose « BeatHawk @ ch(X) midi out », midi channel filtering is the same process.

Look at those screenshots:

Im not using BeatHawk via IAA, I'm using it inside AUM as an audio unit , yes my midi settings are set to default, and yeah, you do have to filter out other midi channels , which shows that in the first screen shot I posted. Personally I'd rather use it as an audio unit inside AUM vs IAA, but to each his/own :)

• It’s in iaa mode cause AU is broken on iPhone since this update, like I wrote above. Almost same process between both for sure.

• @BiancaNeve said:

Anyone worked out the AU midi out

Redownloading. Thanx Bianca. This is great.

• Had no plans for it, but I really enjoy BH as an AU. Very creative and quick.

• Agree.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Had no plans for it, but I really enjoy BH as an AU. Very creative and quick.